Windows 10: Constant loud crackling/beeping when playing media in browser

Discus and support Constant loud crackling/beeping when playing media in browser in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have spent multiple days on this now and I am at a loss of what to do. It started with sharp loud crackling/beeps when listening to audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cal Y, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Cal Y Win User

Constant loud crackling/beeping when playing media in browser

Hi,

I have spent multiple days on this now and I am at a loss of what to do. It started with sharp loud crackling/beeps when listening to audio through platforms such as Twitch, Reddit, Twitter and the occasional YouTube video. I have since noticed imperfections in multiple images while browsing.

These problems exist in Edge and Chrome, and I have also tried FireFox, which instead just keeps crashing tabs on me.

List of things that are broken:

Audio in browser plays constant loud crackling/beeps

• YouTube sound has no issues when it is using Opus codec on both Edge and Chrome.
    • Videos on Reddit and Twitter also play these sharp sounds
    • Certain videos on YouTube play these sharp sounds
    • Videos that are stored locally on my machine do not play these sharp sounds.

Unable to access device manager due to administrator locking me out from accessing mcc.exe I have verified I am on an administrator account, I am also the only account on the machine

Windows Update produces error 0x80080005 when looking for new updates

Manually downloading the latest windows update from Microsoft will complete the download, and undo changes after it restarts my machine.

Booting into my dual-boot Ubuntu 18.04 on a separate disk drive also had the same issues.

What I have tried:

Running powershell in administrator with the following commands:

• sfc /scannow Please forgive the phone camera picture, Snip & Sketch crashed my computer when I tried to take a snapshot.

Constant loud crackling/beeping when playing media in browser a8ad5b90-3ce3-4b9c-80cd-469726ee937c?upload=true.jpg

• Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth

Constant loud crackling/beeping when playing media in browser f7adb363-e277-453a-84e2-20d2b4f8e91a?upload=true.jpg

I have also removed all extra components such as my GPU, other hard drives other than the OS, installing a clean version of windows, formatting my drive completely. I have tried multiple times to install windows through USB but my machine always fails at installing windows. I had to have someone else install windows onto my drive through USB on their machine, and then I put the drive back into my machine in order to access a functioning windows OS.

Examples of Audio/Image imperfections. Be warned the audio in the video is loud, I suggest turning your volume very low.

Picture imperfections:

Constant loud crackling/beeping when playing media in browser 22fcce9f-9ef8-4655-972e-e2bfd4ac322a?upload=true.jpg

Loud Audio Crackling/Beeping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oqZTla56Cc&feature=youtu.be

Any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure if it's a codec problem, a windows problem, or a hardware problem.

Thanks

Cal

:)

Cal Y, Oct 3, 2020
  2. thanksm8 Win User

Loud beep when high volume on windows 10

Hello,

First of all thanks for taking the time to read this. I have quite a big problem with a computer.

Whenever the volume is around 40% a loud constant beep can be heard, if I increase the volume the beep gets louder and louder.

It's not a problem with the speakers, I can have the windows volume low and turn up the speakers all the way and theres not a beep at all.

I hope this is enough information, any help would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks!

thanksm8, Oct 3, 2020
  3. E71 Speaker Crackles

Hey fellas. Just a quick question.

I wanted to see if some of you guys are having this issue as well. When I hold down the directional pad it makes the beeping sound repetitively. But after a second or two, the beep starts to crackle at the end of each beep. After holding it down again the crackle
    would go away. When you hold it down long enough, the problem would repeat itself.

playing music at maximum volume is fine, no crackling there.

Is this a known issue? I couldn't find it anywhere.

chinmi---01, Oct 3, 2020
  4. AronLahti Win User

Additional very loud dialup beep

When making a call, some of the times the regular beep/buzz on the other end is accompanied by a very loud extra beep. I have no idea why this other beep turns up, but it's very annoying since I have to pull the phone away from my ear or take the headphones
    off until the person I'm calling answers. In some cases, the extra beep has caused the phone to go into loudspeaker mode, thus beeping *extremely* loud.

This happens irregularly, but very often. I'm using a HTC Radar with a Halebop subscription in Sweden.

AronLahti, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Constant loud crackling/beeping when playing media in browser - Similar Threads - Constant loud crackling

2. Loud short continuous loud beep please help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loud short continuous loud beep please help me: My gaming laptop is working fine but after being on it for a while it starts to make loud short continuous beeps. I don't know what it is or why or how to fix it. This has only started on the 17th April 2024....
  3. PLEASE HELP-LOUD BEEPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE HELP-LOUD BEEPS: When my computer starts up it makes one extremely loud beep, even though the volume is muted. Then, randomly while it's on, it will make 2 extremely short beeps. I ran diagnostics and updates, and everything came out perfect. The only thing I have noticed acting off with my...
  4. PLEASE HELP-LOUD BEEPS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PLEASE HELP-LOUD BEEPS: When my computer starts up it makes one extremely loud beep, even though the volume is muted. Then, randomly while it's on, it will make 2 extremely short beeps. I ran diagnostics and updates, and everything came out perfect. The only thing I have noticed acting off with my...
  5. constant beeping whenever sound is played at all on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    constant beeping whenever sound is played at all on pc: I have gone through at least 30 forums for the past 4 hours trying to fix this there is a constant beeping coming from my SYSTEM no audio devices just my system it starts even when im just starting to boot ive tried dsim ive tried every little audio trick thats been on these...
  6. constant beeping whenever sound is played at all on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    constant beeping whenever sound is played at all on pc: I have gone through at least 30 forums for the past 4 hours trying to fix this there is a constant beeping coming from my SYSTEM no audio devices just my system it starts even when im just starting to boot ive tried dsim ive tried every little audio trick thats been on these...
  7. Crackling sound when playing music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crackling sound when playing music: I heard crackling sound when playing music on Chrome, Edge browser, even I plugged in headphone I still heard that sound. Except playing music on local disk, I didn't hear that. By the same time, my laptop has worked slower than before since the issue appeared. I tried...
  8. Loud Constant Beep When Sound Changes

Loud Constant Beep When Sound Changes: I get a loud, constant beep when I turn the sound on from my laptop. The sound only goes off only if I turn off the laptop or put in sleep mode. The beep still goes off even when I mute the speakers or adjust the volume. The sound works because I can hear the music or sounds...
  9. My computer is constantly making a loud constant beep sound.

My computer is constantly making a loud constant beep sound.: My compter, a HP Windows 10, is making a contant beeping sound that doesnt stop unless I unplug it. I lost my computer charger in a move and tried using my Chromebook charger, but when turned on, the computer made the loud, ear-piercing beeping noise. What should I do? How...
  10. constant beeping

in Windows 10 Customization
    constant beeping: Windows 10 is working fine EXCEPT I constantly am getting beeps "Bi da bi" it's driving me crazy and I have to turn off my speakers. What gives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-beeping/2f5d1e03-0da3-4844-a215-b5f80d67e53d