Windows 10: Constant ethernet disconnect while gaming

Discus and support Constant ethernet disconnect while gaming in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just built my first pc and I’m having an issue with my ethernet dropping out every 5-10m when i’m gaming. I’ve done some research and it seems like it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/deejay_12, Jul 31, 2020 at 9:17 PM.

1. Constant ethernet disconnect while gaming

Just built my first pc and I’m having an issue with my ethernet dropping out every 5-10m when i’m gaming.

I’ve done some research and it seems like it has to do with the Windows 10 feature that disconnects your internet connection when using too much power. I’ve changed countless power settings and nothing is working.

I’ve tried using device manager to change the power management properties of my ethernet connection but the ‘power management’ tab is missing from the properties menu. I’ve tried updating the drivers and that isn’t working either :/

Any suggestions? TIA

submitted by /u/deejay_12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/deejay_12, Jul 31, 2020 at 9:17 PM
  2. lennonjon Win User

Constant ethernet disconnects and reconnects on Windows Home 64-bit

Hello,

I have a new laptop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. The problem I am having concerns the ethernet connection.

I am getting constant disconnects with the ethernet. I am running a connectivity monitor to track these disconnects and in the past 12-hours it has disconnected 21 times. I have gone through the standard "fixes" for such an issue:

1) Changed the power management settings on the Realtek PCle Family Controller.

2) Updated the driver

3) Uninstalled and reinstalled the ethernet card (doing the above two steps again).

4) Checked to make sure it isn't a modem issue (there have been no disconnects on two other computers, even after swapping ethernet cables).

5) Installed all Windows updates (this seemed to solve the issue for 1-day, then suddenly the problems started again).

Please help me with this issue. It is beyond frustrating when trying to play MMORPGS.

Salud,

Jon

3. Ethernet and keyboard disconnect

I tried steps one to three as four seemed a little complicated. The keyboard is now fine. However the ethernet disconnects after i click the game icon and before it has even had a chance to load up

Alicia Howell, Jul 31, 2020 at 9:30 PM
  4. lennonjon Win User

Constant ethernet disconnect while gaming

Constant ethernet disconnects and reconnects on Windows Home 64-bit

This has absolutely nothing to do with my issue. Did you even read my post?

I am having ethernet connection issues, not MIDI sound problems.

Thema:

Constant ethernet disconnect while gaming

1. Constant ethernet disconnect while gaming - Similar Threads - Constant ethernet disconnect

2. Ethernet and keyboard disconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet and keyboard disconnect: I have recently just built a gaming pc so can run games better. Everything worked fine for a few days while it was setting up and installing all the games. But now it does not. Generally, my pc will last for 10 minutes before disconnecting my keyboard and ethernet but my...
  3. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting: Since upgrading to Win10 (1903 then 1909) I have had frequent disconnections on my broadband. I use a standard CAT 5 ethernet cable connected to my router, and after about 10 minutes or so of internet connectivity my broadband drops. I can still connect to the router which...
  4. Mouse constantly disconnects after not being used for a while

Mouse constantly disconnects after not being used for a while: Hi, I have a problem with my Microsoft Modern Mouse constantly disconnecting after few seconds of not being used. It's distracting and seriously messing with my workflow. At the moment I've followed the steps to prevent windows from turning it off: 1. Enabled automatic...
  5. constant bsod while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    constant bsod while gaming: my system just started bsod while i'm playing games. critical software corruption. here is a one drive link to my dmp files and system specs. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgP0880zT6dNk3s3S9b1_0FKic_b thanks. my system is an HP Pavilion dv6 AMD A6 8gb ram 650GB hdd....
  6. Constant BSOD While Gaming

Constant BSOD While Gaming: I have gotten the following BSOD's pretty consistently lately. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (dxgmms2.sys) I have been playing Rise of the Tomb Raider using mostly the settings suggested by GeForce Experience...
  7. Constant internet disconnection

Constant internet disconnection: I got a brand new HP Windows 10 laptop last week and on the second day of having it I noticed some internet performance issues. Basically this laptop will only connect to the Internet for about 10 minutes before switching to only a "limited" connection. When I try and...
  8. Constant BSOD while gaming

Constant BSOD while gaming: Hi guys, I have a pretty new laptop and have so far been unable to do any gaming on it as I get constant BSOD. I sometimes get 'display driver nvidia windows kernel xxx.xx has stopped responding' (which has happened no matter which nvidia driver I've had installed,...
  9. Constant disconnections

Constant disconnections: About 2 weeks ago Windows 10 started disconnecting from wifi regularly. The disconnects sometimes happen in quick succession, 30 seconds apart. Other times they hapen every 30 minutes to 2 hours. I am unaware of any changes that have been made in the last 2 weeks to cause...
  10. Constant Disconnects!

Constant Disconnects!: So our family switched to new provider internet (BT Infinity or something) . Everyone in family happy except me. Because i'm the only one who uses PC not laptop. And because I'm using PC i am using Ethernet Cable. My mom and sister uses laptops so they use wireless internet...