Windows 10: Constantly getting "Not Responding"error message&freezing using chrome

Discus and support Constantly getting "Not Responding"error message&freezing using chrome in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I own a dell Latitude Insprion laptop, it's less than 3 years old, When I use Google Chrome(or IE or Firefox for that matter) the system freezes for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by heftysmurf76, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Constantly getting "Not Responding"error message&freezing using chrome

I own a dell Latitude Insprion laptop, it's less than 3 years old, When I use Google Chrome(or IE or Firefox for that matter) the system freezes for extended periods , 3 to 7 minutes, and will not respond. The error message "Not Responding" shows up all the time. This happens consistently

I have been in touch with Dell "Premium" tech support MANY times, and the most recent excuse I have been given is that there is some known issue of compatibility with Windows 10, that it is a Microsoft issue they are aware of, and I will just have to wait for the fix to arrive with an update.

I have a seriously hard time believing this. It's a serious problem and my tech support(and myself) has cleared my cache, cookies, etc many times, and it feels to me like they have just given up.

What is also disconcerting is that I have searched on line for this problem that they said "many" people have, and can find no evidence of any such issue...
    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I run virus protection and malware scans consistently, and as I said my cookies and cache have been cleared several times, so its not a user issue.
    Thanks

:)

heftysmurf76, Oct 5, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Chrome not responding

Hi Pete,

For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome?
    • It is best if you can send us a screenshot when you get the error message: "chrome not responding" as well as the links you mentioned.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Jose Est, Oct 5, 2019
  3. "Shockwave Pulgin not responding" error message when browsing on Chrome or IE in Windows 10.

Hi Kenatingal,

Thank you for responding.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with access the browser with error:
    Shockwave Pulgin not responding, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you have tried to installed the flash player as suggested in the previous reply?
    • Does the same issue persists on Microsoft Edge as well?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Step 1: As you are facing issues with Internet Explorer, I suggest you to Reset Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Step 2: For issues with Google Chrome, I suggest you to uninstall the browser from Programs and features and reinstall it from the website. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Right click on Google Chrome
      and select uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Try to download Google Chrome from the below link using Internet Explorer/ Microsoft Edge:

Google Chrome - The New Chrome & Most Secure Web Browser

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Constantly getting "Not Responding"error message&freezing using chrome

Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Constantly getting "Not Responding"error message&freezing using chrome

1. Constantly getting "Not Responding"error message&freezing using chrome - Similar Threads - Constantly getting Respondingerror

2. Random constant "This folder is in use" message.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random constant "This folder is in use" message.: I've recently gotten into game modding, but problem is that I, sometimes, get the popup of "This folder is in use!" when trying to move a mod folder into the game directory. I have no idea what's causing it, as a second later I can click "Try again" and it'll work normally....
  3. Constantly freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constantly freezing: My desktop originally had Windows 8.1 installed, and ran flawlessly. After upgrading to Windows 10, it had constant freeze issues. It was so bad that I quit using it. I currently need it again, so I'm trying to get it working. I purchased a new Samsung SSD drive and did a...
  4. constant freezing

constant freezing: freezes when trying to save a file freezes when transfering from one file to another freezes while trying to save to PDF I understand MS has a solution to this in the Insider Program. What about us? rand scan now , no integrity issues antivirus says nothing latest...
  5. Constant freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant freezing: My PC freezes constantly, every 2 - 3 seconds. It only lasts half a second, but it happens so often it is almost impossible to use. This also causes the audio to cut out and glitch very frequently, and as a music producer this is extremely frustrating. Any help is much...
  6. Constantly getting "Not Responding"error message&freezing using chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Constantly getting "Not Responding"error message&freezing using chrome: I own a dell Latitude Insprion laptop, it's less than 3 years old, When I use Google Chrome(or IE or Firefox for that matter) the system freezes for extended periods , 3 to 7 minutes, and will not respond. The error message "Not Responding" shows up all the time. This happens...
  7. Freezing constantly

Freezing constantly: First the PC started to freeze after leaving the PC idle for 2-3min, sometimes a bit longer (been happening since around two months ago). The screen/audio would freeze if I didn't constantly use the mouse or keyboard, turning it off normally didn't work either so I had to...
  8. why is chrome freezing and getting a black screen?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is chrome freezing and getting a black screen?: so this happens randomly when I have 2 youtube pages with no other tabs. what happens is that the google chrome window freezes for a few seconds, then all the tabs go black for 5 seconds....
  9. Chrome constantly crashing

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome constantly crashing: Not sure why, but when I open Chrome (after it has crashed once), I am able to restore the tabs I previously had open, but then immediately after, it crashes again. I have tried searching for malicious software using the Chrome Cleanup Tool and none was found. I have also run...
  10. Get Cortana to use Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get Cortana to use Google Chrome: Hello! I've had this fixed before, simply by having Chrome as default browser, but now it doesn't really work and I don't know why. Tried putting Edge back as default then Chrome again, even used the control panel for it but with no luck. 69643