Windows 10: Constant Random Crashes Win 10

Discus and support Constant Random Crashes Win 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm getting constant crashes and BSOD's with a newly built system. Specs --- Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450-F ASUS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joe.BPG, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Joe.BPG Win User

Constant Random Crashes Win 10

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm getting constant crashes and BSOD's with a newly built system.

Specs
    ---
    Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450-F ASUS Rog Strix X570-F has also been tested with no success
    CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4 HyperX Fury DDR4 2x8GB has also been tested with no success

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, MEMORY MANAGEMENT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE are the errors I get generally but there have been others.

The crashes are random, nothing I do seems to reproduce it reliably. Programs can run fine for 1 hour then I'll get 5 crashes in 10 mins before I even get to the login screen. Some days I can't have anything running more than 10 minutes before it crashes. Before I get the BSOD, programs will start randomly closing. Explorer will also crash and re-load multiple times. Event viewer almost always says the faulting module is ntdll.dll. I have tried registering, repair and getting another copy of this file from another computer than has 0 issues with no success. Sometimes I will get a faulting module of cdp.dll.

I have reinstalled windows upward 20+ times now. I've used version 20H2, 2004 and 1909. All still crash.

I have installed windows and removed the ethernet cable to prevent any automatic updates and drivers installing. Still get crashes.

I have tried disabling windows update, windows store and windows defender to prevent their automatic updates. Still get crashes.

I've set my page file to system managed, manually and to none. Still get crashes.

I've tried installing all windows updates including addtional updates, all windows store updates, updated all drivers for peripherals from drivers downloaded from their website. No luck at all. Maybe there's some other drivers that aren't updating or aren't using a newer version that I'm unaware of? I'm not sure how to find this out.

The graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080. This worked fine on the previous board 2 weeks ago for years. I have swapped PCI slots with no success. Newest drivers have been installed with no success. Rolling back to previous versions of drivers spanning a time frame of 6 months has no success. Still constant crashes.

I've disconnected all HDD/SSD's apart from the one with Windows installed which has no other programs and checked with chkdsk - still crashes.

I checked to see if the RAM was faulty with both Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and MemTest86 - test on a single stick in different slots - no errors. I bought another set of RAM anyway just to be sure and tested those - no errors. I've tried using just one stick in different slots and I still get crashes.

I have stress tested the CPU - no issues.

I am monitoring the components to see if they are overheating. CPU never goes above 65 degrees unless I open a CPU intensive program. GPU never goes above 55 degrees unless i open a GPU intensive program. Nothing is overclocked. All BIOS settings are default.

BIOS has been updated to latest version. Chipset drivers have been installed to latest available.

sfc/scannow - found no erros
    DISM CheckHealth/ScanHealth/RestoreHealth - found no errors to fix

Please somebody help. I've tried everything I can think of. I'm guessing it's a driver issue but I don't know how to use dumps or Verifier to find out the faulting driver. WhoCrashed only keeps saying it's ntdll.dll but we know it's not that. Any other troubleshooting steps I can take?

Thank you.

:)

Joe.BPG, Oct 19, 2020

2. Frequent, random crashes

Frequent, random crashes in Win 10

MackenzieMiller, Oct 19, 2020
  3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Oct 19, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. Constant Random Crashes Win 10 - Similar Threads - Constant Random Crashes

2. Constant BSOD and Random Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD and Random Crashing: Hi,So, I've been experiencing some seriously frustrating issues with my computer recently, in terms of BSOD's and random crashing. It is inconsistent, and has no immediate issue that is noticeable, and I have performed a memory check, as well as a full disk scan and various...
  3. Constant BSOD and Random Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD and Random Crashing: Hi,So, I've been experiencing some seriously frustrating issues with my computer recently, in terms of BSOD's and random crashing. It is inconsistent, and has no immediate issue that is noticeable, and I have performed a memory check, as well as a full disk scan and various...
  4. Constant BSOD and Random Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Constant crashes Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant crashes Win 11: Hi all,My Windows has been crashing nonstop for the past couple of months.Here are the most recent minidumps: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BoKV-P4-sll0dGSdbng8xqZU0iFWeHxg?usp=sharingThe bugcheck is always different, but here is the latest...
  6. Constant crashes Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant crashes Win 11: Hi all,My Windows has been crashing nonstop for the past couple of months.Here are the most recent minidumps: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BoKV-P4-sll0dGSdbng8xqZU0iFWeHxg?usp=sharingThe bugcheck is always different, but here is the latest...
  7. Constant crashing on Win 10

Constant crashing on Win 10: I recently got a Win10 computer. Since I started using it, I've been getting BSODs at a rate of 2-3 per day. It's exhausting. I turned on the verifier and uploaded the dump files here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag13shfS4PUmfBVSJOWKYZb2zqM?e=GJAwXh If anyone can help, I'd be...
  8. Constant crashing randomly

Constant crashing randomly: My pc has constantly suffered from annoying crashes every now and then. It boots up normally but crashes at the most inconvenient times sometimes 4 times per day. [ATTACH] I've checked event viewer and reliability monitor for possible causes but can't properly understand...
  9. RANDOM BSOD and SteamVR constant crashes

RANDOM BSOD and SteamVR constant crashes: new system ryzen 5 3600 with aio cooler.....used gtx 1080ti....new oloy ddr4 3200 rgb ram 2x16gb....sabrent 2tb m.2 nvme....HP reverb g1 i can occasionally leave pc on all day without a single bsod...then sometimes can get random bsod without warning and more frequently on...
  10. shockwave crashes constantly win 10

in Browsers and Email
    shockwave crashes constantly win 10: any web site that has some scrolling crashs my schockwave is there some reason. I have re installed still problem. any help be appreciated 51639