Windows 10: Constant network activity data being sent at 8-16 Kbps, what is it?!

Discus and support Constant network activity data being sent at 8-16 Kbps, what is it?! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't know if this is normal behaviour. Normally from my observation it usually stays at 0 Kbps for both Send and Receive. [img] Yet for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BLaZiNgSPEED, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Constant network activity data being sent at 8-16 Kbps, what is it?!

I don't know if this is normal behaviour. Normally from my observation it usually stays at 0 Kbps for both Send and Receive.

Constant network activity data being sent at 8-16 Kbps, what is it?! [​IMG]

Yet for some reason I'm seeing this strange behaviour, I believe ever since launching Calculator app, but maybe this has nothing to do with this. I uninstalled it for the benefit of the doubt.

There are no Windows Store apps running in the background. Yet, I've suddenly started noticing the Ethernet in Task Manager sending every few seconds 8-16 Kbps of data.

Yet, if I actually go to the Processes tab this will show 0% network activity and 0 Mbps for all of the background processes.

Am I being paranoid or is this normal behaviour? If this is not, can someone explain what is behind this network activity of 8-16 Kbps worth of data being sent every few seconds???*Confused

:)

BLaZiNgSPEED, Aug 20, 2019

2. network

These are the supported bands for the Lumia 640:

Cellular connectivity
    • GSM network: 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz
    • GSM max data speed DL: EGPRS 296.0 kbps
    • GSM max data speed UL: EGPRS 236.8 kbps
    • WCDMA network: Band 5 (850 MHz), Band 8 (900 MHz), Band 1 (2100 MHz), Band 2 (1900 MHz)
    • WCDMA max data speed DL: 42.2 Mbps (Cat 24)
    • WCDMA max data speed UL: 5.76 Mbps (Cat 6)

You will have to ask your cellular provider what bands their 4G network supports

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 20, 2019
  3. bkconn Win User
    Constant BSOD even after fresh install

Step 16. Restore Point has been turned on and created for drive C:

Step 17. I do not have Ccleaner installed

Step 18. Speedfan

bkconn, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Constant network activity data being sent at 8-16 Kbps, what is it?!

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Constant network activity data being sent at 8-16 Kbps, what is it?!

1. Constant network activity data being sent at 8-16 Kbps, what is it?! - Similar Threads - Constant network activity

2. Timeline and Activity History – What is being uploaded / sent?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Timeline and Activity History – What is being uploaded / sent?: Dear all When I Windows + Tab I can see my Timeline and many files I have opened1.The items / activities on the Timeline are the same as Activity History? If I send my Activity History to Microsoft2.Do I send any of the files I have used / opened? Thanks in advance for...
  3. Constant Network/Data/Bandwidth Usage of 8-16kpbs

Constant Network/Data/Bandwidth Usage of 8-16kpbs: I did a clean install and a file called "system" in the task manager is using my data connection. Here is a photo :Here Its properties and file location : Can someone tell me what is going on?...
  4. Block Activity being sent to Microsoft Servers

Block Activity being sent to Microsoft Servers: Hello, I recently was going through my Microsoft Account and saw that it has history of all the apps/programs I've used. I've unticked this option in settings but yet my data is still sent to my Microsoft account. I do not want this activity saved to my account. How can...
  5. Certain programs and files are constantly being sent into the recycle bin, is it a bug or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain programs and files are constantly being sent into the recycle bin, is it a bug or...: I don't know whats happening but when I went back to my laptop which was still on, mega, whatsapp and Hearts of Iron 4 were in the recycle bin along with their files, when I put them back, they kept being sent to the recycle bin. I shut my laptop down and open it again just...
  6. Email being sent to spam

Email being sent to spam: Can anyone help me understand why all the sudden good emails inbound and outbound are being sent to the spam folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-being-sent-to-spam/010aa0ba-cf12-4770-964a-e22b5a886cd1
  7. mep.exe Error and Fax data being sent and received during shutdown.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    mep.exe Error and Fax data being sent and received during shutdown.: [ATTACH] During shutdown, the process might be interrupted by an error message that reads: mep.exe - Application Error The instruction at 0x00000000773FE478 referenced memory at 0x000000000020006E. The memory could not be read. Click OK to teminate the program. I can't...
  8. Sent emails are not being received

in Browsers and Email
    Sent emails are not being received: I'm new to the forum and am looking for any help regarding an issue that started a few days ago. I am able to receive email messages, but when I send anything, it is only reflected in my sent file, but never reaches any recipients. I use a local email service, GVTC webmail,...
  9. How to stop Family activity reporting being sent to child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to stop Family activity reporting being sent to child: Dear Community I have set up a PC for my child, running Windows 10. We are both receiving emails reporting her activity. How do I get these reports sent to me and not to my child? many thanks SW...
  10. Constant Network Activity with No Processes Using Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Constant Network Activity with No Processes Using Network: Hi! Just noticed this problem about a week and a half ago, but assumed it was probably just Windows force-downloading the update that dropped today. But I've installed the update now and I'm still constantly receiving 88-100 Kbps down. Resource monitor shows no processes...