Windows 10: Constant freeze when log-in, or when trying to install a program.

Discus and support Constant freeze when log-in, or when trying to install a program. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10, I moved on to do a clean install of that OS. But what I noticed was that after I installed a few drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by chaseer, Aug 14, 2015.

1. chaseer Win User

Constant freeze when log-in, or when trying to install a program.

After I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10, I moved on to do a clean install of that OS. But what I noticed was that after I installed a few drivers, (Intel HD Graphics + nVidia + Chipset, maybe I wasn't installing enough?) after log-in the laptop seem to freeze and takes a long, long time before I can finally use the explorer. I never had this problem before the clean re-install. Same thing when I attempt to install a program. After one attempt to re-do everything and still having the same problem, I had enough and had to do a clean re-install on my Windows 7.

It seems to behave as if my laptop is an ancient, but its not. My laptop is a 6G RAM Acer Aspire V3 471G, with nVidia GeForce GT 630M 2G video graphics. (Sorry, but I'm a total loss when it comes to HDD or SDD, but I do have 1.) Now, I wanted to take everything slow, and wanted to try to do the upgrade + clean install Windows 10 again, but at the same time I'm worried I could face the same problem again. It could be due to the fact I didn't install enough drivers for it to work, so I need advice on the order of hardware/drivers re-installation after a clean install on Windows 10 to prevent another hiccup of constant freezing. *Huh

:)

chaseer, Aug 14, 2015
  2. LeonieEls Win User

Error when trying to install a VPN program on Windows 10 proffesional

Thank you for your reply, most appreciated! I will try that.

LeonieEls, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Error when trying to install a VPN program on Windows 10 proffesional

Hi Leonie,

This error may occur due to restrictions with the directory. This issue is better suited for the IT Pro audience on TechNet. They might have the resources to assist you with the VPN program installation. Please post your question in the
    TechNet Windows 10 Networking forum. Also, you can get in touch with your VPN provider for further assistance.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Gerard Qui, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Constant freeze when log-in, or when trying to install a program.

1. Constant freeze when log-in, or when trying to install a program. - Similar Threads - Constant freeze log

2. Program Freezes When Trying to Print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Freezes When Trying to Print: The problem started when we would try to print a document, it would freeze/lock up the program we were using. Eventually I figured out that if I stopped or restarted the printer spooler service the programs would unfreeze. One trip to Microcenter for a full diagnostic. $300,...
  3. Program Freezes When Trying to Print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Freezes When Trying to Print: The problem started when we would try to print a document, it would freeze/lock up the program we were using. Eventually I figured out that if I stopped or restarted the printer spooler service the programs would unfreeze. One trip to Microcenter for a full diagnostic. $300,...
  4. When trying to install certain programs....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to install certain programs....: After downloading programs from the Microsoft store, I get an error message when trying to install said program "such n such has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution the problem after checking/searching A problem causes the program to stop working correctly....
  5. When trying to install certain programs....

When trying to install certain programs....: After downloading programs from the Microsoft store, I get an error message when trying to install said program "such n such has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution the problem after checking/searching A problem causes the program to stop working correctly....
  6. Constant Freezing when Playing Games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Freezing when Playing Games.: Everytime I play a game, it freezes constantly and ruins the whole gameplay. I don't know what to do about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-freezing-when-playing-games/47f74eaf-a30a-4c3f-a907-ef6ad0630dc0
  7. Black Screen when Trying to install a program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen when Trying to install a program: Every time I try to install a program, I get a black screen instead of the user account control prompt. It still makes the sound but shows a black screen. I can use CtrL-Alt-Del to get out of it but then it doesn't install the program. This also happens when I try to...
  8. pc freeze when i try to install a program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc freeze when i try to install a program: My pc freeze when i try to install icmarketssc5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freeze-when-i-try-to-install-a-program/232b8302-d97b-4b49-8aab-c8bb80cd895e
  9. error displayed when trying to install a program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error displayed when trying to install a program: I have tried to install Corel PSP 5 pro but get the error message" check internet connection then try again". I have internet connection and I configured my firewall to allow the download. I always get the same error msg. I have Norton Antiviris but didn't know if that was...
  10. Program blocked when I'm trying to install it

Program blocked when I'm trying to install it: Hey guys! I'm trying to install a program but Windows says the publisher's been blocked. Problem is that there's no button to unlock it. There's just an OK button. Is there a way to go around this? 13738