Windows 10: Constant Crashing

Discus and support Constant Crashing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am ... somewhat... new to Windows 10. About 3 months ago I bought a new motherboard, processor, system SSD, and RAM (basically, a whole new PC).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hephalumph, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Constant Crashing

I am ... somewhat... new to Windows 10. About 3 months ago I bought a new motherboard, processor, system SSD, and RAM (basically, a whole new PC). Since I couldn't find my license key for the Win 7 install on my old machine, and couldn't buy a new Win 7 license, I was forced to get with the times and upgrade to Windows 10.

With my old PC and my old Windows 7, I would get a bluescreen about once a quarter, at most. I had the machine for 6 or 7 years, and had fewer than 1 dozen crashes.

With the new machine and OS, I crash at least once a week, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.

Since I upgraded hardware and software at the same time, I don't know for sure if this is OS or hardware related. But my troubleshooting so far makes it seem to be software. Some of the early errors pointed to possibly the RAM, SSD, or CPU as the culprit. And I have had no way to swap in known good components to verify if they are or are not the problem. But as the weeks have worn on, it seems more and more to be a software issue (based on my limited knowledge and a lot of google).

The crashes vary, but are almost all variations of driver related issues. I have removed all nonessential peripherals and internals, force checked and updated every driver I can. I don't want to use a scammy paid (or 'free now but pay later') driver upgrade program, and I don't know of any free/cheap and reliable/trustworthy out there - so everything has been done manually. But as far as I can tell, all drivers are up to date and good. Yet 9 out of 10 blue screens are one or another of the driver related crashes.

I don't have an actual list of them - I use my phone or tablet to google the crash every time it crashes, to see what it is, but I haven't been recording them. I plan to start - noting each type of crash I see, the frequency of each one, and what I was doing at the time. Though I know my PC crashes and reboots itself at least once a day - I am in the habit of having it running 24/7, and only rebooting every second or third day, with the occasional overnight or weekend-long shut-down. Yet I come back to it having rebooted itself a LOT, and have no way to know what the crash was.

I am just beyond frustrated. I thought maybe someone here might have some input or advice. If nothing else, maybe point me to an official, or well-recognized, driver service I can use to check all my drivers and see if my manual checking has missed anything. Or maybe some well-known tweaks that I am unaware of to get Win10 running smoothly.

Here's the system as of now:

Type​
    Item
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard
    Memory
    G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
    System Drive
    Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
    Storage
    OCZ Vertex 3 240 GB 3.5" Solid State Drive
    Storage
    Seagate BarraCuda Pro 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Storage
    Seagate BarraCuda Pro 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Windforce OC Video Card
    Case
    Cooler Master HAF XB (Black) ATX Desktop Case
    Power Supply
    PowerSpec 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
    Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit
    Monitor
    Sceptre 30" C305W-2560UN 2560x1080p Ultra Wide
    Keyboard
    Logitech G19 Wired Standard Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball​
    submitted by /u/hephalumph
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hephalumph, Dec 6, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 6, 2019
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Constant Crashing

KernelBase.dll is broken constant BSOD's constant game crashing.

Hi Darry,

User Profile corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing constant BSOD's on your computer. You mentioned that you ran the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool, but is still getting a stop code. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you create a new User Profile and check if the issue persists.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.

You may also check this link
    to fix BSOD errors. Choose the situation when you experienced the problem and follow the troubleshooting steps.

Dyan Rey, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Constant Crashing

1. Constant Crashing - Similar Threads - Constant Crashing

2. Windows Audio Graph Isolation - crashing constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Audio Graph Isolation - crashing constantly: Hello,I have noticed that sometimes on my PC sounds got freeze for 1second and then go back to normal. I have opened the to check whats going on and got results liek this:OpisŚcieżka do aplikacji powodującej błąd: C:\Windows\System32\audiodg.exeSygnatura problemuNazwa...
  3. Windows Audio Graph Isolation - crashing constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Graph Isolation - crashing constantly: Hello,I have noticed that sometimes on my PC sounds got freeze for 1second and then go back to normal. I have opened the to check whats going on and got results liek this:OpisŚcieżka do aplikacji powodującej błąd: C:\Windows\System32\audiodg.exeSygnatura problemuNazwa...
  4. Constant crashing, don't know reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant crashing, don't know reason: I've been having random crashes over the past couple weeks, and can't seem to find the cause. Here's a SS of the problem details from today.and a different one from yesterdayThat being said, It doesn't really matter what I'm doing, it just seems to randomly freeze everything,...
  5. Constant crashing, don't know reason

Constant crashing, don't know reason: I've been having random crashes over the past couple weeks, and can't seem to find the cause. Here's a SS of the problem details from today.and a different one from yesterdayThat being said, It doesn't really matter what I'm doing, it just seems to randomly freeze everything,...
  6. Constant PC crashes when gaming. Sometimes BSOD sometimes just complete shutdown of PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant PC crashes when gaming. Sometimes BSOD sometimes just complete shutdown of PC.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80378c21e19, 0xffff968145fbc900, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\041124-15687-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  7. Constant PC crashes when gaming. Sometimes BSOD sometimes just complete shutdown of PC.

Constant PC crashes when gaming. Sometimes BSOD sometimes just complete shutdown of PC.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80378c21e19, 0xffff968145fbc900, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\041124-15687-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  8. PC constantly crashing blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC constantly crashing blue screen: Hi, My new PC constantly crashes on windows I don't know what to do, I have seen some people say they can help by me sharing minidump files, I get watchdog violation error code. In event viewer they was also many error for metadata crashes? I'm at a loss I don't understand a...
  9. PC constantly crashing blue screen

PC constantly crashing blue screen: Hi, My new PC constantly crashes on windows I don't know what to do, I have seen some people say they can help by me sharing minidump files, I get watchdog violation error code. In event viewer they was also many error for metadata crashes? I'm at a loss I don't understand a...
  10. My windows crashes when playing HELLDIVERS 2 constantly at around 20-40mins.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows crashes when playing HELLDIVERS 2 constantly at around 20-40mins.: This error appears strangely enough only while playing a spesific game. Logs are as follows:System Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4} EventID 41 Version 8 Level 1 Task 63 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000400000000002...