Windows 10: Constant ESENT database corruption errors in event log

Discus and support Constant ESENT database corruption errors in event log in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 is an utter mess that should have Never been released. 90% of the updates screw up most computers and these patches Cause more issues then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sonny_1965, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Constant ESENT database corruption errors in event log

Windows 10 is an utter mess that should have Never been released. 90% of the updates screw up most computers and these patches Cause more issues then they fix. NOW after the last "Patch" my system is constantly throwing up this dialog box: - MoveFile failed; code 183. Cannot create a file when it already exists - This most recently happened when I tried to update my simple CAD program on my home desktop. I have no idea where you got your trained monkeys in development from but I suggest you Fire them ASAP and replace them with blind employees who Never coded. They will have a better chance at getting it right. Better yet, just FIX the issue, basically 200 lines of code in XP and then re-release it and get rid of Win10; which is XP based and don't include all this polished turds you call "apps". Leave those as optional downloads so people can choose how bogged down they want their system to be. I know I ranted but that's half of the problems people are having; Substandard product after being promised a miraculous leap in technological design. Also, forward this to the programming and coding department specifically for This reason: STOP resetting everyone's personal settings whenever there is ANY sort of patch or update back to the default settings. It's getting REALLY annoying!

:)

Sonny_1965, Jul 9, 2018

2. Error ESENT Event ID 413 Logging/Recovery

I was getting over 50 ESENT errors in the event viewer after each reboot. I tried SFC /SCANNOW, DISM, CHKDSK /R. It did not work.........................

I then created a new profile, rebooted and logged in with the new profile. The ESENT errors are now gone. The system runs smooth. Many other errors that event viewer was listing are also gone now.
    The old profile was corrupt. The new profile works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

d8f05c48-09bc-4db8-a829-23b1ea0b23ce, Jul 9, 2018
  3. ESENT errors in Event Viewer

Not sure if this is the right place, so please move it/me if I'm misplaced.

I recently re-installed W10, and used Kari's tutorial to help me move the Users folder to a partition on another disk, using the sysprep routine.

This is a list of W10s Environment variables that apply to my account (MS/user/admin):

Constant ESENT database corruption errors in event log [​IMG]

Those that relate to my account all seem to be pointing to the right location (H:\Users).

However, until I turned off 'Sync my settings', the event viewer was littered with errors regarding ESENT--Extensible Storage (database) Engine, recorded multiple times per minute in an infinitely repetitive sequence: Events 494, 454, 488 & 413. The 494 event is the trigger:

SettingSyncHost (2876) {068B89D8-0F81-40D5-A335-0959E66CAECB}: Database recovery failed with error -1216 because it encountered references to a database, 'C:\Users\omnes\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync\metastore\meta.edb', which is no longer present. The database was not brought to a Clean Shutdown state before it was removed (or possibly moved or renamed). The database engine will not permit recovery to complete for this instance until the missing database is re-instated. If the database is truly no longer available and no longer required, procedures for recovering from this error are available in the Microsoft Knowledge Base or by following the "more information" link at the bottom of this message.

Can anyone suggest a way of directing the SettingSyncHost process to the right location? The drive/partition label (CConstant ESENT database corruption errors in event log :) should be H:, but otherwise the path is correct, and the db file (which is a hidden, system file) exists in that location.

It's not a problem for at present, as I don't have any devices that use that account, and have turned off 'Sync my settings' via Account settings; but it may be in the future, and may also be an issue for those who have moved the Users folder and have devices that give them that syncing feeling.

Incidentally, virtually all references in the MKB describe permissions rather than location problems, and the "more information" link in Event Viewer (Event Log Online Help) provides no information (Page Not Found).

omnescient, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Constant ESENT database corruption errors in event log

Smittychat., Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Constant ESENT database corruption errors in event log

1. Constant ESENT database corruption errors in event log - Similar Threads - Constant ESENT database

2. ESENT Catalog Database

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ESENT Catalog Database: Can you help me with this? Log Name: Application Source: ESENT Date: 1/8/2021 5:30:50 AM Event ID: 642 Task Category: General Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-892H6FC Description:...
  3. Windows 10 - Error in the Event Log - Event 556 - ESENT

Windows 10 - Error in the Event Log - Event 556 - ESENT: Goodmorning to everybody, I have an HP brand new laptop with Windows 10 on it. While addressing a serious BSoD question, I run into the Event Log of Windows and I discovered a huge amount of errors of the form: "SearchIndexer 7976,D,18 Windows: Database...
  4. ESENT error in event log

ESENT error in event log: Can someone please explain the following event log error svchost 5776,R,98 TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log -1023 (0xfffffc01) Thanks Russell...
  5. Windows 10 Event Log ESENT 623

Windows 10 Event Log ESENT 623: There are a lot of errors with 623 code in my Event Log: SearchIndexer (6624, D, 23) Windows: The version of this instance (0) has reached its maximum size of 128 MB. It is likely that a long-running transaction makes it impossible to clean the version store and increases...
  6. Database corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Database corrupt: ran the trouble shooter for win10 update fixed all errors except for POSSIBLE DATABASE CORRUPTION.... how do i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/database-corrupt/8570f70f-0242-4d36-96dd-281e75aa9e91
  7. ESENT errors in my Event Log

ESENT errors in my Event Log: On Windows 10 Pro x64 I am getting quite a few ESSENT errors in my Event Log after I start up W10. I see Event ID's 413, 455, 488, and 489. If these are indicative of a problem does anyone know the fix? Thanks 11479
  8. Event log full of ESENT event id 916

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event log full of ESENT event id 916: I've seen this discussed several times but nothing lately and nothing saying what to do about it. Multiple times per hour - anything from 1 to 5 (so far) I get the following event logged: Log Name: Application Source: ESENT Date: 12/29/2017 10:27:21 AM Event ID: 916...
  9. ESENT errors in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ESENT errors in Event Viewer: Not sure if this is the right place, so please move it/me if I'm misplaced. I recently re-installed W10, and used Kari's tutorial to help me move the Users folder to a partition on another disk, using the sysprep routine. This is a list of W10s Environment variables...
  10. Database error logged to events several times a day

in Windows 10 Support
    Database error logged to events several times a day: Description: FCB::Open failed: Could not open file C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\DATA\People_Gifts_Data.mdf for file number 1. OS error: 2(The system cannot find the file specified.). Description: BACKUP failed to complete the command...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. esent database corruption

2. error esent 467 database corruption

3. event 467

4. evento 476 esent solución,
  5. windows 10 event 552 454 465 tilerepositorys edb.log corrupt,
  6. windows 10 esent event id 467 database corruption,
  7. crc issues discord database corrupted esent windows 10,
  8. esent error 413,
  9. windows 10 476 esent error,
  10. error gpu esent,
  11. database corruption error event viewer,