Windows 10: Constant PC crashes and restarts

Discus and support Constant PC crashes and restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I seem to have narrowed it down to anytime I plug in and play with any gamepad on my pc it will crash anywhere with in 5 minutes to an hour, there are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaniBlue-[xboxvenue], Apr 23, 2021.

1. Constant PC crashes and restarts

I seem to have narrowed it down to anytime I plug in and play with any gamepad on my pc it will crash anywhere with in 5 minutes to an hour, there are 2 errors as well as an info event that pop up in the event viewer from this everytime.Info eventUMDF reflector is unable to connect to service control manager SCM. This is expected during boot, when SCM has not started yet. Will retry when it starts.Log Name: SystemSource: DriverFrameworks-UserModEvent ID: 10118 Task Category: Startup of the UMDF reflectorLevel: InformationUser: SYSTEMComputer: DESKTOP-4P8LQQ3OpCode: Info- <Event xmlns

:)

DaniBlue-[xboxvenue], Apr 23, 2021

2. Will constant restart harm pc

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Are you running a game and restarting your system?
    • What do you mean when you state "desktop gaming pc running windows 10 64 bit "?

I would like to inform that restarting your computer will not do any harm to your PC. But if there are any games or apps running in the background, I would suggest that you close all the running programs and then restart.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Chadi Win User
    Constant Crashing & Sleep Wake Issues

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363
    Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

First Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.
    Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Second Problem:constantly crashing, blue screen of death.

Last info from Diagnostic Data Viewer:

Antimalware Service Executable

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2001.10-0\MsMpEng.exe
    Creation Time: 3/14/2020 1:39:54 PM
    Problem: MpTelemetry

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: MpTelemetry
    Problem Signature 01: unspecified
    Problem Signature 02: HardeningTelemetry
    Problem Signature 03: HardeningTelemetryDisableAS
    Problem Signature 04: 4.18.2001.10
    Problem Signature 05: unspecified
    Problem Signature 06: unspecified
    Problem Signature 07: unspecified

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: fdb8de8b2cbae82736f81cfce42d2152 (1655104735544156498)

Constant PC crashes and restarts [​IMG]

Chadi, Apr 23, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

Constant PC crashes and restarts

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

Constant PC crashes and restarts

1. Constant PC crashes and restarts - Similar Threads - Constant crashes restarts

2. PC Constantly Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Constantly Crashing: Hi,Whenever I open FiveM my PC either Blue Screens or crashes.It either provides an error for NVidia GPU issue I've reinstalled multiple times, and just crashes the game.Then it BSoD's,Then it just reboots entirely,These are the 3 occurences that happen and here is the...
  3. PC Constantly Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Constantly Crashing: Hi,I recently put in a question which is linked below, I don't know if it was closed as a solution was proposed, although it didn't completely fix the problem only stopped it from occurring as...
  4. PC crashing constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing constantly: Hey,For some time now, my PC started crashing beacuse of nvlddmkm.sys , ntoskrnl.exe and dxgkrnl.sys. I've tried:- underclocking gpu,- reinstalling new gpu drivers,- checked whole computer for any viruses there is none- i used SFC /scannow and DISM command in CMD.- updated...
  5. Constant PC crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant PC crashes: Is anyone able to take a look at a dump file for me?I am finding that my PC is constantly crashing. This morning whilst playing D4 the whole PC crashed, It didn't BSOD instead it went pixelated then switched off. I have also noticed some issues with Chrome randomly crashing...
  6. Constant PC crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant PC crashes: Is anyone able to take a look at a dump file for me?I am finding that my PC is constantly crashing. This morning whilst playing D4 the whole PC crashed, It didn't BSOD instead it went pixelated then switched off. I have also noticed some issues with Chrome randomly crashing...
  7. PC constantly restarts

PC constantly restarts: Hi so I’ ve posted about this before, basically my computer keeps on randomly restarting, like if i had hit restart, suddenly turning off and loading the hit del to go to bios screen then windows without my actual pc turning off. I get this error in the event viewer A fatal...
  8. Pc restarts constantly

Pc restarts constantly: My PC constantly restarts the problem started when I did a command prompt diagnosis and attempt to solve problem of not being able to install windows updates but could update windows defender and other software and hardware I did a fresh installation but still same problem Do...
  9. constant pc crashes

constant pc crashes: About a month ago I fully upgraded my pc. I installed a 2070 rtx super, with a ryzen 5 3600 cpu, on an msi tomahawk B450 max mobo. I also installed more memory, 16g ram and 500g ssd. I'm under the impression that my pc is fairly beefy, but i cant play any game at medium...
  10. Computer is constantly crashing and restarting

Computer is constantly crashing and restarting: My computer was just fine and today I turn on my computer and a blue screen says "your pc ran into a problem. We'll restart for you. Error: system thread exception not handled" how do I fix this and get my computer back? Hoping someone can help. I don't even know how...