Windows 10: constant password changing

Discus and support constant password changing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I remove the need for a password from logging on to my computer. I keep being told that the password I changed a week ago is no longer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LornaHart, Oct 7, 2019.

1. LornaHart Win User

constant password changing

How can I remove the need for a password from logging on to my computer. I keep being told that the password I changed a week ago is no longer correct! Why do I have to keep changing it. It worries me as it makes me think someone has changed it without my knowledge. I am the only person using this laptop and I do not need a password at all. I happily used the same 4 digit number for ages until recently when I was forced to change it to a password. Please can someone explain what is going on? It is madness to me.

:)

LornaHart, Oct 7, 2019

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Oct 7, 2019
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 7, 2019
  4. constant password changing

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

constant password changing

1. constant password changing - Similar Threads - constant password changing

2. I constant need to change password when vere I change comuters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I constant need to change password when vere I change comuters: I am continuely forced to create a new password for my Microsoft account whenever I change to a different computer. I create a brand new password and then when I use a different computer and try to use office I get a message to sign into my Microsoft account. When I enter my...
  3. color constantly changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    color constantly changing: Every time i turn my pc off then back on it goes back to this sad black color instead of my vibrant pink. Sync is turned off completly, pick from background is turned off. Onedrive is not installed. The weirdest thing is that it re downloaded wallpaper engine and turned on...
  4. Password requested by Windows constantly

Password requested by Windows constantly: I have noticed this is an issue for others but no answers. I have spent a lot of money having computer wiped and reset up but the problem persists. What is causing the computer to keep requesting my password. This is not only outlook but other programs such as quicken. It...
  5. I'm constantly being asked to change an email password to an account that belonged to...

I'm constantly being asked to change an email password to an account that belonged to...: I am constantly getting asked to change a password to an account that is linked to my account or an individual account on my MS account. I have followed all the suggestions offered on MS help page as well as everything I could find online. It is not listed in my account...
  6. Password constant reset

Password constant reset: Answers I'm finding go back to 2015 and aren't working. EVERY morning when I turn my Windows 10 on, I'm told that my password is no go and I have to go through the process of resetting it. I also end up having to reset it for my mail Running Firefox and Thunderbird. This...
  7. password change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    password change: I decided to create an account for my son to use because he is four and uses my account and has erased a few items. I was trying to create a new user account for my son and my husband but while in the process I entered the wrong password then when I tried to reset with email...
  8. Change password

Change password: How do I change my computer signon password? I was hacked. <The thread has been moved to the correct category by forum moderator> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/change-password/2cc152cd-b37b-4469-8a38-87724e4f63db"
  9. Constant password changes forced every few days from Microsoft.com sit

Constant password changes forced every few days from Microsoft.com sit: Every 2 or 3 days when I try to log in my password fails and I have to get a new one then a few day later it fails again and I go through the same procedure of acquiring anew password. Is this happening globally or just on my account? I was thinking maybe Microsoft is doing...
  10. Change Password

Change Password: How do I change my password to login to win 10 at bootup 87232