Windows 10: Constant Issues with DNS, Must reboot the OS to get it working!

Discus and support Constant Issues with DNS, Must reboot the OS to get it working! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am dealing with annoying issue, due to the nature of my work I am running the computer for long-period of time, now every now and then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ibrahim S., May 3, 2020.

1. Constant Issues with DNS, Must reboot the OS to get it working!

Hello,

I am dealing with annoying issue, due to the nature of my work I am running the computer for long-period of time, now every now and then the browserspecifically "chrome, firefox etc..." it stops loading anything, meaning it keeps resolving non-stop; it might load the site eventually, although it takes ages what makes it even more odd is that IE aka Internet Explorer/Edge working as normal if not better; any clue what could be the cause of this issue?

Attached a report from MiniToolBox: https://justpaste.it/64j28

:)

Ibrahim S., May 3, 2020

2. Constant DNS Server Issues

Hello,

The solution you supplied about renewing my DNS along with other things in command prompt fixed my issue. I believe you edited that out of your response for whatever reason. I guess I wasn't doing all the things you listed and it turned out to work. I haven't
    lost connection to my DNS for the past 3 days.

Just one more question. What could have caused this problem to start happening? I never manually changed anything with my DNS server information before this started to occur.

Anders3308, May 3, 2020
  3. DNS Servers

So far, it seems like I got it fixed. I disabled Advanced DNS Service and DNS Relay. I put in the two DNS server IPs I listed above into the internet configuration and rebooted it.

FordGT90Concept, May 3, 2020
  4. Constant Issues with DNS, Must reboot the OS to get it working!

DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Constant Issues with DNS, Must reboot the OS to get it working!

1. Constant Issues with DNS, Must reboot the OS to get it working! - Similar Threads - Constant Issues DNS

2. Issues with DNS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with DNS: Basicly i've tried resetting my dns settings by following this guide but it wont change I did every way that they shown and it didn't fix itself, it carries over from network to network and is an issue because I cant login to my school's wifi.here's the logs from Windows...
  3. Issues with DNS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with DNS: Basicly i've tried resetting my dns settings by following this guide but it wont change I did every way that they shown and it didn't fix itself, it carries over from network to network and is an issue because I cant login to my school's wifi.here's the logs from Windows...
  4. DNS issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS issue: Hi all, This is an error message when a user wants to drag a pdf or other word file and import it into Dynamics Bsiness Central. There is a Dropbox feature in this application where a user can drag and drop files. When importing, the user gets an error message. This happens...
  5. DNS issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS issue: Hi all, This is an error message when a user wants to drag a pdf or other word file and import it into Dynamics Bsiness Central. There is a Dropbox feature in this application where a user can drag and drop files. When importing, the user gets an error message. This happens...
  6. Powershell Get-AppxPackage DNS issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell Get-AppxPackage DNS issues: Hello My cousin had some issues with Game Pass and found around internet that he could try to type below command in powershell: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml”} After doing this...
  7. DNS Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS Issues: lost of internet connection due to DNS issues, how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-issues/6689bee1-7d92-49a6-91ea-710d8111c2b3
  8. constant dns error

constant dns error: I have a brand new HP computer, it is windows 10 with EDGE.. I am having issues with getting connected to some websites, it says page needs to refresh or is giving me a DNS error code, I am currently overseas, and oddly have not had issues connecting to my bank or other...
  9. DNS issue?

DNS issue?: I have a new Win 10 Pro laptop for a user. It is in the domain now. I do an ipconfig /all and it shows me it's ip address. From another machine, I can ping it by it's ip address. I can not ping it by name ; it is timing out. If I do an nslookup on the ip address, it shows me...
  10. DNS Issue

in Browsers and Email
    DNS Issue: Hello, Could use some help with this error message. It started after the Cumulative Update Build 15063.138 (KB4015583) install today. This only happens with Edge. IE, FF etc work fine. I've flushed the DNS cache etc. Still no joy. What's online for fixes are confusing and...