Windows 10: Constant Disconnects with MS Wireless Display Adpaters

Discus and support Constant Disconnects with MS Wireless Display Adpaters in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I work at a school and we have 90+ of the V2 wireless adapters. teachers are using either Dell 5490 or HP ProBook G2 laptops with Windows 10 1703. Most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CurtisHealy, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Constant Disconnects with MS Wireless Display Adpaters

I work at a school and we have 90+ of the V2 wireless adapters. teachers are using either Dell 5490 or HP ProBook G2 laptops with Windows 10 1703. Most of the adapters are powered from Epson EB-675Wi projectors.

issue is that teachers are reporting that the connection using the MS Wireless display adapters is to inconsistent and they're reverting to using the HDMI cable to a wall plate. I've also surveyed the teacher staff and this is a common issue that has come up.

Teachers are able to connect but it could be 3mins or 25mins or 2hours and the connection randomly disconnects. for these staff we have updated Wifi and Video drivers but with no change to the issue. In some select classrooms we have connected the Adapters to a powered wall socket instead of the projector, still having issues.

Each classroom has an Access point that is currently broadcasting a 5ghz and 2.4ghz networks.

Is there a way to read the Logs of the Wireless Display Adapter to work out why the disconnects are happening?

We've invested alot of money into providing a Wireless display connection for staff but are unable to use it as expected.

:)

CurtisHealy, Aug 5, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    MS Wireless Display adapter stopped 2018

Hi David,

A few possible reasons can be the cause of this problem including a recent update that introduced compatibility issues with the Wireless Display driver. In line with this, we recommend that you update or reinstall the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter driver
    on your PC. Here's how:

• With the Wireless Display Adapter plugged in and powered on, select the
      Start
      button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.

• Expand one of the categories to find the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter device, then right-click on it, and select
      Update Driver.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the name of the device, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

In addition, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. This tool can help diagnose and fix hardware issues.

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Device, click Hardware and Devices.

If the issue persists, you may refer to the following link for additional troubleshooting steps that you can try:

Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Gino Des, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Constant Disconnects with MS Wireless Display Adpaters

Wireless display adapters keep disconnecting

Hi Luke,

It's possible that the devices aren't fully compatible, causing the disconnection. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Just to confirm, are you using a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, or is it a third-party device?
    • Did you make any changes to the computers before this started happening?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are using on your computers? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does it get disconnected when using a particular program?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, please post a screenshot.
    • Since you mentioned you've done some troubleshooting steps, can you list them all so that we could move on to the next ones?

Yolvi Ell, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Constant Disconnects with MS Wireless Display Adpaters

1. Constant Disconnects with MS Wireless Display Adpaters - Similar Threads - Constant Disconnects Wireless

2. Microsoft 4k Wireless Display Adpater Forces ST2084 HDR with no option to change to SDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 4k Wireless Display Adpater Forces ST2084 HDR with no option to change to SDR: I have a microsoft wireless 4k display adapter connected to an external portable monitor that support hdr through this weird ST2084 protocol, so it is not true HDR. When using the display adapter, it automatically adjusts the colors on the display adapater to the 2084 range,...
  3. Microsoft 4k Wireless Display Adpater Forces ST2084 HDR with no option to change to SDR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 4k Wireless Display Adpater Forces ST2084 HDR with no option to change to SDR: I have a microsoft wireless 4k display adapter connected to an external portable monitor that support hdr through this weird ST2084 protocol, so it is not true HDR. When using the display adapter, it automatically adjusts the colors on the display adapater to the 2084 range,...
  4. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter disconnects intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter disconnects intermittently: We have two different Microsoft wireless display adapters the standard and the 4K version. Both have the same issue of loosing connection after 3 to 5 seconds. I have downloaded the Wireless Display adapter app from the Microsoft store and checked the firmware both stated in...
  5. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter disconnects intermittently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter disconnects intermittently: We have two different Microsoft wireless display adapters the standard and the 4K version. Both have the same issue of loosing connection after 3 to 5 seconds. I have downloaded the Wireless Display adapter app from the Microsoft store and checked the firmware both stated in...
  6. MS Wireless Display Adapter Disconnecting GPU on Surface Book 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Wireless Display Adapter Disconnecting GPU on Surface Book 3: I am using a new Surface Book 3 and a MS Wireless Display Adapter. When connected to the wireless adapter the NVIDIA GPU Disconnects. It shows in Device Manager, but does not show up in any software, clearly stops working. NVIDIA Manager also states a card is not installed....
  7. Wireless display adapter disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless display adapter disconnects: Hi,I am facing issues with this item.I am using it on a PC Samsung 8 years old running Windows 10.It disconnect after 5 or 10 or15mn. Not always the same time.I have updated all drivers and also the adapter but without success.BUT this adapter works perfectly with my Android...
  8. Wireless Display: Unable to re-connect to wireless display after disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless Display: Unable to re-connect to wireless display after disconnecting?: Everytime I disconnect from my wireless display (surface go) and try to re-connect to it again (Ctrl-K option), the surface go device doesn't show up as an available device to connect to anymore. The only work-around I have is to reboot my PC so that it sees the Surface Go...
  9. Update Caused "Intel Wireless Bluetooth" to Constantly Disconnect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update Caused "Intel Wireless Bluetooth" to Constantly Disconnect: This took me a long time to pin down but after updating to 1903 I started having a lot of issues, so I updated to 1909 and then to 2004 with no success. The long and short of it is that Intel Wireless Bluetooth has started causing an infinite loop of connecting and...
  10. MS Wireless Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Wireless Display Adapter: I have a MS Wireless Display Adapter for my TV set. It works with my SURFACE, but will not work with my Desktop PC! I purchased a Bluetooth dongle & installed it on me Desktop Win 10. The Bluetooth was purchased from Maplin in Dublin Ireland. I used the CD install disk...