Windows 10: Constant "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" BSOD

Discus and support Constant "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; No clue what to do about it. Hoping someone here could help. Tends to happen when I have either Chrome/Firefox or a game open. 39154 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HerposaurusRex, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Constant "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" BSOD

No clue what to do about it. Hoping someone here could help.

Tends to happen when I have either Chrome/Firefox or a game open.

:)

HerposaurusRex, Jan 29, 2016

2. Recurring BSOD crashes after using specific software (Axure RP Pro)

The causes of the BSOD's are related to BAD_POOL_CALLER and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION related to the drivers; ntoskrnl.exe+16c560 and win32kbase.sys

StefanoToledo, Jan 29, 2016
  3. McManamay Win User
    BSoD and Windows Update error

Keep getting BSOD errors "Dxgkrnl.sys" "Memory_management" "Dpc_watchdog_violation" and "System_service_exception", these are the reasons listed from 4 of the BSoDs. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and it's still happening. Also Windows update keeps
    failing for "2018-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4074588) - Error 0x800f081f"

McManamay, Jan 29, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Constant "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" BSOD

There is no event about any BSOD, but there are many WER (Windows Error Reports) about Steam.
    Please try to reinstall/update Steam and validate all installed games.
    Code: 1/28/2016 4:06 AM Application Error Faulting application name: steamwebhelper.exe, version: 3.17.73.86, time stamp: 0x566f1544 Faulting module name: libcef.dll, version: 3.2526.1348.0, time stamp: 0x5643e1a9 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00e2f176 Faulting process id: 0xb38 Faulting application start time: 0x01d1598131c8dac9 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\steamwebhelper.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\libcef.dll Report Id: 606b8986-8a07-4935-aa2d-678ca933521f Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:1/28/2016 4:15 AM Application Error Faulting application name: steamwebhelper.exe, version: 3.17.73.86, time stamp: 0x566f1544 Faulting module name: libcef.dll, version: 3.2526.1348.0, time stamp: 0x5643e1a9 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00e2f176 Faulting process id: 0xb4c Faulting application start time: 0x01d159827cd1fcf5 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\steamwebhelper.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\libcef.dll Report Id: ed6940b2-36f1-4470-8ea3-ed741a70c762 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID: 1/28/2016 3:26 AM Application Error Faulting application name: steamwebhelper.exe, version: 3.17.73.86, time stamp: 0x566f1544 Faulting module name: libcef.dll, version: 3.2526.1348.0, time stamp: 0x5643e1a9 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00e2f176 Faulting process id: 0xb60 Faulting application start time: 0x01d1597baff774b0 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\steamwebhelper.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\libcef.dll Report Id: ff7f1702-5f85-4e94-947d-f713934dd051 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID: 1/28/2016 3:26 AM Application Error Faulting application name: steamwebhelper.exe, version: 3.17.73.86, time stamp: 0x566f1544 Faulting module name: libcef.dll, version: 3.2526.1348.0, time stamp: 0x5643e1a9 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00e2f176 Faulting process id: 0xb64 Faulting application start time: 0x01d1597ba3c3a787 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\steamwebhelper.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\libcef.dll Report Id: 194094f5-fae3-446d-bb8a-be4d44da35f6 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:[/quote]

5. While validating all installed games I got another BSOD.

I didn't get the full error code though it was started with IRQL though.

So I'm assuming it was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Guess I should give a little more information about my problem was just busy yesterday so posted this thread quickly.

I've been having trouble with system stability over the last few months. For awhile my PC wouldn't even boot it would just spin up and never boot to BIOS or OS. The only indication of a problem I could find at first was my motherboard speaker making a weird clicking noise. I sent my motherboard in for repairs they said there was nothing wrong, and returned it. The only time I could get it to boot was when I had one stick of RAM installed so I assumed it was the memory I sent that in for a new kit. Once I received the new kit my system would boot, but all my programs would crash after being open for an extended period of time. I'd get blue screens but they were just garbled mess with no error codes. So I decided I'd just get a cheap 8GB kit from G Skill, and see if there is any difference. There was! My PC worked for the most part except for the fact I can't launch games like GTA V or Ark Survival Evolved. Windows says my PC is running out of memory and shuts down the application even though it's only at around 60% usage. Which is weird because I ran this system with 8GB until May last year when I got a 16GB kit. I have page file disabled. I still get crashes on the 8GB kit, but they are a lot farther and few between. I've ran Windows Memory Diagnostic on both kits with no errors returned. I've also ran eight passes of Memtest on the 8GB kit, and 12 passes of Memtest on the 16GB kit both returning no errors. The last thing I can think of that would cause problems hardware wise is that something is wrong with my CPU's memory controller, but I don't have another CPU to test. Now I'm getting these BSOD with actual error messages I'd hoped it'd give some insight into my problem.

