Windows 10: Constant scrolling in Windows applications and windows

Discus and support Constant scrolling in Windows applications and windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there! I just changed the power supply in my PC and all of a sudden I have this weird scrolling/highlighting thing in windows. So far it happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tsukicchi, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Tsukicchi Win User

Constant scrolling in Windows applications and windows

Hi there!

I just changed the power supply in my PC and all of a sudden I have this weird scrolling/highlighting thing in windows. So far it happens in many Windows 10 specific things like the settings menu, the start menu. It also started happening in explorer after a restart.

I can't exactly describe it perfectly but I'll do my best to try and explain it as well as I can:

So, what's basically happening in the start menu is that, when i press the windows key and start typing to start a search it starts scrolling through all the programs listed in my start menu, and it will infinitely start scrolling. I can try and type but it just keeps scrolling and nothing seems to stop it, no matter where I click it keeps going. This makes launching a program from the start menu literally impossible. This also happens when I want to search in a folder for example in explorer. When I press F3 it will scroll through all my recent search queries that it remembers, making searching impossible. When I open the settings menu I can select a category, like Update & Security getting to the settings menu by pressing the windows key and then the gear icon is already annoying because I have to click a few times very fast for it to even launch the settings window, I can get to that, but once I'm there it will highlight the "Home" button ion the top right, and if I click somewhere else it will shoot back to that home button.

It's almost as if Windows is registering a constant tab press multiple times a second. I have no idea how to fix this but it is quite frankly driving me insane since I launch most of my programs from the start menu and I often have to use the search function in explorer.

Quick edit: This also happens in the notification panel. Clicking on a notification or dismissing it is quite the pain to do s it keeps moving up to the top of the notification panel.

Is there a knows cause for this as well as a solution? I'd be very grateful if anyone has a way to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance! <3

:)

Tsukicchi, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 19, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 19, 2020
  4. BigMack70 Win User

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Constant scrolling in Windows applications and windows - Similar Threads - Constant scrolling applications

2. Windows randomly scrolling through applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly scrolling through applications.: As the title says. My windows is randomly scrolling through applications which is really annoying. I am currently using a wireless mouse. I have tried multiple USB ports with the receiver and no change. I have also tried a wired mouse with multiple USB ports as well and again...
  3. Windows randomly scrolling through applications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly scrolling through applications.: As the title says. My windows is randomly scrolling through applications which is really annoying. I am currently using a wireless mouse. I have tried multiple USB ports with the receiver and no change. I have also tried a wired mouse with multiple USB ports as well and again...
  4. Constant scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant scrolling: Noticed today that when I open Windows menu or File Explorer or Control Panel or nearly any other program browsers seems unaffected but for example Irfanview is affected with scrollbars it scrolls until has reached end either from top to bottom or left to right and stays...
  5. Constant scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant scrolling: Noticed today that when I open Windows menu or File Explorer or Control Panel or nearly any other program browsers seems unaffected but for example Irfanview is affected with scrollbars it scrolls until has reached end either from top to bottom or left to right and stays...
  6. Constant scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows' applications scrolling bug

Windows' applications scrolling bug: For a while now I am getting a problem that any windows application I use file explorer, windows settings, windows search bar continuously scrolls as if the up arrow key is being held down. Not exactly page scrolling. It only scrolls through the options in the application. It...
  8. Switch application windows by scrolling over it on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switch application windows by scrolling over it on taskbar.: Hi guys, I am trying to move back to Windows after a while. In Ubuntu I had an option to scroll over given app in the taskbar to switch between opened windows, i.e. browser windows. Is there anything like that on Windows10? I have to say, it is very convinient in compare with...
  9. Constant scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant scrolling: Please, someone help me. My screen is on constant scroll. It either scrolls left or down. I've tried changing the mouse, updating drivers, system restore, the auto colour thing and numerous other things. Can someone please point me to a resolution? Many thanks....
  10. Windows 10 constant scroll to the right

Windows 10 constant scroll to the right: I have a desktop with Windows 10 Home 1809 installed and is constantly scrolls to the right. This causes an auto scroll down appearance in most windows, such as the programs menu, setting (when is more than one screen of content) but it can be distinguished as a right scroll...