Windows 10: Constant Scan for drive errors notification

Discus and support Constant Scan for drive errors notification in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop for the third time in the past 6 months. Over the course of the time, i have been constantly getting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmeenSiraj, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Constant Scan for drive errors notification

I just reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop for the third time in the past 6 months. Over the course of the time, i have been constantly getting the scan for drive errors in my system. When i click scan, it asks to reboot which takes time which is really annoying. yesterday, it did not reboot at all owing to some error with recovery or something so i had to resintall windows. And just today, i am again getting the same error. its asking to restart the system to repair drive errors. I don't understand what is causing this. It would be really great if someone can help me out here. Plesase help. Thank you.

:)

AmeenSiraj, Nov 28, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 28, 2020
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Constant Scan for drive errors notification

Error: problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it when connecting an HD drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get a clear picture of the issue, we will need the following details:

• When exactly are you receiving the error message?
    • Have you tried connecting the drive to any other USB port?
    • Are you able to access the drive on any other computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer and the HD drive?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

You can scan the drive for errors by following the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open
      File Explorer
    2. Click on This PC on the left pane.
    3. Right click on the HD Drive and select
      Properties.
    4. Click on Tools tab, under
      Error Checking
      click on Check. This will scan the drive for error and fix them.
    Note: If any bad sectors are found on the hard drive while Windows try to repair the sectors, data on the sectors might be lost.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Constant Scan for drive errors notification

1. Constant Scan for drive errors notification - Similar Threads - Constant Scan drive

2. Scan drive for errors notification keeps appearing in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Scan drive for errors notification keeps appearing in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Encountering the Scan drive for errors notification on your Windows computer randomly can be a maddening experience. It appears especially when the installation of a program fails due to the Internet disconnection or its partial download. Upon resuming the process,...
  3. Scan drive for errors notification keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan drive for errors notification keeps appearing: As the subject says, the notification "scan drive for errors" keeps on appearing, I have clicked it thinking that it will be fixed but no because a few hours or days later it appears again. This has been going on for weeks now and it is really annoying as it can appear at any...
  4. Scan drive for errors notification keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan drive for errors notification keeps appearing: As the subject says, the notification "scan drive for errors" keeps on appearing, I have clicked it thinking that it will be fixed but no because a few hours or days later it appears again. This has been going on for weeks now and it is really annoying as it can appear at any...
  5. Constant Notification Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Notification Sound: I had restarted my PC because a game I was playing had a memory leak. Upon logging back in to my desktop, Windows is constantly playing the notification sound, despite no new notifications appearing, and me having ALL of my notification settings turned off every single one,...
  6. Defender Scan Notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Scan Notification: Is it normal that I download an installer from the web then I run it, the defender says the admin request the file to be scanned? Even I don't initiate a scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-scan-notification/6494939c-9ecb-469a-9ea9-0ff24c4067d0
  7. About scan drive errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    About scan drive errors: i have lenovo ideapad 330 with windows 10 home. I get notification again and again about scan drive errors. What should i do please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-scan-drive-errors/1ae13bb5-dc0c-480a-b2b0-bb99de9d57c7
  8. Scan for drive errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan for drive errors: I had recently experienced a problem with my device. I am unable to understand why it is happening. Initially i got a notification regarding the "scan drive for errors, restart to fix", when i restarted my device it says, repairing disk errors this might take over an hour to...
  9. constant notification

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    constant notification: saying scan to computer is no longer activated. the network to the device has been lost. ScanToActivationApp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-notification/49707546-1b92-4e0b-a6fc-6a497fbc4bde
  10. Scan drive for errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scan drive for errors: I keep getting a notification to scan drive for errors: [img] It says to "Click to start scan" and it does nothing. I ran Chkdsk /scan as stated in "Event Viewer" and rebooted, but the message does not go away; even after clearing, it comes back. 97759