Edit: Figured out why it wasn't logging the BSODs. Attached the latest dump file if it helps.

HerposaurusRex, Jan 30, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    The dump is a network error, although the network drivers haven't been mentioned as a direct cause.
    Code: Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!memcpy+7a )[/quote] Driver update and data:
    Driver Reference Table - e1d65x64.sys

In what channel are the modules installed?
    Attachment 61860

7. Driver update and data:
    Driver Reference Table - e1d65x64.sys

In what channel are the modules installed?
    Attachment 61860[/quote] They are in DDR3_1, and DDR3_2.

HerposaurusRex, Jan 31, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Try using 1 channel to see if that helps.

9. If anything it got worse.

Wouldn't boot on the first attempt.

The second attempt I got error code 0xc0000017 on boot, and 0xc000009a when I pressed try again.

Once I got into Windows it still BSOD at the common places.

10. axe0 New Member
    0xc000009a means Windows has used all possible memory (in plain english)

What channel did you try?

11. Channel B.

12. axe0 New Member
    If the same problem happens with the other channel and I assume your Windows installation is not an upgrade then you might be facing a motherboard problem.

13. Constant "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" BSOD

Guess I'll just have to go to the tech shop down the street and see if they'll let me troubleshoot with another CPU just to eliminate that as a possibility. Then call Gigabyte and ask what freaking tests they actually did on my board because nothing is fixing my situation. Thanks for your help axe0.

HerposaurusRex, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Constant "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" BSOD - Similar Threads - Constant SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD

2. Constant BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION/SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION_ NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION/SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION_ NOT_HANDLED: Lately i start to getting a frequent BSOD. Here is list of some of them link. A few of them were during the windows loading so they didn't even save. Here is my dump files fo the last 2 BSOD link.The things i did:1. Updated all the drivers with windowsdint try yet with 3rd...
  3. Constant BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION/SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION_ NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION/SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION_ NOT_HANDLED: Lately i start to getting a frequent BSOD. Here is list of some of them link. A few of them were during the windows loading so they didn't even save. Here is my dump files fo the last 2 BSOD link.The things i did:1. Updated all the drivers with windowsdint try yet with 3rd...
  4. Constant BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION/SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION_ NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION/SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION_ NOT_HANDLED: Lately i start to getting a frequent BSOD. Here is list of some of them link. A few of them those during the windows loading so they didnt't even save. Here is my dump files fo the last 2 BSOD link.The thing i did:1. Updated all the drivers with windowsdint try yet with 3rd...
  5. Constant BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Constant BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: For the last two days I’ve been trying to fix BSOD errors such as SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I’ve tried everything that I could find on the Internet including manual driver updating in Device Manager, updating graphic drivers through GeForce...
  6. Constant BSODs (system_service_exception, kmode_exception_not_handled)

Constant BSODs (system_service_exception, kmode_exception_not_handled): Dealing with near daily BSODs when running intensive software or games. It usually doesn't crash until its under decent load (newer games, rendering, etc.) I have not overclocked my GPU or my CPU. The BSODs I most often get are system_service_exception,...
  7. Constant BSOD when gaming SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Constant BSOD when gaming SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Seeing my specs no reason I should be crashing, games run fine. Randomly crashes at times sends me a BSOD. Here's specs Windows 10 Home 64-bit Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz Kaby Lake 16.0GB Dual Corsair Vengance ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME Z270-A 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce...
  8. BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b)

BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b): Been getting this particular BSOD on a near constant basis when running high'ish memory dependent games. After a fair amount of trying to fix it up with sfc, driver verifier and removing near anything I can think of that caused the bug, based on similar stories I finally...
  9. Bsod system_service_exception

Bsod system_service_exception: Hello there, I have just installed Windows 10 and this is happening very often: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION After googling about this I came to this forum. I followed this instructions ( but I don't know where to look for help. This is the link for my dump files...
  10. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Among Others, Constant BSOD. Desperate

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Among Others, Constant BSOD. Desperate: I have been receiving this BSOD since about the second week of successfully building my computer, almost a year ago. The drivers that caused the error always vary, but ntoskrnl.exe was the most recent offender. Though my computer crashes usually with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION,...