Windows 10: Constant freezing and slow to respond

Discus and support Constant freezing and slow to respond in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since I've installed win 10 I've ran into countless problems. I had the black screen with white cursor which turned out to be the integrated graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Necropig, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Necropig Win User

Constant freezing and slow to respond

Since I've installed win 10 I've ran into countless problems. I had the black screen with white cursor which turned out to be the integrated graphics displaying it on my second monitor which was off at the time. So fixed that.
    Now the annoying part. Once it boots to desktop it takes an age to respond. I click the windows icon to go to start menu and it pops up 5-10 seconds later. I cant access a single icon the OS just freezes. If I right click on the desktop and choose screen resolution etc it says I don't have the correct program installed. I've tried to go through start up - setting - security and then recover but just to get there its about 10 minutes of waiting and once I choose to either reinstall win 10 or revert back to win 7 it just freezes up. The only thing win 10 has offered me is a working clock.

:)

Necropig, Jul 30, 2015

2. System Freezes on upgrading to Windows 10.

Answers to questions:

1.Upgraded via windows updates

2.The problems have occurred since upgrade

3. as of today, no new problems have cropped up other than the constant freezes

4. Edge browser: A. Slow page turns (Internet Explorer in Windows 7 was much faster)

B. Slow window changes (Again, Internet Explorer was much faster)

C. Very slow article loads and constant freezing of the article as you try to scroll through while reading.

As cumbersome as a newspaper is to read, it's a lot better than Edge.

I wish Windows XP was still available

Ran system Maintenance as Administrator and found no issues.

Bob Kroening, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10/Edge freezing

Has anyone found a fix for the Edge freeze problem? My previous computer worked fine until the upgrade to Windows 10 and then it slowed down and froze constantly. I thought that it might have been the processor speed. So I bought a new PC with more power
    and faster processing speed. Of course, it came with Windows 10 and Edge was the default browser. I am so fed up with constant freezing, I am seriously considering buying a Mac. "..... not responding. Recover webpage" with the infernal blue circle are now
    a constant feature of my life, and I spend 6-8 hours per day on the computer. Tasks that previously took seconds, now take minutes, lots of minutes. Just to sign up here was a hassle. Obviously, I am not the only person. Is there no solution to this problem?

YVETTEHOLDER, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Constant freezing and slow to respond

1. Constant freezing and slow to respond - Similar Threads - Constant freezing slow

2. CONSTANTLY "NOT RESPONDING"......

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CONSTANTLY "NOT RESPONDING"......: Greetings--Okay, I give up...... In the last 6 months to almost a year, every time I open anything - Excel, Word both through 365, my browser, my email third party Thunderbird, my various software I use, EVERYTHING, I get the words, "Not Responding." It takes anywhere from...
  3. Monitor is slow and blacks out constantly and freezes

Monitor is slow and blacks out constantly and freezes: I have an HP Pavillion All-in-one computer/monitor thing and recently it's started to become slower and now it's constantly blacking out as in showing black screens a lot. This has been reoccuring a lot and now it freezes after a while. Is there anyway I can fix it withour...
  4. Window 10 constantly not responding / freezing

Window 10 constantly not responding / freezing: When I open word or ppt on the desktop, everything will not respond and freeze. After about 10 seconds, the words and ppt can be run. Also, this happens when I visit the website....
  5. Laptop is running really slow and constantly crashing/freezing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop is running really slow and constantly crashing/freezing.: I have a laptop that I bought in 2015 and after 2-3 years it started to become a bit slower, but after doing some cleaning it started to run just fine. It's a windows 8.1 laptop and I only upgraded it to windows 10 recently, like 2 months ago. For the past year, the laptop...
  6. Constantly getting "Not Responding"error message&freezing using chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Constantly getting "Not Responding"error message&freezing using chrome: I own a dell Latitude Insprion laptop, it's less than 3 years old, When I use Google Chrome(or IE or Firefox for that matter) the system freezes for extended periods , 3 to 7 minutes, and will not respond. The error message "Not Responding" shows up all the time. This happens...
  7. Constantly getting "Not Responding"error message&freezing using chrome

in Windows 10 Support
    Constantly getting "Not Responding"error message&freezing using chrome: I own a dell Latitude Insprion laptop, it's less than 3 years old, When I use Google Chrome(or IE or Firefox for that matter) the system freezes for extended periods , 3 to 7 minutes, and will not respond. The error message "Not Responding" shows up all the time. This happens...
  8. Slow performance of laptop and freezing , not responding.

Slow performance of laptop and freezing , not responding.: I have Lenovo IdeaPad 300 i5 6th gen , 4 gb ram 1 tb hard drive it came with pre-installed windows 10 but now many times when I open chrome it shows not responding and many other programs like vlc paint do same and laptop is very slow what to do?...
  9. Windows runs very slow/constantly in Not Responding

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows runs very slow/constantly in Not Responding: I'm not too sure if this belongs here but: Until yesterday morning, my computer will constantly lag and will take a long time to open up programs. It's not just the programs but also the desktop itself. It was working just fine a few hours before and I have not installed...
  10. Constant freezing, slow to open programs and files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Constant freezing, slow to open programs and files.: The title says it all. Constant freezing and slow to open programs - I'm talking about minutes not seconds. I have anti-virus and malware software working. Recently, downloaded latest Windows 10 update. Now it seems worse. But it was bad before that. Any suggestions? Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fed up with screen freeze slow respond and general problems wth win10