Windows 10: constant/ numerous crashes

Discus and support constant/ numerous crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Like so many others I have crashing issues. Crashes under many circumstances. While watching video, looking at a web page, etc. These are what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LarryProbert, Feb 12, 2016.

1. constant/ numerous crashes

Hello, Like so many others I have crashing issues. Crashes under many circumstances. While watching video, looking at a web page, etc. These are what I am getting all the time, 4 and 5 crashes a day:

System Service Exception (Win32)
    K-mode exception not handled
    Reference by pointer
    Bad Pool header
    Driver IRQL not Less or Equal
    Memory management
    Page fault in non page area
    Critical process died
    System thread exception not handled
    DPC Watchdog Violation

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme 975
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK P6X58-E-WS
    Corsair: DDR3 Triple Channel/6 GB/ NB Frequency 2672.5 Mhz
    Graphics: NVIDEA GeForce GTX 770

I hope I do this correctly. Hope it's the correct file that I have attached. I have a SFDebugFiles folder on my desktop which is empty, and a folder named DesktopKMC5SFR-THU_0_2_11_2016_13 4850_74 which I have attached. Hope this helps. Thx.

:)

LarryProbert, Feb 12, 2016
  2. segood Win User

keep getting the error message hauppaugetserver.exe has recently crashed......and cannot find way to fix it....

its a constant crash....dont know what to do.

segood, Feb 12, 2016
  3. trah---01 Win User
    Nokia N70

I forgot to mention that the time it takes to crash is not constant. Sometimes I would remain online chattin for several mins before it crashes. Other times it crashes within a few mins.

trah---01, Feb 12, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

constant/ numerous crashes

Some of the error codes you mention are memory related, please test your memory.

constant/ numerous crashes [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

5. Thank you for your reply. I tested my memory with Windows Memory Tester with one pass which passed and then did 10 passes with Memtest86 for 12 hours with 0 errors. Not sure what a PM is to send. I was going to attach another dump file but do not see where to add the attachment.

LarryProbert, Feb 14, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    MemTest86 or MemTets86+?
    MemTest86+ is the recommended test.

7. Will run Tonight. Thanks.

LarryProbert, Feb 15, 2016
  8. constant/ numerous crashes

Tried for 3 hours and nothing I do will run MemTest86+. MemTest86 ran fine. Keeps bypassing the usb and tells me no operating system and looks for bootable medium in cd player. The usb has: boot file, copying file, mt86plus file, Readme doc and syslinux.cfg file. Don't know what to do at this point. Followed all the instructions to no avail. Any suggestion? Thx, again.

LarryProbert, Feb 15, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    If fast startup is enabled, disable it.
    If that doesn't help, use legacy boot mode if that is present in the BIOS.

10. I had quick boot which I disabled and the only legacy anything I could find was for usb and and that didn't help either. Put everything back and still no use. I may try for a second time a reinstall Win 10 and if that doesn't correct this os, then I will go back to win 7. This os is not worth it. I thank you for your time and effort. At the moment I am trying to get an answer form the Memtest forums on this issue. Will let you know more as it develops. Of coarse it you have any more options I am ready to listen. Thanks again, LP.

LarryProbert, Feb 16, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Could you tell me if you can boot from this USB when something else is on it, like Windows installation or Windows recovery or something?

12. Thanks for waiting for my reply; been busy. I tried my usb again by reinstalling MemTest86 but won't take. Says it's full but it is empty after a format, so I will get another usb today and I will keep you posted. Thanks again.

LarryProbert, Feb 19, 2016
  13. constant/ numerous crashes

Sorry again for the wait. I finally got MemTest86+ to run. Showed 1 error. Next I needed to find which stick was bad. Tested all 3 sticks in slot #0. After the first one ran OK, I assumed the slot was OK, so I ran the other two sticks and found one with the errors. Nest I ran the test again with the two good ones and had no errors. So now I will wait a week and if no more crashes I will mark this as solved. Thank you for directing me to new horizons. Also do you think this will correct all the different reasons for the crashes? Thanks again.

LarryProbert, Feb 22, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Most likely it will, most of the crashes are memory related.
    If it doesn't just let me know and we'll go from there *Smile

Thema:

constant/ numerous crashes

1. constant/ numerous crashes - Similar Threads - constant numerous crashes

2. Game crash numerous times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game crash numerous times: Sfc = no errorsChkdsk = no errorsAll drivers, windows all updated.Memtest ram = 10hours no errorsSpecs : 13900k CPU 4080 GPU 32gb ram z690 moboH150 elite CPU cooler 12 total fans. All temps good CPU 60 in-game gpu 40 in-gameI crash playing the division 2 numerous...
  3. Game crash numerous times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crash numerous times: Sfc = no errorsChkdsk = no errorsAll drivers, windows all updated.Memtest ram = 10hours no errorsSpecs : 13900k CPU 4080 GPU 32gb ram z690 moboH150 elite CPU cooler 12 total fans. All temps good CPU 60 in-game gpu 40 in-gameI crash playing the division 2 numerous...
  4. Help resolving numerous application crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help resolving numerous application crashes: Windows 11 numerous Steam games have failed in the past month. Windows has crashed.This is the most recent application crash after updating BIOS, AMD Driver.The computer was mostly idle and when I came back I saw the error.What additional information is needed? I have 6 files...
  5. Help resolving numerous application crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help resolving numerous application crashes: Windows 11 numerous Steam games have failed in the past month. Windows has crashed.This is the most recent application crash after updating BIOS, AMD Driver.The computer was mostly idle and when I came back I saw the error.What additional information is needed? I have 6 files...
  6. Constant Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Crashes: Hello, ive had a problem with my Laptop for a while now where the display freezes or bluescreens, then the audio repeats the last sound bit that was processed before the screen froze or bluescreened very loud, and after a few seconds, it restarts Ive also had frequent cases...
  7. ntoskrnl.exe+1c2990 numerous crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ntoskrnl.exe+1c2990 numerous crashes: I've previously posted here but my previous post appears dead despite the advisor being active in other threads. So, here's my latest minidump in the hope of someone looking at it. The crash driver IRQL not less or equal occurred while I was away from the computer and took...
  8. Constant Crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant Crashing: I am ... somewhat... new to Windows 10. About 3 months ago I bought a new motherboard, processor, system SSD, and RAM (basically, a whole new PC). Since I couldn't find my license key for the Win 7 install on my old machine, and couldn't buy a new Win 7 license, I was forced...
  9. BSOD - Numerous crashes, suspect BitDefender

BSOD - Numerous crashes, suspect BitDefender: Hello all, I hope you can help me a bit. I'm sort of a power user myself, but I have never understood much in the way of BSOD debugging besides which driver the system says caused it. I have had 13 BSODs since 11 March and I'm not sure what started going wrong. I changed...
  10. Numerous BSOD crashes

Numerous BSOD crashes: Hi, I have been getting these BSOD crashes for sometime now and it has gotten to the point where it is really irritating. When I first installed Windows 10, it was an upgrade from Windows 7 pro. After getting the BSODs, I wiped my hard drive and installed 10 clean. It was...