Windows 10: Constant random BSOD for the past few months with new Ryzen build

Discus and support Constant random BSOD for the past few months with new Ryzen build in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've rarely had BSOD in the past with my previous i7-3770k, now with my current 3800x build I get constant BSOD to the point that I cannot do anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Yiggah, Oct 17, 2020.

1. /u/Yiggah Win User

Constant random BSOD for the past few months with new Ryzen build

I've rarely had BSOD in the past with my previous i7-3770k, now with my current 3800x build I get constant BSOD to the point that I cannot do anything on my PC long without getting BSOD. I built this new machine since Jan. of 2020, it had one or two BSOD within the first few months but have gotten progressively worst to the point where I am getting BSOD 5-8 times a day, happens more when I'm gaming (Apex Legends) than using the computer regularly. I am unsure what to do, I haven't done a new windows installation as I've done a fair amount of research that people say it's usually hardware. I haven't changed any hardware since Jan. 2020 other than buying better RAM (new). I am also running on factory settings across the board. I haven't done a memory test yet as these are brand new RAM sticks purchased on 06/22/2020 from Newegg.

I heard BSOD are usually more hardware related and driver related than Windows related. All my drivers are up to date (Windows, GPU, etc.) except BIOs is not the latest as I've heard of XMP issues with the latest version. Also now, it's crashing so much, my computer upon every boot up, does a manual disk check of my C: drive. My CPU is stable around 50C idle and 60C underload, GPU is 50C idle and 70C under load. Nothing too crazy.

Please give me suggestions on where to start first, I think I'm going to do a memtest overnight today to ensure my RAM is good but if that fails, what else do you suggest?

Here are some of the errors I am getting with my BSOD:

• SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (most common one based on my photos)
    • KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    • DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Below are my specs:

• R7 3800X CPU
    • DeepCool Captain 360EX AIO
    • 4 x 8GB - G.SKILL 3600MHz 16CL F4-3600C16D-16GTZN (B-Die) RAM
    • Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master MOBO
    • Asus Strix 1080Ti (I've gone through 2 x 2080Ti FE, MSI Gaming X 1080Ti, and Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT as well) GPU
    • Seasonic PRIME GX-850 850W 80+ Gold PSU
    • 6 x Corsair SP120 Fans
    • 3 x Corsair HD120 Fans
    • CoolerMaster ELV8 GPU Bracket
    • AsiaHorse White PSU Extension Cabless
    • Lian Li PC O-11 Case
    submitted by /u/Yiggah
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Yiggah, Oct 17, 2020

2. Multiple BSOD on new Ryzen build

I also got a bunch of BSODs on my new Ryzen build:

*most frequent* MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

*second most frequent* IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I tried everything I could to troubleshoot. Turns out the culprits are not only Onedrive, but also Dropbox. Enabling either one will send my PC straight to BSOD at Windows startup. Do you think the windows update you mentioned also
    fixes dropbox?

Ichigomiruku, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Random BSOD For Last Month On RYZEN 2700X

Windows Version: 1909
    CPU: AMD RYZEN 2700X (Not overclocked)
    RAM: 24GB CORSAIR DDR4 (2133 MHz) (Not overclocked)
    Hi everyone,
    For the past month, my computer has been getting random Blue Screens Of Death, but with no obvious culprit that I can find. The error codes I'm receiving have ranged from MEMORY_MANAGEMENT to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and several others. Steps I've Taken:
    I am 99.9% sure that my CPU is not overheating, as I have "Ryzen Master" installed to monitor the temperatures and my 2700X is consistently between 37 - 48 degrees during everyday use.

I have "WhoCrashed" installed and with every BSOD with exception to MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, it points to "ntoskernal.exe" as the reason. Last night I ran both Windows built-in memory diagnostic tool and MEMTEST86, with both programs not reporting any errors, with MEMTEST86 running for nearly 7 hours.

