Windows 10: Constant freeze and black screening.

Discus and support Constant freeze and black screening. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Fresh installed on two different ssd's. After I login I have about 5 or 10 seconds to make an action before it freezes, goes black for a few seconds,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FcukBLM, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Constant freeze and black screening.

Fresh installed on two different ssd's.

After I login I have about 5 or 10 seconds to make an action before it freezes, goes black for a few seconds, the gpu revs then comes back on and I have another couple of seconds to do something and rinse and repeat. It's almost impossible to make updates of any kind or even attempt to troubleshoot because I cant so anything.

Ny gpu revs everytime too. My gpu is a gtx 660 if thay matters.

submitted by /u/FcukBLM
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FcukBLM, Apr 18, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Constant freeze and black screening.

How do i fix constant freezing and black screen

Hi Sally,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

As you get black screen, I suggest you to refer to the below help article on how to troubleshoot the black screen problems.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Since the computer is freezing randomly, you may try to run the system maintenance troubleshooter which will find up unused files, shortcuts and perform maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on System maintenance.
    • Click on Advanced on the System maintenance dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the System maintenance troubleshooter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Constant freeze and black screening.

1. Constant freeze and black screening. - Similar Threads - Constant freeze black

2. computer constantly freezes, now black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer constantly freezes, now black screen with cursor: Yes I have forcibly shut it down. Yes I unplugged the entire computer. I only get the loading screen before the actual account loads, and now it’s a black screen with a cursor. I’ve been at this for four hours. I even unplugged it for a full hour before trying again. Like at...
  3. computer constantly freezes, now black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer constantly freezes, now black screen with cursor: Yes I have forcibly shut it down. Yes I unplugged the entire computer. I only get the loading screen before the actual account loads, and now it’s a black screen with a cursor. I’ve been at this for four hours. I even unplugged it for a full hour before trying again. Like at...
  4. computer constantly freezes, now black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!: Getting sick and tired of the constant BSODs and black screen freezing, so I'm coming to the community to seek help! Recently I've been coming across not just BSODs, but my display turning off as if something's wrong with it and then freezing up so I can't try to fix it with...
  6. Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!: Getting sick and tired of the constant BSODs and black screen freezing, so I'm coming to the community to seek help! Recently I've been coming across not just BSODs, but my display turning off as if something's wrong with it and then freezing up so I can't try to fix it with...
  7. Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!

8. Windows 10 install constant black screen freezing

Windows 10 install constant black screen freezing: I built my 12th or so computer recently. I’m not a pro builder I’ve only built 3 in the last 5 years. I used an Asrock B560M steel legend with i5-11400. Power cooler 650w psu and 512 m.2 drive. Firstly the dram is not perfect. It won’t work in a1 or a2 slots so I can’t...
  9. My windows computer constantly freezes with a black screen following

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows computer constantly freezes with a black screen following: My windows computer has recently started to freeze and crash. It happens almost every 30 minutes or so, after the crash I have to restart the computer and even sometimes it signs me in a temporary user profile which is very annoying. This all starts, when my applications stop...
  10. Constantly black screen

Constantly black screen: A few days ago i got a blue screen while watching a stream and since then my computer has went to a black screen after the white dots are done spinning even when it does the auto repair. I’m also unable to even restart into safe mode since my computer doesn’t go into it after...