Windows 10: Constant UAC pop up for file operation.

Discus and support Constant UAC pop up for file operation. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All For the past few weeks, every time I boot my laptop the user account control starts repeatedly popping up. It says for a Microsoft File... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cat69, Apr 24, 2019.

1. cat69 Win User

Constant UAC pop up for file operation.

Hi All

For the past few weeks, every time I boot my laptop the user account control starts repeatedly popping up.

It says for a Microsoft File Operation. So I click 'yes' and keep doing it over and over, sometimes it will say a particular folder doesn't exist and would I like to create it.

I did it for 3 hours once, but now I turn off UAC for half hour and then it finally stops.

I don't whether this is related, but Office 365 Won't start right, which also started around the same time, I open outlook (or word etc) and sometimes says operating system not configured to work on this computer or something like it. I run the apps as administrator, and they work, and after that they all work fine, until I reboot again. I have uninstalled and repaired multiple times and it still does it.

Also, again may not be related it also says operating system not configured etc randomly with no apparent file association.

Help!!! please it's driving me nuts!

Cheers

Also I've run every virus.malware checker known to man too! lol

:)

cat69, Apr 24, 2019
  2. zanxion Win User

Windows 10 Professional, UAC pops up whenever I launch almost any app

After the last Windows 10 updates, UAC pops up almost whatever application gets launched, e.g. Photoshop. How can I tackle this? In settings UAC is set to one step just before completely disabling it.

zanxion, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 UAC problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to disable the UAC-(Select the bar as shown in the below screen shot) and check with the issue. To open User account control settings, follow the steps:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type User account control settings.

Constant UAC pop up for file operation. 3bad81a6-0885-4c42-b10d-9c53d2f543f7.png

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Constant UAC pop up for file operation.

Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Constant UAC pop up for file operation.

1. Constant UAC pop up for file operation. - Similar Threads - Constant UAC pop

2. Powershell constantly pops up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell constantly pops up: When I close it, it opens back up few minutes later. When I don't, multiple of them open nonstop. Sometimes it opens then closes immediately. Scanned for viruses several times, none. Checked other solutions checking startup folders and on task manager, etc. Nothing is...
  3. Powershell constantly pops up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell constantly pops up: When I close it, it opens back up few minutes later. When I don't, multiple of them open nonstop. Sometimes it opens then closes immediately. Scanned for viruses several times, none. Checked other solutions checking startup folders and on task manager, etc. Nothing is...
  4. Powershell constantly pops up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: hello my laptop is running windows 10 and out of no where a box keeps popping up for Cortana. i am sick of it constantly popping up. i signed in thinking this would stop it but has not. i am at my wits ends to sort it. doesnt anyone know how to stop when your not clicking...
  6. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: I see this problem and its "solutions," which always seem to involve disarming some of the touchpad. I don't use my touchpad and have it turned off. I have never had this particular problem until I did a reinstall of Win 10. Sometimes happens 4-5 times a minute. Obviously...
  7. Windows 10 UAC pop up "downloading Packets"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 UAC pop up "downloading Packets": Hey all, got a question... Buddy just got a new windows 10 laptop and its been acting weird.. A pop up randomly comes up saying "downloading Package to X" (x is usually a number 1 - 3) then the CMD prompt window pops up for a fraction of a second then disappears. when...
  8. UAC keeps popping up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC keeps popping up: I've had this annoying problem since the last windows update, UAC keeps popping up every time I try to change windows settings. I've tried changing the UAC settings but the only one that works is to turn it off completely, which I'd rather not. I am logged in to an admin...
  9. Constant UAC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Constant UAC: When using my user account I am prompted to put in Admin. password to even launch a program I use every day. I'll use my Admin. Account and make changes that are suggested to stop this constant "pain" I have "hidden admin. account set to active. Help 71955
  10. MS UAC File Virtualization/Operational

in Windows 10 Support
    MS UAC File Virtualization/Operational: I was browsing through my event viewer today and I came across this event. I've looked around for an answer, and while I did find some information, it really only confused me more. If anyone can tell me what this is (I'm just a newb) I would really appreciate it. Also, I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. operation file uac directiva

2. uac file operations