Windows 10: Constant usage of appx 13% of CPU after installing new SSD

Discus and support Constant usage of appx 13% of CPU after installing new SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I have installed a new SSD (Western Digital NVMe 500GB) to replace the old 128GB Samsung SSD. The replacement process (cloning, setting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CAKCy, Oct 15, 2019.

1. CAKCy Win User

Constant usage of appx 13% of CPU after installing new SSD

Hi all,

I have installed a new SSD (Western Digital NVMe 500GB) to replace the old 128GB Samsung SSD. The replacement process (cloning, setting the new SSD as the booting device) went fine and my system is working as it used to, with one minor glitch. I have a constant 13% CPU usage even when the system is idle.

The Resource Monitor has shown System to be the culprit.

Sysinternals/ProcExp has shown ACPI.SYS to waste CPU Usage.

And here is the WPR Trace file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlkkLkBOPhfYhwkaU6U-qUgkDWuA

Any insight on what's causing the CPU usage will be most appreciated.

No generic responses please (Check your drivers, reinstall Windows, etc. etc.)

Thank you!

:)

CAKCy, Oct 15, 2019

2. Constant CPU usage

*Original Title: Windows modular installer

I have a constant cpu usage on 25-100%. Even when the computer is doing nothing. The biggest sinner seems to be the windows modular installer. How can i fix this.

I have 2 computers with the same problem. One with win 8.1 and one with win 10.

Jesper_Dahl, Oct 15, 2019
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Constant 100% Disk Usage, 60-80% CPU usage. Both happen when idle.

Could you also provide a snapshot of Resource Monitor with selected Disk Activity Tab and checked only System:

i would also suggest running checkdisk and sfc /scannow

Constant usage of appx 13% of CPU after installing new SSD [​IMG]

AndreTen, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Constant usage of appx 13% of CPU after installing new SSD

windows 10 high constant cpu usage

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?
    I would like to inform you that High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Additional info:

Performance & maintenance

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/performance-maintenance-help#performance-maintenance-help=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Constant usage of appx 13% of CPU after installing new SSD

1. Constant usage of appx 13% of CPU after installing new SSD - Similar Threads - Constant usage appx

2. High cpu usage after ssd upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu usage after ssd upgrade.: Hello, I upgrade my laptop to HDD to SSD. But after that I'm seeing that, in HDD my cpu utilization 1 or 2% without doing anything. But in SSD utilization is now 30% without doing anything. Why?...
  3. High cpu usage after ssd upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High cpu usage after ssd upgrade.: Hello, I upgrade my laptop to HDD to SSD. But after that I'm seeing that, in HDD my cpu utilization 1 or 2% without doing anything. But in SSD utilization is now 30% without doing anything. Why?...
  4. High cpu usage after ssd upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. AppX Deployment Service AppXSVC High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AppX Deployment Service AppXSVC High CPU Usage: Hi,I've been having issues lately where a windows service under the name of Wsappx and AppX Deployment Service have been using a high percentage of my CPU for no understandable reason. It is consistently like this from start up of the PC to shutdown. I have tried multiple...
  6. Constant usage of appx 13% of CPU after installing new SSD

Constant usage of appx 13% of CPU after installing new SSD: Hi all, I have installed a new SSD Western Digital NVMe 500GB to replace the old 128GB Samsung SSD. The replacement process cloning, setting the new SSD as the booting device went fine and my system is working as it used to, with one minor glitch. I have a constant 13% CPU...
  7. Constant Freezes and High CPU usage

Constant Freezes and High CPU usage: Hello, I have been browsing through Microsoft Community for some time now and I have found many similar problems and applied most of the solutions but sadly nothing seems to work. The main problem appears when computer is put to sleep by closing the lid or pressing the...
  8. 100% CPU usage constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% CPU usage constantly: Yesterday my PC was working fine and had low enough cpu usage but since I've booted it up this morning it has stayed at 100% CPU usage. I've tried following some things online after i noticed wmi (or something like that) using a lot of CPU. This led me to figuring out i had...
  9. 100% CPU Usage constantly on brand new i7 9700K

100% CPU Usage constantly on brand new i7 9700K: Hi there. In the past week my PC has developed the problem of 100% CPU usage constantly. Multiple applications and processes are trying to use the most CPU power, it's not just one. I have reinstalled windows and uninstalled display drivers to reinstall again in the hope of...
  10. CPU Usage Constantly at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Usage Constantly at 100%: When I was running Windows 8.1, I had this same problem. Upgraded to Windows 10, issue persisted, until I reset the PC (August). After I reset, CPU usage was normal. A few weeks ago, though, CPU usage has jumped right back up to 100% (per Task Manager). I've tried...