Windows 10: constantly asks me to confirm my identity by entering pin number

Discus and support constantly asks me to confirm my identity by entering pin number in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows is constantly asking me to confirm my identity (microsoft account) by entering the pin number I have already entered when I logged on to my pc.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Camilla74, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Camilla74 Win User

constantly asks me to confirm my identity by entering pin number

Windows is constantly asking me to confirm my identity (microsoft account) by entering the pin number I have already entered when I logged on to my pc. It only started recently so what the hell is with that? Have a second pc on which this never happens?

:)

Camilla74, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Kupuna Win User

Can't enter PIN for Headset

Bluetooth Plantronics PR BT5028. Windows V 1903. Windows recognizes the headset when I try to add it, but then puts up a window suggesting a six-digit number and asking if that number matches the headset PIN.
    Plantronics has publicly posted the fact that the PIN is "0000" but....there is no way I can find to enter 0000. When Windows decides that the numbers don't match the pairing fails and another six-digit number is offered.
    Has anyone encountered this before? How can I enter the known pin?

Kupuna, Sep 25, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Pin number

Well, when you first want to create a PIN for your account, Microsoft sends you a verification numeric code to confirm your identity with. So wouldn't that code be considered a PIN number .... a number required to establish your PIN with? So, in that case, there IS a PIN number in Windows! *Wink

NavyLCDR, Sep 25, 2019
  4. constantly asks me to confirm my identity by entering pin number

Constantly prompted to enter pin number when using Government ID and CAC reader.

Hello all. When accessing certain government websites, which require CAC access, I am constantly prompted to enter my pin number. Sometimes it will ask once and sometimes it will ask several times in a row. This happens on some websites but not all
    and it happens the entire time I am navigating the website.

WuTangWindu, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

constantly asks me to confirm my identity by entering pin number

1. constantly asks me to confirm my identity by entering pin number - Similar Threads - constantly asks confirm

2. Why is Google Chrome suddenly asking me to confirm my identity using a security key on a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Google Chrome suddenly asking me to confirm my identity using a security key on a...: Today when I was updating my credit card information for a site due to my old card expiry date was getting close, Google Chrome asked me to confirm my identity using a security key where it asked me to insert my security key into the USB port.I was quite surprised since I...
  3. Why is Google Chrome suddenly asking me to confirm my identity using a security key on a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Google Chrome suddenly asking me to confirm my identity using a security key on a...: Today when I was updating my credit card information for a site due to my old card expiry date was getting close, Google Chrome asked me to confirm my identity using a security key where it asked me to insert my security key into the USB port.I was quite surprised since I...
  4. I can't open files, they ask for a identity confirmation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open files, they ask for a identity confirmation: I can't open files, they ask for a identity confirmation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-files-they-ask-for-a-identity/487aefba-780d-4688-9f43-01d8b610eedb
  5. I can't open files, they ask for a identity confirmation

I can't open files, they ask for a identity confirmation: I can't open files, they ask for a identity confirmation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-files-they-ask-for-a-identity/487aefba-780d-4688-9f43-01d8b610eedb
  6. Pin Number and Enter

Pin Number and Enter: Here's a simple problem but which I cannot overcome but one of you folks can. When I type in my PIN number on this laptop, it automatically opens Windows. On another laptop, when I type in the PIN number, I have to hit the enter button for it to open Windows. Why is that and...
  7. Pin Number and Enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Number and Enter: Here's a simple problem but which I cannot overcome but one of you folks can. When I type in my PIN number on this laptop, it automatically opens Windows. On another laptop, when I type in the PIN number, I have to hit the enter button for it to open Windows. Why is that and...
  8. Confirming identity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Confirming identity: I need to reset my Microsoft password. To do so, I need a security code. When this has happened in the past, I've been given a choice of ways to verify my identity. This time I was given only one choice--texting me. The problem: Microsoft is sending the text to my LANDLINE...
  9. pc still ask me to confirm my identity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pc still ask me to confirm my identity: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/constantly-asks-me-to-confirm-my-identity-by/aa3c1d31-3988-4c94-8a4f-9439db836c1c?messageId=5fdd6235-05f0-4d8d-b6da-1ada54fdf495 as the above thread will show I am still having problems with my pc asking...
  10. Confirm identity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Confirm identity: every so often since over last few days my pc keeps asking to confirm im identity and no idea why ive done it like 12 times already anyone know what might cause this 69844