I have also ran "Windows Verifier" to check every non-Microsoft driver on my PC and when it reboots, it automatically triggers a BSOD, but instead of saying the driver, the BSOD says "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION" and than goes into Automatic Repair, which is expected. If anyone has an idea of what could be wrong, please feel free to respond. Thanks!
    RYZEN_2700X_BSOD.zip

edmonddantes182, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Constant random BSOD for the past few months with new Ryzen build

Random BSOD and random small hangs Ryzen 3600 - Win10

Hello,

After I build an AMD Ryzen 3600 based PC, I have random crashes and very small hangings ("hickups").

I suggest it would be the memory but Memtest did not show any problem at all.

Just to be sure I bought other RAM moduls what are in the list of supported memories in the motherboard webpage.

I updated every driver, updated the BIOS for the latest.

I tried nearly anything what I can found in the net but the problem is still exist.

Usually this problem occure when I playing games or watching movies.

BSOD are not frequent but when it is happening it said :

"IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL"

Here is the dump files and MSinfo file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=142L9Qx87KhEzcihzox0z6HmQpfOJHDQG

I have no idea what is the problem.

Tried BlueScreenview to analyze the dumps but it found nothing informative or relevant.

Tried WhoCrashed and it said "too.sys" - I can not even find this file or no searches found about it.

BalázsPuskás, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Constant random BSOD for the past few months with new Ryzen build

1. Constant random BSOD for the past few months with new Ryzen build - Similar Threads - Constant random BSOD

2. Random shutdowns on new Ryzen 5 build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shutdowns on new Ryzen 5 build: Random shutdowns several days apart on a recently built a windows 10 PC with a Gigabyte B450M DS3H mobo, Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6600, WD NVMe SN570 main ssd, cheap Inland 500GB SSD for games, old Toshiba 750GB 2.5" HDD for data, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200, PSU Corsair...
  3. Random shutdowns on new Ryzen 5 build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random shutdowns on new Ryzen 5 build: Random shutdowns several days apart on a recently built a windows 10 PC with a Gigabyte B450M DS3H mobo, Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6600, WD NVMe SN570 main ssd, cheap Inland 500GB SSD for games, old Toshiba 750GB 2.5" HDD for data, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200, PSU Corsair...
  4. Random shutdowns on new Ryzen 5 build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. constant BSODs for the past 3 months

constant BSODs for the past 3 months: Hello! I've been having random BSODs for the past 3 months, ever since I repasted my CPU and transferred it to a different case. I've changed my RAM three times, and my GPU once from AMD to Nvidia. I've had times where I would not experience a BSOD in a span of a few days...
  6. BSOD on new Ryzen build

BSOD on new Ryzen build: Hello. Build a new Ryzen 1700 16gb ram and i'm getting a bsod "memory management" once in a while. Never had a bsod playing a game only using Chrome, anyone can take a look? Here is the V2 Log Collector. DESKTOP-NLGRE9P-(2020-10-25_03-58-14).zip - Google Drive Thanks....
  7. Random BSOD For Last Month On RYZEN 2700X

Random BSOD For Last Month On RYZEN 2700X: Windows Version: 1909 CPU: AMD RYZEN 2700X (Not overclocked) RAM: 24GB CORSAIR DDR4 (2133 MHz) (Not overclocked) Hi everyone, For the past month, my computer has been getting random Blue Screens Of Death, but with no obvious culprit that I can find. The error codes I'm...
  8. Random BSODS on RYZEN 3 2200G new-builded PC

Random BSODS on RYZEN 3 2200G new-builded PC: Hello for everyone! I have AMD RYZEN 3 2200G BOX 8GBx1 DDR4 AMD 7 PERFORMANCE SERIES 2400 ASROCK A320M HDV LASTEST BIOS SSD WD GREEN 240GB Power supply FSP PNR 450W WIN 64 1803 with all updates I can not understand what the problem is. I have Randomly bsod with...
  9. Receiving frequent BSODs in the past few months

Receiving frequent BSODs in the past few months: Hello all. Since around the middle of October, I have suddenly been receiving BSODs, mostly DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, or IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have collected the necessary files and will upload them, with one caveat - I cleaned out the dump files a week or...
  10. Random BSOD for the past few days

Random BSOD for the past few days: For the past few days I been experiencing BOSD playing games and one time just watching youtube video. I did memtest86 the results were fine. This morning I did the driver verifier and got a BOSD right at windows logo screen. I attach the minidump files dated back from...