Windows 10: Constant OneDrive Retrieval Error

Discus and support Constant OneDrive Retrieval Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am not sure of when this started to occur, but it is constant and annoying and a huge letdown for MS considering they bake OneDrive into Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dubstir, Jan 12, 2019.

1. dubstir Win User

Constant OneDrive Retrieval Error

I am not sure of when this started to occur, but it is constant and annoying and a huge letdown for MS considering they bake OneDrive into Windows 10. I have wiped my device many times in an attempt to troubleshoot this error with no luck. Searching the web also provides zero insight. So... what is the issue with the Windows 10 1809 OneDrive client and the 0x80070184 error? Nothing is EVER available to download.

Constant OneDrive Retrieval Error b3938519-0d2f-45b5-a4e5-78874e0c0bd8?upload=true.png

:)

dubstir, Jan 12, 2019
  2. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Constant OneDrive Retrieval Error

OneDrive couldn't be installed error 0x800704C7

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Did you configured OneDrive on your system?
    • What are the other application are you trying to install?
    • Did you uninstall OneDrive? If yes, please elaborate the steps.
    As you said you are trying to re-install OneDrive, I would like to inform you that you cannot uninstall/reinstall the OneDrive which come in-build with the Operating system. However, you have to configure your email account to access OneDrive.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I suggest you to unregister and re-register the Windows installer and check if this helps.

• Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK.
      Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK.
      Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Let us know the result for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Constant OneDrive Retrieval Error

1. Constant OneDrive Retrieval Error - Similar Threads - Constant OneDrive Retrieval

2. OneDrive File and Folder Overlay Changes Constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive File and Folder Overlay Changes Constantly: We have an AVD Windows 10 environment. Within my environment OneDrive is constantly refreshing the icon overlays. The files will go from No icon, Green Check, gray X, Sharing icon, Blue Cloud, Short Cut. Sometime this refreshing of the icons happens once but then other times...
  3. OneDrive File and Folder Overlay Changes Constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive File and Folder Overlay Changes Constantly: We have an AVD Windows 10 environment. Within my environment OneDrive is constantly refreshing the icon overlays. The files will go from No icon, Green Check, gray X, Sharing icon, Blue Cloud, Short Cut. Sometime this refreshing of the icons happens once but then other times...
  4. Bitlocker key retrieval error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key retrieval error: My drive is locked with bitlocker and when I go to my Microsoft account for the key, it flashes on the correct screen, but goes to an error screen before it loads. The error screen says "Something happened. Wait a bit then try again." It's been over 12 hours and i would...
  5. Bitlocker key retrieval error

Bitlocker key retrieval error: My drive is locked with bitlocker and when I go to my Microsoft account for the key, it flashes on the correct screen, but goes to an error screen before it loads. The error screen says "Something happened. Wait a bit then try again." It's been over 12 hours and i would...
  6. Onedrive constantly disappears on File Explorer and OneDrive show a error message sometime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive constantly disappears on File Explorer and OneDrive show a error message sometime: After the update KB5016616 and kb5012170 on Windows 10 21H2 Onedrive constantly disappears on File Explorer and OneDrive show a error message sometime. This bug appear on several computer. I tried a OneDrive reset C:\Program Files\Microsoft OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset. It...
  7. Onedrive constantly disappears on File Explorer and OneDrive show a error message sometime

Onedrive constantly disappears on File Explorer and OneDrive show a error message sometime: After the update KB5016616 and kb5012170 on Windows 10 21H2 Onedrive constantly disappears on File Explorer and OneDrive show a error message sometime. This bug appear on several computer. I tried a OneDrive reset C:\Program Files\Microsoft OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset. It...
  8. Onedrive constantly disappears on File Explorer and OneDrive show a error message sometime

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Cannot retrieve OneDrive files after changing my username

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot retrieve OneDrive files after changing my username: Hi there,Because I needed to download some programs that have issues running if there is a space in my username.Hence, I went online and use the steps through administrator and have successfully changed my username from 'Juniper Fruit' to 'JuniperFruit'.At the last step, the...
  10. Retrieving OneDrive Back-up Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrieving OneDrive Back-up Files: I was using Microsoft Onedrive on my laptop to backup and sync certain folders and files. It was working okay. Then the hard drive crashed on the laptop so I can no longer boot up that device. I want to retrieve the backed-up data. If I go to the www.onedrive.live.com...