Windows 10: Constant "You can't do this" and "You can't do that" messages!

Discus and support Constant "You can't do this" and "You can't do that" messages! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've been dealing with this since the inception of Windows NT and it's various other NT based products. Constantly dealing with popups saying I need to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by southokanagan, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Constant "You can't do this" and "You can't do that" messages!

I've been dealing with this since the inception of Windows NT and it's various other NT based products. Constantly dealing with popups saying I need to be an Administrator to yadda yadda, save to folder, delete folder, move file to folder, to delete file and the list goes on, I would like all of this to stop once and for all. And I do use the context menu addon .reg file I got from tenforums that says TAKE OWNERSHIP, but I really don't want that anymore and judging by what I've read, I shouldn't have to, I'm an Administrator and as such OWN the files already, or should, or would like to, read on to assist with the "I'd like to" part. hehe I know everything else there is to know about Windows and the way it runs but oddly never learned a darn thing about Users and Permissions, I get the basic gist of it all, I am an Administrator 100%, but obviously when I create my first account at firstrun after refreshing a machine or starting up a new one, something seems to always go awry at the choose your username stage? maybe? I've always chosen the User Account name of Admin, Administrator or my email address as the sole account on the machine, it's not a local account, just one single Microsoft Account which is always an Administrator account. Now I'm starting to think the choice of usernames, oddly, all three of my choices used over the years are bad ones? Possibly conflicting with words often associated with other things and Windows doesn't like it? Anyways, my login user account name right now is my email address, it shows up correctly when logging in to the machine on boot, but once in Windows or CMD, the c:\Users\ file folder for my one and only created user account doesn't say my email address on it, but only the first 5 letters of it, it doesn't even make it to the @ symbol. I don't like it like this at all, my folder name should and I would like it to match my User Account name. To be more specific it's penticton AT mail DOT com (<-- user account name not as shown, put that together in it's proper syntax with the @ symbol & the .com) and my user folder says " penti " like this ----> C:\Users\penti\ There's the background story and what's happening, I would like to fix the Administrator That Never Was complex my machine and I have developed, trust me, we both feel useless, not to mention annoyed. And to fix the User Account issue, if there really is one, you guys will have to tell me what names are permitable and which ones cause conflict, or could. Thanks so much for whomever reads this and to the folks that enter the fray and offer up assistance, it isn't unappreciated I assure you. Best regards, D.

:)

southokanagan, Aug 5, 2021
  2. soletsky Win User

unlock sim t-mobile lumia 521

Thanks for your suggestion, but this is a prepaid phone --- no contract. As I said T-Mobile lists the number under an unknown carrier and suggested I contact Microsoft.

soletsky, Aug 5, 2021
  3. snssewell Win User
    Messaging Ringtones on T-mobile Dash

I just got my T-Mobile Dash and love it. But I was wondering is there a way to use my own ringtones for incomming text messages? The Ringtones I downloaded to the phone will show in the list for Ringtones but not in the list for Ringtones for Text Messages.
    Anyway to get them in there so I can hear my Ringtones when I get a text message?

Thanks in advance!

snssewell, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Constant "You can't do this" and "You can't do that" messages!

AT&T Activates Call Validation Displays

Source: AT&T Activates Call Validation Displays

Brink, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Constant "You can't do this" and "You can't do that" messages!

1. Constant "You can't do this" and "You can't do that" messages! - Similar Threads - Constant can't can't

2. Media Player: Is there a fix/workaround to constant messages: We can't open xxx.mp3. You...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player: Is there a fix/workaround to constant messages: We can't open xxx.mp3. You...: OS: Windows 10Media Player Version 11.2310.8.0I get these messages for various songs every time I try and play my playlists.If there are say 12 songs in a playlist, There will be about 4 with the message such as:This happens every time I open Media Player and try to play a...
  3. Do you feel that Microsoft is holding us to Ransome if you don't agree with them, you can't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do you feel that Microsoft is holding us to Ransome if you don't agree with them, you can't...: I have read their new policy and it's all about them to protect themselves we the people have no say what so ever as far as they are concerned you don't agree then you can't use the software you legally purchased this is a form of blackmail for simple people like me with a...
  4. Do you feel that Microsoft is holding us to Ransome if you don't agree with them, you can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do you feel that Microsoft is holding us to Ransome if you don't agree with them, you can't...: I have read their new policy and it's all about them to protect themselves we the people have no say what so ever as far as they are concerned you don't agree then you can't use the software you legally purchased this is a form of blackmail for simple people like me with a...
  5. I can't doing you mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't doing you mail: Last night i discuss about wifi and Bluetooth connection problem, now i can't mail. It showing massage block everytime. I can't send screenshots of my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-doing-you-mail/05730b0a-44d0-4c00-bf7e-f5bc5c168616
  6. I can't doing you mail

I can't doing you mail: Last night i discuss about wifi and Bluetooth connection problem, now i can't mail. It showing massage block everytime. I can't send screenshots of my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-doing-you-mail/05730b0a-44d0-4c00-bf7e-f5bc5c168616
  7. WHY CAN'T YOU DO WAVLINK EXTENDER SETUP?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHY CAN'T YOU DO WAVLINK EXTENDER SETUP?: Without a doubt, Wavlink WiFi range extender are fantastic networking devices that allow customers to fill dead zones in their houses with a high-speed internet connection. However, being the best does not imply that it is without flaws. Users may have a variety of issues...
  8. WHY CAN'T YOU DO WAVLINK EXTENDER SETUP?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY CAN'T YOU DO WAVLINK EXTENDER SETUP?: Without a doubt, Wavlink WiFi range extender are fantastic networking devices that allow customers to fill dead zones in their houses with a high-speed internet connection. However, being the best does not imply that it is without flaws. Users may have a variety of issues...
  9. WHY CAN'T YOU DO WAVLINK EXTENDER SETUP?

10. How Do You Message The Moderator?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do You Message The Moderator?: I posted something yesterday and a short time later I received an email as usual indicating that someone had responded but when I clicked on the link I was told that I do not have access to that page and when I looked at "MY Posts" I could not find the thread so I would like...