Windows 10: Constant high CPU usage when ide after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

Discus and support Constant high CPU usage when ide after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Due to Windows 7 no longer being supported I 'upgraded' my Acer Aspire 5377Z laptop to Windows 10. On completion of the upgrade I noticed that the Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nomadic Nomad, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Constant high CPU usage when ide after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

Due to Windows 7 no longer being supported I 'upgraded' my Acer Aspire 5377Z laptop to Windows 10. On completion of the upgrade I noticed that the Task Manager showed constant high CPU. When the PC settles down after power on the CPU usage remains above 50% with no programs running. Task Manager shows almost all of the usage is assigned to Service Host: Device Setup Manager.

The CPU was never this active when idle in Windows 7.

The laptop is fitted with 8GB RAM.

It is fully updated to Version 1909, Build 18363.657.

Help to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Nomadic Nomad, Feb 12, 2020

2. Constant CPU usage

*Original Title: Windows modular installer

I have a constant cpu usage on 25-100%. Even when the computer is doing nothing. The biggest sinner seems to be the windows modular installer. How can i fix this.

I have 2 computers with the same problem. One with win 8.1 and one with win 10.

Jesper_Dahl, Feb 12, 2020
  3. cpu usage high internet slow windows 7

Brevity can be a virtue but it can also be counter-productive.

• Which application demands excessive CPU resources?
    • What would you like to ask?

Frederik Long, Feb 12, 2020
  4. lse123 Win User

Constant high CPU usage when ide after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Constant high CPU usage when ide after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

1. Constant high CPU usage when ide after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Constant high CPU

2. High CPU usage at idle. Win 10 Pro and after I upgraded to Win 11 Pro, it continue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU usage at idle. Win 10 Pro and after I upgraded to Win 11 Pro, it continue: I have encountered a problem with Windows 10 Pro version and Windows 11 Pro. My laptop specifications are as follows : - ASUS TUF Gaming FX505GE - CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz - GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, Intel® UHD Graphics 630 - RAM: 16 Gb DDR4 RAM The...
  3. High CPU usage at idle. Win 10 Pro and after I upgraded to Win 11 Pro, it continue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU usage at idle. Win 10 Pro and after I upgraded to Win 11 Pro, it continue: I have encountered a problem with Windows 10 Pro version and Windows 11 Pro. My laptop specifications are as follows : - ASUS TUF Gaming FX505GE - CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz - GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, Intel® UHD Graphics 630 - RAM: 16 Gb DDR4 RAM The...
  4. High CPU usage at idle. Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage at idle. Win 10 Pro: I have encountered a problem with Windows 10 Pro version. My PC specifications are as follows :Intel i5-9400fPalit Geforce GTX 1060 6Gb16 Gb DDR4 RAM @ 3000MhzThe problem is that whenever I leave my PC to idle, after a few minutes, I hear the CPU fan spool up quite violently....
  5. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  6. Win 10 fresh installed high CPU usage.

Win 10 fresh installed high CPU usage.: Hey, I installed Win 10 fresh today and already got all my games and programs. Now when watching Twitch or nothing the CPU spikes all the time. 9bL6EBr.jpg 3840×1080 imgur.com w00FnOF.jpeg 3840×1080 imgur.com I dont know, maybe ur Edge is trash asf. And I think somehow...
  7. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  8. Constant high CPU usage when idle after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

Constant high CPU usage when idle after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Due to Windows 7 no longer being supported I 'upgraded' my Acer Aspire 5377Z laptop to Windows 10. On completion of the upgrade I noticed that the Task Manager showed constant high CPU. When the PC settles down after power on the CPU usage remains above 50% with no programs...
  9. Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10: The question is about performing a system restore after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7. If one: Upgrades to Windows 10 THEN performs a system restore ... will the system restore with Windows 10 or will it revert back to an earlier version, in this case Win 7? If it...
  10. BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10

BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10: I have a pc I built myself that's been running on windows 7 without any issues whatsoever. I've left this pc on for a week at a time without a bluescreen or even shutdowns. Ever since I've upgraded to windows 10, I've been getting store exception errors every day or two....