Windows 10: Constant Google Update Helper Error

Discus and support Constant Google Update Helper Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As of the first of the month I am constantly getting an error associated with Google Update Helper. The Reliability Monitor gives me the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by johnpd, Dec 10, 2019.

1. johnpd Win User

Constant Google Update Helper Error

As of the first of the month I am constantly getting an error associated with Google Update Helper.

The Reliability Monitor gives me the following message:
    "Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Google Update Helper. Product Version: 1.3.99.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Google Inc.. Reconfiguration success or error status: 1638."

The Event Viewer indicates:
    "Product: Google Update Helper -- Error 1316. The specified account already exists."

There is nothing in the Programs and Features for Google Update Helper nor is there a Google Update entry so I have no way of uninstalling it.

These errors are occurring at a set time. The last few days I get two an hour, 10 minutes and 22 minutes after the hour.

I sure would like to get rid of these.

JohnD

:)

johnpd, Dec 10, 2019
  2. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Dec 10, 2019
  3. mandoist Win User
    File Association Helper in Startup

from another forum on May 6, 2018:
    You can uninstall File Association Helper in less than 5 minutes. Here are the steps to follow:

Step 1 — Uninstall File Association Helper via Control Panel

Simply go to Start > type Control Panel > double click the first result to launch Control Panel.
    Then go to Uninstall a program > locate File Association Helper in the list and select it
    Select Uninstall > wait until Windows completely removes FAH from your PC.
    Restart your PC.
    Step 2 — Clean the Registry Editor

Now that you removed the program, you also need to remove any traces or file changes associated with it. To do that, you need to open the Registry Editor.

Go to Start > type “regedit” > launch the Registry Editor
    Locate the following keys and delete them:
    KEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareFile Association Helper
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareFile Association Helper

Step 3 — Check all the hidden files and folders

File Association Helper may have left behind various hidden files and folders. In order to completely remove the software, you can also need to delete these files. Here’s how to do that:

Simply go to Start > type Control Panel > double click the first result to launch Control Panel. On Windows 10, you can also type “Show hidden files and folder” in the search box. Then simply check Show hidden files, folders and drives and jump straight to step number 3.
    RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix common PC issues and speed up your system
    Go to Folder > select Show Hidden Files and Folders
    Locate the following folders:
    CConstant Google Update Helper Error :program FilesFile Association Helper
    C*Biggrinocument and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataFile Association Helper
    C*Biggrinocuments and Settings%USER%Application DataFile Association Helper

4. Delete them and then restart your PC.

Step 4 — Empty Temp Folder

The final step is to clean the Temp folder where all the temporary files are stored. To empty the folder, go to Start and type the %temp% command.

This will open the Temp folders. You can now empty them. If the system displays an error message when deleting some files, leave them. The files might be in use by Windows services or some running software.

Step 5 — Use a dedicated tool to remove software leftovers

After you performed all the steps listed above, you have removed 99.9% of all the files and folders left behind by File Association Helper. However, there may be a few file that escaped your scrutiny. In order to make sure that you have removed all of them, you can also use a dedicated software uninstaller.

These applications are specially designed to remove the selected application along with all of its files and registry entries. As a result, the application will be completely removed from your PC.

There are many great uninstaller tools available on the market, but the best are IOBit Uninstaller and Revo Uninstaller so feel free to try any of these tools.

mandoist, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Constant Google Update Helper Error

Product: ASUS Update Helper — Error 1316. The specified account already exists

I've been looking for an answer all over the net for the last 12 hours and most answers always seem to suggest the same things; using a registry cleanup such as CCleaner and using the microsoft diagnostics cab.

I've tried these and cannot figure out 1) what's triggering the error and 2) how to prevent it.

As the title says, event viewer is throwing an error; MsiInstaller 11316 with the details that Product: ASUS Update Helper -- Error 1316. The specified account already exists.

However, I'm not trying to install/uninstall anything, and I can't seem to find what the ASUS Update Helper is, nor is there anything installed by that name. I've uninstalled everything with the name ASUS from the apps tab and there are no programs in the start menu.

There are, however, entries in services:

Services Screenshot

My motherboard is an ASUS Prime Z370-A II so it could be related but I would still like to fix whatever the cause is.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for your help!

Callumwill1991, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Constant Google Update Helper Error

1. Constant Google Update Helper Error - Similar Threads - Constant Google Update

2. Instalé savefrom.net helper por error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Instalé savefrom.net helper por error: Hola! Me encontraba descargando algunas cosas para una clase, y por accidente di click a una publicidad para descargar la app de savefrom.net. El problema es que cuando empecé a ver que se instalaba cancelé el proceso a medio camino justo cuando empezaba a instalar...
  3. Instalé savefrom.net helper por error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Instalé savefrom.net helper por error: Hola! Me encontraba descargando algunas cosas para una clase, y por accidente di click a una publicidad para descargar la app de savefrom.net. El problema es que cuando empecé a ver que se instalaba cancelé el proceso a medio camino justo cuando empezaba a instalar...
  4. Features on demand helper.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Features on demand helper.: I am getting a pop up window repeatedly for features on demand helper, i have clicked on both yes and no to try and stop this but it seems to do nothing and just keeps popping up....
  5. To helper

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    To helper: i can't verify my windows account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-helper/d84ea6d1-eef4-4a01-be2f-5c3417ed656c
  6. IP helper not starting

IP helper not starting: I can't get IP helper to start and I haven't managed to find out what causes this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-helper-not-starting/78a0dc17-c539-4bca-a52b-862e41afa1e8
  7. IP helper needs constant restarts to allow Xbox Connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    IP helper needs constant restarts to allow Xbox Connection: Trying to play Forza 4 with my friends and the only way to get online is if I open services and restart IPhelper, however this only works for a few seconds to a few hours. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? submitted by /u/Justindman1 [link] [comments]...
  8. Google update helper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google update helper: Noticed this on both my Works machines, assumed it was IT. Just started my PC and the same, in maintenance history: Windows successfully removed Google Update Helper. Anyone else seen this? Guess it's in Chrome now? 173710
  9. annoying "features on demand helper" jumps out constantly

annoying "features on demand helper" jumps out constantly: It jumps out constantly, neither type in account and password or click "No"? hope i can get any help here. Thanks in advance [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-features-on-demand-helper-jumps-out/0d6d8bcc-9dc1-405b-89f8-814361a9149c
  10. Product: Google Update Helper -- Error 1316. The specified account already exists.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Product: Google Update Helper -- Error 1316. The specified account already exists.: I saw this error in event viewer. How can I fix it? I installed Chrome and Brave Browser. Do they make conflict in my system? I have reinstalled Chrome and checked Windows but nothing happen!...