Windows 10: CONSTANT FREEZING AND RANDOM BLACKSCREEN. PLEASE HELP.

Discus and support CONSTANT FREEZING AND RANDOM BLACKSCREEN. PLEASE HELP. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop is running the latest Windows 10 and I am currently having issues where my laptop would freeze randomly and sometimes, with blackscreen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ptrwg_, Feb 13, 2021.

1. ptrwg_ Win User

CONSTANT FREEZING AND RANDOM BLACKSCREEN. PLEASE HELP.

Hi,

My laptop is running the latest Windows 10 and I am currently having issues where my laptop would freeze randomly and sometimes, with blackscreen as well. The laptop that I'm using is MSI GS63 Stealth Intel 8th i-7, Nvidia 1060. I've been trying every solution that I could find but found no luck. I found more complains than solutions to be honest. These are some of the things that I've tried:

1. Reinstalled Windows 5-6 times. Did a fresh install twice. Laptop was fine for 2 days. Then the issue came back.

2. Ran dism / online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command as well as sfc /scannow and found nothing.

3. Did a temperature check and concluded that it was not the temperature that caused these issues as my laptop would freeze upon the first minute of turning it on. There are days that I could game for 3 hours straight and the temperature would be around 70-75 degrees and not one freeze or blackscreen.

4. Bought a new battery and replaced the old one. Laptop froze within one hour.

5. Sent it to GeekSquad twice but they can't seem to be able to fix the issue. They said nothing is wrong with the hardware.

6. Changed battery setting to High Performance.

7. I have never overclocked my laptop.

8. Downloaded memtest and the result came back fine.

9. Did an Intel stress test and and the result came back fine as well.

10. Tried Safe Mode and same issue happened.

11. After reinstalled Windows several times, I've tried to use the laptop with no third party software downloaded and my laptop would still freeze.

I could be browsing Youtube or typing on Word and sometimes the screen would go black and the system would be locked up and had no choice but to hard reboot. Because of this, I keep getting event 41 error on the Event Viewer log.

There are days where my laptop would run fine. No issues whatsoever. But it only last for about 2 days. Max. Then, the freezing issue would come back. And when it does, it will happen about 8-10 times a day. Every 15 to 20 minutes. This is ridiculous considering that I've spent more than 1500 USD on a laptop just to have this issue. I cannot use this laptop without the fear of losing my work. Please. Somebody. Come up with a solution please. I can't afford to send it to the store everytime this kind of stuff happen.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

ptrwg_, Feb 13, 2021
  2. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Feb 13, 2021
  4. CONSTANT FREEZING AND RANDOM BLACKSCREEN. PLEASE HELP.

Random freeze after waking from sleep

Just had another random freeze... It happened immediately after I sent a tweet via the web version of TweetDeck. It froze and then there was a constant beep from my speakers. This is the second time I've had a freeze with a constant beep. (Maybe it's the result of my music being frozen at the same time.) Anyway, these random freezes are a total mystery to me and it's becoming increasingly annoying. ANY help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

crosswithyou, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

CONSTANT FREEZING AND RANDOM BLACKSCREEN. PLEASE HELP.

1. CONSTANT FREEZING AND RANDOM BLACKSCREEN. PLEASE HELP. - Similar Threads - CONSTANT FREEZING RANDOM

2. Constant BlackScreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BlackScreen: I have been experiencing complete black screen crashes during gaming sessions. I have tried everything - reinstalling Windows, graphic drivers, etc. I need help reading this reliability history report.DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working...
  3. Constant BlackScreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BlackScreen: I have been experiencing complete black screen crashes during gaming sessions. I have tried everything - reinstalling Windows, graphic drivers, etc. I need help reading this reliability history report.DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working...
  4. Constant BlackScreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random Freeze and Restart please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Freeze and Restart please help: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffff800f7cc83010, 0xfffff80696f11b20, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 61104a98-0e5d-4ac4-8432-c02ad7bfdeb9....
  6. Random Freeze and Restart please help

Random Freeze and Restart please help: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffff800f7cc83010, 0xfffff80696f11b20, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 61104a98-0e5d-4ac4-8432-c02ad7bfdeb9....
  7. Random Freeze and Restart please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Constant BSOD at random times - please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD at random times - please help: Hello all,For the last year or so, my PC will randomly BSOD and I have been unable to find a cause. I have tried different RAM sticks and the BSOD still occurred. The errors that I have been getting are all varied and I can't seem to figure out any particular cause. Any help...
  9. Constant BSOD at random times - please help

Constant BSOD at random times - please help: Hello all,For the last year or so, my PC will randomly BSOD and I have been unable to find a cause. I have tried different RAM sticks and the BSOD still occurred. The errors that I have been getting are all varied and I can't seem to figure out any particular cause. Any help...
  10. Laptop Freezes Randomly. Help Please!

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Freezes Randomly. Help Please!: Hi, Before I begin, I must point out I'm not tech savvy and that will become apparent in the post. I have the must frustrating issue with mt acer laptop. Randomly, and for no apparent reason it keeps freezing. The only way out is to power off then on again. It might not...