Windows 10: Constant Random Freezing

Discus and support Constant Random Freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm looking for some help with this constant issue I've been having for the past month or so; all of a sudden my computer will either freeze... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Krunchy Kibbs, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Constant Random Freezing

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help with this constant issue I've been having for the past month or so; all of a sudden my computer will either freeze up or instantly shutdown due to driver errors with whatever headset I plug into any USB port (including 3.0 ports).

I've updated all my drivers (using Driver Easy to detect which are outdated as my windows install seems incapable of doing so), I've run memory checks, drive checks, system file checks and repairs and even bought a new headset.

Upon checking Windows Event Viewer, preceding every crash and freeze is both "DriverFramworks-Usermode" critical events (IDs 10110 and 10111) for reasons unknown to me and a Kernel-Power event (ID 41) when it shuts down or I have to force it off with the power button. I have tried re-installing windows but it has now progressed to freezing up randomly with/without a headset and I cannot see any critical error apart from ID 41 when I have to shut it down.

I'm starting to get extremely worried because I can't afford to replace components at present.

My setup is as follows:

CPU: AMD FX-9370 Eight-Core (4.40GHz)

RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB (Gigabyte)

Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3

PSU: Corsair Modular HX1000i

Mouse: Razer Naga Hex V2

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013

Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 and HyperX Cloud II

Please if anyone has any ideas or knowledge that would help fix this I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you,

Kibbs

:)

Krunchy Kibbs, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Constant Random Freezing

Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Constant Random Freezing

1. Constant Random Freezing - Similar Threads - Constant Random Freezing

2. Constant random freezing and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant random freezing and BSOD: I built this pc a bit over a year ago and within the last couple months I've been experiencing escalating crashing issues. Around 4-5 months ago the pc would seemingly randomly freeze during basic activity like browsing the web or sometimes while in games. It then got to the...
  3. Constant random freezing and BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant random freezing and BSOD: I built this pc a bit over a year ago and within the last couple months I've been experiencing escalating crashing issues. Around 4-5 months ago the pc would seemingly randomly freeze during basic activity like browsing the web or sometimes while in games. It then got to the...
  4. CONSTANT FREEZING AND RANDOM BLACKSCREEN. PLEASE HELP.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CONSTANT FREEZING AND RANDOM BLACKSCREEN. PLEASE HELP.: Hi, My laptop is running the latest Windows 10 and I am currently having issues where my laptop would freeze randomly and sometimes, with blackscreen as well. The laptop that I'm using is MSI GS63 Stealth Intel 8th i-7, Nvidia 1060. I've been trying every solution that I...
  5. Constant random short freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Constant random short freezes: Hello. So, a few days ago I installed the Xbox app in my PC. I then started noticing Windows would freeze for a few seconds when performing tasks such as opening a new browser tab, saving a file, trying to write in a text box, etc. Watching a Youtube video would have the...
  6. Constantly freezing

Constantly freezing: My desktop originally had Windows 8.1 installed, and ran flawlessly. After upgrading to Windows 10, it had constant freeze issues. It was so bad that I quit using it. I currently need it again, so I'm trying to get it working. I purchased a new Samsung SSD drive and did a...
  7. constant freezing

constant freezing: freezes when trying to save a file freezes when transfering from one file to another freezes while trying to save to PDF I understand MS has a solution to this in the Insider Program. What about us? rand scan now , no integrity issues antivirus says nothing latest...
  8. Constant freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant freezing: My PC freezes constantly, every 2 - 3 seconds. It only lasts half a second, but it happens so often it is almost impossible to use. This also causes the audio to cut out and glitch very frequently, and as a music producer this is extremely frustrating. Any help is much...
  9. Freezing constantly

Freezing constantly: First the PC started to freeze after leaving the PC idle for 2-3min, sometimes a bit longer (been happening since around two months ago). The screen/audio would freeze if I didn't constantly use the mouse or keyboard, turning it off normally didn't work either so I had to...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Constant Random Freeze

Windows 10 Pro Constant Random Freeze: Hi, I originally use Windows 7, trying to update that to Windows 10 but it does not allow me to. Anyway, I purchase a new SSD (Crucial BX300 480gb) to install Win 10 on it. However, it constantly freezes for no particular reason. Sometimes it freezes when it starts up....