Windows 10: Constant stuttering and fps drops after fresh installation

Discus and support Constant stuttering and fps drops after fresh installation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had a long running problem where whenever playing a certain game for longer than an hour 2, id blue screen with various error messages including but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by justwannagame, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Constant stuttering and fps drops after fresh installation

I had a long running problem where whenever playing a certain game for longer than an hour 2, id blue screen with various error messages including but not limited to: kernel_mode_heap_corruption and Kernel_security_check_failure. I reinstalled windows and updated my drivers accordingly and now can't play anything without constant stuttering and fps drops. I've researched this problem as much as i can and have done all things listed on the forums including checking for corrupted files, rolling back/uninstalling and reinstalling my audio/touchpad/gpu drivers, disabling that dumb xbox dvr thing, and the problem persists. I had no such problem prior to my re-installation so i believe it has to do with the fresh install of windows 10. This problem is absurdly annoying and my hardware is more than capable of running any game at a playable fps.

:)

justwannagame, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Dull Byte Win User

Sudden FPS drop/Stutter

Since 2 days ago, I just turned on my Computer, and it starting having issues while I was playing Witcher 3 (starts with decent fpsm and then very low fps, dropping to 35, then 20, and stopping at 12 or so, in a matter of seconds, in a matter of 1min of starting the game), also stuttering without any high demanding programs, randomly. I was playing at 45-60 fps, without any stutters or sudden fps drop. Have tried other games the issue persists. Even setup everything to low settings.
    I have ran several tests with several tools, all seems normal, no sudden memory spikes, or temperature raising out of the ordinary, nothing that would indicate such an fps drop or stuttering.

MSI Afterburner

I also did the reset option on Windows10, completly cleaned out all my personal info from the windows partition.
    So at this point, I am not sure if it is a software issue or a hardware issue.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edit: I kept doing some tests to find out the issue. And this happened before and I was able to replicate it. Same thing happened as before, till I set it up to fullscreen, Alt+Tab from the game and then back to the game, FPS went up to 50 again, stable and good, dropped after a couple of seconds. After a bit it went to 2-5 fps, and I had to shutdown the game, because even the sound was getting messed up.

MSI Afterburner 2

In this image those ups and downs in the GPU usage are when the fps dropped really hard and the sound got messed up.

Dull Byte, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Gaming FPS Drop/Stutter after recent Windows 10 update.

This is a well documented problem that microsoft is trying to ignore. I have this stuttering and low fps problem on every single one of my windows 10 machines, and many of my friends. I have had this problem on and off for the last two years. See this nvidia
    forum with over 200 pages of people with the same problem.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...h-fps-drops-since-windows-10-creators-update/

MesotheliomaCompensation, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Constant stuttering and fps drops after fresh installation

Gaming FPS Drop/Stutter after recent Windows 10 update.

After this new years update, I noticed that my games have been getting frame drops and stuttering. I have a NVIDIA GEforce 1070 and I was able to run games such as CS:GO or League of Legends smoothly before the new year. However, after the recent Windows
    10 update, my computer can't handle the games well. For example, League of Legends ran at 144 fps (I capped it there) and constantly ran at 144 fps before the new year. However, after the new year update, my League fails to consistently run 144 fps, drops
    down to even 90 sometimes, and there is a lot of frame stuttering that is inhibiting my ability to play the game. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

PenguinYuki, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Constant stuttering and fps drops after fresh installation

1. Constant stuttering and fps drops after fresh installation - Similar Threads - Constant stuttering fps

2. Fps drops and stutters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops and stutters: So I used this debloater tool to debloat my windows 11 and soon I used the restore point I made but it gives me lower fps rhan before I used the debloater and alot of stutters...
  3. Fps drops and stutters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drops and stutters: So I used this debloater tool to debloat my windows 11 and soon I used the restore point I made but it gives me lower fps rhan before I used the debloater and alot of stutters...
  4. I have constant FPS drops and Screen Stutter in all games ONLY.

I have constant FPS drops and Screen Stutter in all games ONLY.: Idk what happened but last week when I was trying to play Valorant with my friend I started to experience major Screen stutter which in turn caused input lag and delay making the game unplayable.To see if the issue was Connection related I set up Packet loss and ping...
  5. Fps drop feel laggy and stutter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drop feel laggy and stutter.: Using geforce experience, instant fps is fine, my 99% fps drops sometimes and my game stutters. I cannot find any fix, does anyone know how to fix this problem?I'll reset my pc change os but problem still happening in every game and ideal use ex. Browsing or only move mouse....
  6. Fps drop feel laggy and stutter.

Fps drop feel laggy and stutter.: Using geforce experience, instant fps is fine, my 99% fps drops sometimes and my game stutters. I cannot find any fix, does anyone know how to fix this problem?I'll reset my pc change os but problem still happening in every game and ideal use ex. Browsing or only move mouse....
  7. fps drop constantly and stuttering after update KB5004296

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fps drop constantly and stuttering after update KB5004296: At first, all was well. Then I got an update notification of the Intel graphics card and Windows update KB5004296. During the update, I played my game. Then I restarted my pc to finish the update. When re-entering the game, the fps suddenly drops up and down, with every click...
  8. FPS drop and stutter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS drop and stutter: Dell G7 7588 Windows 10 Version: 1909 OS Build: 1836.1316 BIOS: 1.14.0 Processor: i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 12 CPU GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design, 8GB RAM: 16GB Problem: FPS drops and stuttering when playing Overwatch I haven't played Overwatch for 3 months+,...
  9. FPS DROPS AND STUTTERS

in Windows 10 Customization
    FPS DROPS AND STUTTERS: Eveytime when i play a game my fps drops and stutters of lot.And i don't know how to fix it.And i was using my pc for 2 months.Could you help me fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fps-drops-and-stutters/1b0a26e1-f4aa-4258-8042-c564217d0973
  10. Issues with stuttering/fps drops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with stuttering/fps drops: There is a TLDR at the end of this post but please read this thoroughly! Hi! Thank you in advance for reading and thinking along with me. I have some stuttering (no monitor issues) going with my laptop. It happened a few days ago and since then it's becoming really a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keep getting big frame drops in games