Windows 10: Constant freezes on brand new Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Constant freezes on brand new Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just got my new laptop today with Windows 10 Home. Signed in with OOBE offline, then created a restore point and imaged my entire system drive. I then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BTMC, Oct 11, 2021.

1. BTMC Win User

Constant freezes on brand new Windows 10 laptop

Just got my new laptop today with Windows 10 Home. Signed in with OOBE offline, then created a restore point and imaged my entire system drive. I then turned on the internet and started using the laptop. The laptop was working fine on this first session. Then I was prompted to restart the laptop to allow updates to finish, and that's when the nightmares started.Constant non-stop freezes every few hours or so. Most of the time when it happens it is a "soft" freeze, where I can still move my cursor and change my laptop's volume/brightness, but the entire OS is unresponsive and none of the apps w

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 install freeze on brand-new laptop

I have a brand-news Toshiba laptop with Windows 8.1. Have done absolutely nothing with it except setup. During setup, I get a prompt to upgrade to Windows 10. Download fails a couple of times but eventually is successful, as is installation. At end of
    installation, while selecting options, the screen freezes on a dialog box saying "Startup menu updated." Frozen. Stays frozen. Reboots as frozen. And my mouse is gone. Sort of works with keyboard, but can't access the entire system.

SusanMontana, Oct 11, 2021
  4. Constant freezes on brand new Windows 10 laptop

Laptops keeps freezing despite troubleshooting!

alexdavies8, In some cases freezes are often caused by a thermal issue. Most probably because of a thermal paste. May I know if you bought a brand new laptop, if not I suggest putting a new thermal paste or have a professional to put it for you. If the laptop
    is brand new I suggest bringing it where you bought the laptop.

In may seem that a laptop isn't hot outside, but when it comes to its processor not having a proper thermal paste it can become hotter than normal. Causing freezes or restarts.

KevinBaltazar, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

Constant freezes on brand new Windows 10 laptop

1. Constant freezes on brand new Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Constant freezes brand

2. Constant BSOD on brand new Windows 11 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD on brand new Windows 11 install: I have an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 with the AMD Ryzen Series 9 4900 and nVIDIA Geforce 2060. What a piece of work this computer has been. The computer came originally with Windows 10 and at the beginning of the year I decided to go with the Windows 11 upgrade. Since I upgraded I...
  3. Constant BSOD on brand new Windows 11 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD on brand new Windows 11 install: I have an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 with the AMD Ryzen Series 9 4900 and nVIDIA Geforce 2060. What a piece of work this computer has been. The computer came originally with Windows 10 and at the beginning of the year I decided to go with the Windows 11 upgrade. Since I upgraded I...
  4. Constant freezes on brand new Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant freezes on brand new Windows 10 laptop: Just got my new laptop today with Windows 10 Home. Signed in with OOBE offline, then created a restore point and imaged my entire system drive. I then turned on the internet and started using the laptop. The laptop was working fine on this first session. Then I was prompted...
  5. Constant freezes on brand new Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant freezes on brand new Windows 10 laptop: Just got my new laptop today with Windows 10 Home. Signed in with OOBE offline, then created a restore point and imaged my entire system drive. I then turned on the internet and started using the laptop. The laptop was working fine on this first session. Then I was prompted...
  6. Brand New PC, Constant BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New PC, Constant BSODs: Hi there. So I bought a PC (pre-built) that had already had an iGPU. I installed another (dedicated) GPU I had from the PC I had built myself a while back but didn't use at all. Here are the specs: Gigabyte B460M DS3H w/ Wi-Fi Intel i7-10700 Processor @2.9 GHz with iGPU -...
  7. Windows 10 on brand new laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 on brand new laptop: My son has just had his own windows 10 laptop and when we set it up he was the only user and thus the administrator for the machine. However, I was set up to have family control. I have never had a problem restricting and/or allowing access to screen time until a couple of...
  8. Laptop constantly freezes

Laptop constantly freezes: Last year I bought an ASUS VivoBook Max X541N. It'd make a strange sound when was on and after two weeks its hard disk had to be changed, but not sure why. Before that, it'd freeze sometimes and when I tried to put it on sleep mode, it wouldn't stop and when I opened it,...
  9. updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop: This is a brand new laptop. It will not update windows 10, which it says is compatible. It says I do not have enough storage space to do it, but there is ample. I've tried plugging in an external drive, but no luck. I've tried getting on line chat help. He was no help at all....
  10. Brand New laptop

Brand New laptop: After loading MS office 365 and down loading updates. I restarted my lap top as required and now all it states is "PREPAREING AUTOMATIC REPAIR." Tis is a brand NEW LAPTOP, ??? What is up with this ....