Windows 10: Constant issues trying to activate Windows Pro

Discus and support Constant issues trying to activate Windows Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a very complicated issue involving trying to activate my windows pro, followed with a new problem every step of the way. Let me give you a list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MariaMohl, Oct 3, 2019.

1. MariaMohl Win User

Constant issues trying to activate Windows Pro

I have a very complicated issue involving trying to activate my windows pro, followed with a new problem every step of the way. Let me give you a list of the timeline of these issues.

1. In April, I upgraded my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. No product key, it was a digital install. No problem.

2. A month ago, my computer got infected with some nasty malware, resulting in being unable to reach desktop. Recovery disk didn't work, reinstall didn't work. My solution was to take another windows 10 copy install disk and install a brand new copy of windows. Activation did not have a product key, it was automatic.

3. Computer was now running again, except now my win pro upgrade just got downgraded to win home.

4. Contacted windows support. After going through several different technicians who didn't seem to understand my problem, I got someone who helped my by activating Pro through the Windows store. I did not do this because I was afraid I would be charged for another license of pro. He assured me that it would see my win pro license on record and not charge me. I successfully upgraded my win 10 home to win 10 pro.

5. That same day, I received an email of a receipt for my win 10 pro purchase, after I was assured I wouldn't be charged.

6. I called up Microsoft again, this time the billing department, and asked for a refund for the charge of a second copy of win pro. After explaining the problems up till then, they obliged. I got my $100 back.

7. Today, I started my computer up, and saw a "Activate Windows" notification in the bottom right! In settings, it said my copy of windows is not activated.

8. I ran the trouble shooter, and it said 'We found a Windows 10 Pro N license for this device running Windows 10 Pro". Gives me a generic link to 'Using the activation troubleshooter'. Nothing there useful. (By the way, why is it win 10 N? I am not in Europe, I am in U.S.)

**Yes I have been logged in through the admin account with my Microsoft email that I used purchasing win 10 pro throughout the entire process.

** I do have the case # from where I had upgraded from home to pro by purchasing a new key, and the reference # when I got the second license refunded.

Seriously considering cutting my losses and chucking this pc and getting a new one.

:)

MariaMohl, Oct 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 Activation Error: 0xC004F034

Hi Greg,

This error code is usually caused by a problem with the product key. For better assistance, we would like to clarify how you got the Windows 10 Pro? Is it supplied by a company?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter and try activating Windows 10 Pro again. To run the Activation troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Select Activation in the left pane of the window.
    • Click Troubleshoot.

If your Windows 10 Pro is supplied by a company, we recommend that you get in touch with your organization's support for assistance with the activation.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Oct 3, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    Win 10 Pro OEM activation issue

Hello Larry,

Significant hardware changes such as replacing your hard drive or motherboard may lead to issues in activating Windows 10. To better assist you and provide you with the appropriate resolution, we would like to know a few more information. Kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Did Windows 10 Pro came pre-installed with your computer?
    • Do you have the Windows 10 Pro installation disc available?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to key in your activation code?
    • Were there any significant hard ware changes done on your computer?
    • What were the exact troubleshooting steps you and the MS support teams have tried?

As an initial recommendation, you may check on this article and follow the steps provided to run the Activation troubleshooter:
    Using the Activation troubleshooter.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Constant issues trying to activate Windows Pro

Trying to activate Window's 10 Pro and receiving error 0xc004c008

Hello Marvin,

I suggest that your perform phone activation and see if this will help you in resolving the error. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click Run.
    • Type slui.exe 4, and the press the Enter key.
    • Select your Country from the list.
    • Choose the Phone Activation option.
    • Stay on the phone and wait for a person to help you with activation.
    • Explain your problem clearly to the support person.

Inform us if there were significant changes.

Antoneth Ber, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Constant issues trying to activate Windows Pro

1. Constant issues trying to activate Windows Pro - Similar Threads - Constant issues trying

2. TRY TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TRY TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS 11 pro: HAI I TRY TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS 11 pro BUT IT SHOWS THE LICENCE KEY IS INVALID AND SHOWS THE ERROR 0*803Fa067. BUT I AM HAVING THE GENUINE KEY . PLEASE TRY TO HELP THIS ISSUE....
  3. TRY TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TRY TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS 11 pro: HAI I TRY TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS 11 pro BUT IT SHOWS THE LICENCE KEY IS INVALID AND SHOWS THE ERROR 0*803Fa067. BUT I AM HAVING THE GENUINE KEY . PLEASE TRY TO HELP THIS ISSUE....
  4. issue trying to activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    issue trying to activate windows: Long time ago i bought a physical retail copy of windows 8.1 and upgraded it to windows 10. I have already moved this license from my first laptop to my second laptop with no issues. That laptop later had a hardware issue dead mobo and again i reactivated with no problems....
  5. issue trying to activate windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    issue trying to activate windows: Long time ago i bought a physical retail copy of windows 8.1 and upgraded it to windows 10. I have already moved this license from my first laptop to my second laptop with no issues. That laptop later had a hardware issue dead mobo and again i reactivated with no problems....
  6. issue trying to activate windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Issues activating Windows 10 Pro

Issues activating Windows 10 Pro: I recently purchased Windows 10 Pro, and am trying to activate it, but I am getting an error that says "We can't activate Windows on this device as the previous version of Windows was not activated prior to upgrading to Windows 10. Go to the store to buy genuine Windows....
  8. Windows Pro Activation Issues

Windows Pro Activation Issues: I purchased Microsoft Pro from the Microsoft store yesterday so I will be able to have remote desktop capabilities. Everything was downloaded and installed yesterday, and it worked great. Today, my laptop says I have not activated windows, and since I purchased online...
  9. Windows Pro activation issues

Windows Pro activation issues: Hi, I recently bought a second hand laptop that had windows 10 pro installed. I had no issues until a few days ago when I started getting notifications that my license was about to expire ( no date displayed though). I checked my activation status, and it said that windows...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Activation Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Activation Issue: I purchased and activated Windows 10 Pro in January and still have the key. My computer says there is an activation issue but still seems to be working. I tried entering the key again but it says that it is not valid....