Windows 10: Constantly getting random 9f BSOD crashes, cannot figure out the solution

Discus and support Constantly getting random 9f BSOD crashes, cannot figure out the solution in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and also added a m.2 SSD and new GPU to my PC. About two weeks after putting it together I got my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Madnapali, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Madnapali Win User

Constantly getting random 9f BSOD crashes, cannot figure out the solution

Hi all, I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and also added a m.2 SSD and new GPU to my PC. About two weeks after putting it together I got my first 9f crash and they have been pretty constant, albeit very random, ever since. It will black screen and reboot, if there was any audio it turns into a loud noise until the PC restarts.

Not kidding about the random part, I can be sitting here working or playing a game, and it crashes. I can be near the PC with the monitor off listening to music, and it crashes. I can leave it off and come back later to find it is at the log in screen after a crash. Here is an example:

Constantly getting random 9f BSOD crashes, cannot figure out the solution 56fe656f-1d60-4e74-bc8e-dca1d093bf13?upload=true.png

I have tried almost every solution I could possibly find by Googling the error code. Uninstalling driver codes, rolling back quality updates, reinstalling all of my motherboard/chipset drivers, etc. Nothing has worked. I am about to reinstall Win10 fresh but am not optimistic about it, so thought I would ask here first.

I'll leave the info from the most recent crash here as well.

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: 9f

Parameter 1: 3

Parameter 2: ffffc68f8f70ed30

Parameter 3: ffffeb01bca8b8b0

Parameter 4: ffffc68f97a57a50

OS version: 10_0_18363

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Please help, and thank you!

:)

Madnapali, Feb 16, 2020

2. BSOD 9F

I started experiencing the following BSOD error a few days ago. I performed system restore to a date several days before the BSOD started with no success so I did a complete reinstall. Still no success.

Can anyone suggest steps I can take to isolate the problem?

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: 9f

Parameter 1: 3

Parameter 2: ffffce0ee33d2060

Parameter 3: ffffb58f9c8538b0

Parameter 4: ffffce0ef6e0d9a0

OS version: 10_0_18362

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Thanks in advance!

Larry

LarryBoyce, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Feb 16, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. Constantly getting random 9f BSOD crashes, cannot figure out the solution - Similar Threads - Constantly getting random

2. Constant BSOD and Random Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD and Random Crashing: Hi,So, I've been experiencing some seriously frustrating issues with my computer recently, in terms of BSOD's and random crashing. It is inconsistent, and has no immediate issue that is noticeable, and I have performed a memory check, as well as a full disk scan and various...
  3. Constant BSOD and Random Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD and Random Crashing: Hi,So, I've been experiencing some seriously frustrating issues with my computer recently, in terms of BSOD's and random crashing. It is inconsistent, and has no immediate issue that is noticeable, and I have performed a memory check, as well as a full disk scan and various...
  4. Constant BSOD and Random Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random Crashes and cant figure out the issues, Either BSOD or Will just random shut down...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes and cant figure out the issues, Either BSOD or Will just random shut down...: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22473.1005 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP] Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address space is available, User address space may not be available. Dump completed...
  6. Random Crashes and cant figure out the issues, Either BSOD or Will just random shut down...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Crashes and cant figure out the issues, Either BSOD or Will just random shut down...: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22473.1005 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP] Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address space is available, User address space may not be available. Dump completed...
  7. I am getting BSOD and cannot figure out why :

I am getting BSOD and cannot figure out why :: This is the message I get from the event log. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff8010a2fa320. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  8. RANDOM BSOD and SteamVR constant crashes

RANDOM BSOD and SteamVR constant crashes: new system ryzen 5 3600 with aio cooler.....used gtx 1080ti....new oloy ddr4 3200 rgb ram 2x16gb....sabrent 2tb m.2 nvme....HP reverb g1 i can occasionally leave pc on all day without a single bsod...then sometimes can get random bsod without warning and more frequently on...
  9. BSOD, unexpected shutdown, games constantly crashing. I cannot figure out the problem.

BSOD, unexpected shutdown, games constantly crashing. I cannot figure out the problem.: A couple weeks ago there were a few power outages and my PC had a bit of trouble starting up after that happened and would BSOD or just freeze every couple hours. Now it seems to be performing better but when I try to play a game it will randomly close out unexpectedly and...
  10. Seemingly random BSOD and I can't figure out the cause/solution!

Seemingly random BSOD and I can't figure out the cause/solution!: Hi, So I've been having an issue for a while where my pc will randomly have a blue screen error which will cause my pc to restart, the unusual thing about it is most of the causes as listed on the blue screen will be random. Sometimes it's memory management, other times...