Windows 10: Constant ethernet disconnect while gaming

Discus and support Constant ethernet disconnect while gaming in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just built my first pc and I’m having an issue with my ethernet dropping out every 5-10m when i’m gaming. I’ve done some research and it seems like it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/deejay_12, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Constant ethernet disconnect while gaming

Just built my first pc and I’m having an issue with my ethernet dropping out every 5-10m when i’m gaming.

I’ve done some research and it seems like it has to do with the Windows 10 feature that disconnects your internet connection when using too much power. I’ve changed countless power settings and nothing is working.

I’ve tried using device manager to change the power management properties of my ethernet connection but the ‘power management’ tab is missing from the properties menu. I’ve tried updating the drivers and that isn’t working either :/

Any suggestions? TIA

submitted by /u/deejay_12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/deejay_12, Jul 31, 2020
  2. lennonjon Win User

Constant ethernet disconnects and reconnects on Windows Home 64-bit

Hello,

I have a new laptop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. The problem I am having concerns the ethernet connection.

I am getting constant disconnects with the ethernet. I am running a connectivity monitor to track these disconnects and in the past 12-hours it has disconnected 21 times. I have gone through the standard "fixes" for such an issue:

1) Changed the power management settings on the Realtek PCle Family Controller.

2) Updated the driver

3) Uninstalled and reinstalled the ethernet card (doing the above two steps again).

4) Checked to make sure it isn't a modem issue (there have been no disconnects on two other computers, even after swapping ethernet cables).

5) Installed all Windows updates (this seemed to solve the issue for 1-day, then suddenly the problems started again).

Please help me with this issue. It is beyond frustrating when trying to play MMORPGS.

Salud,

Jon

lennonjon, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Ethernet and keyboard disconnect

I tried steps one to three as four seemed a little complicated. The keyboard is now fine. However the ethernet disconnects after i click the game icon and before it has even had a chance to load up

Alicia Howell, Jul 31, 2020
  4. lennonjon Win User

Constant ethernet disconnect while gaming

Constant ethernet disconnects and reconnects on Windows Home 64-bit

This has absolutely nothing to do with my issue. Did you even read my post?

I am having ethernet connection issues, not MIDI sound problems.

lennonjon, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Constant ethernet disconnect while gaming

1. Constant ethernet disconnect while gaming - Similar Threads - Constant ethernet disconnect

2. Ethernet constant disconnects - NetworkProfile EventID 10001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet constant disconnects - NetworkProfile EventID 10001: Hello there,After hours of searching & trying to fix my constant disconnect issues in vain, I chose to ask for your help here.Setup: Desktop PC connected by ethernetRealtek Gaming 2.5GbE Family controllerLast gen "Orange" livebox 6 router french ISP on a optic fibre...
  3. Ethernet constant disconnects - NetworkProfile EventID 10001

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet constant disconnects - NetworkProfile EventID 10001: Hello there,After hours of searching & trying to fix my constant disconnect issues in vain, I chose to ask for your help here.Setup: Desktop PC connected by ethernetRealtek Gaming 2.5GbE Family controllerLast gen "Orange" livebox 6 router french ISP on a optic fibre...
  4. my computer constantly disconnects from my ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer constantly disconnects from my ethernet: So my pc is connected to router via ethernet cable and my connection is non-stop going off and on. ive tryed everything: reseting network settings, changing cable, installing new drivers, changing router ports, swapping cables sides.please help me its been 3 months like this...
  5. my computer constantly disconnects from my ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer constantly disconnects from my ethernet: So my pc is connected to router via ethernet cable and my connection is non-stop going off and on. ive tryed everything: reseting network settings, changing cable, installing new drivers, changing router ports, swapping cables sides.please help me its been 3 months like this...
  6. Constant BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD while gaming: I've been getting constant BSOD issues with my pc whilst gaming for several months now with a variety of different bug check codes. Here are some of the them if that's any help at all.0x0000013aIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a...
  7. Disconnection while in game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disconnection while in game: So a few days ago, I was playing some videogames as usual and then for no reason the game showed a disconnection window. At first I thought it was the game, so I reinstalled it but the problem was not solved. I tried other games and the same thing, problems with internet...
  8. constant bsod while gaming

constant bsod while gaming: my system just started bsod while i'm playing games. critical software corruption. here is a one drive link to my dmp files and system specs. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgP0880zT6dNk3s3S9b1_0FKic_b thanks. my system is an HP Pavilion dv6 AMD A6 8gb ram 650GB hdd....
  9. Constant BSOD While Gaming

Constant BSOD While Gaming: I have gotten the following BSOD's pretty consistently lately. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (dxgmms2.sys) I have been playing Rise of the Tomb Raider using mostly the settings suggested by GeForce Experience...
  10. Constant BSOD while gaming

Constant BSOD while gaming: Hi guys, I have a pretty new laptop and have so far been unable to do any gaming on it as I get constant BSOD. I sometimes get 'display driver nvidia windows kernel xxx.xx has stopped responding' (which has happened no matter which nvidia driver I've had installed,...