Windows 10: Constantly growing UKlog.dat file keeps crashing my machine

Discus and support Constantly growing UKlog.dat file keeps crashing my machine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a cheap laptop with an small SSD and even after a fresh Windows install, I only have around 5GB left on the C: drive. I have a second SDX card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveRoberts_101, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Constantly growing UKlog.dat file keeps crashing my machine

I have a cheap laptop with an small SSD and even after a fresh Windows install, I only have around 5GB left on the C: drive. I have a second SDX card configured as a D drive and all my files are on there, with desktop, documents, etc moved here. I have configured the SystemDistribution folder to be on this larger drive as well, freeing up as much space as I can on the C: drive.

But the pesky Uklog.dat will not go away. I understand it's safe to delete but even after deletion it comes back like a weed, growing steadily until it consumes all the space on my C: drive after a day or two: 4GB in two days is ridiculous.

How do I get rid of it for good?

:)

SteveRoberts_101, Oct 8, 2020
  2. Gencijs Win User

File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Oct 8, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    need some help opening a .dat file.....

I don't know if will help, but I noticed in a thread someone (@chefsuccess.com) mentioned, that, you need to use the restore to import the file.

I don't use the software, so, I have no idea on the steps/procedure.

Goodluck*Smile Constantly growing UKlog.dat file keeps crashing my machine :)

EDIT:

Dam* those how-to web sites have everything.

Hope this helps: How to Switch Pampered Chef Files From One Computer to Another

95Viper, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Constantly growing UKlog.dat file keeps crashing my machine

WaasMedic file keeps growing

Simple question: Why is my WAASMEDIC file growing every single time I log on to my computer? It started out in the KB realm, but has now reached 5.93 MB. I know this isn't a huge bite of space, but if it keeps growing at this pace, then it will be soon.
    Anyone?

Explorer999, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Constantly growing UKlog.dat file keeps crashing my machine

1. Constantly growing UKlog.dat file keeps crashing my machine - Similar Threads - Constantly growing UKlog

2. System files is growing my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System files is growing my laptop: Since the recent windows update, I have saying that 13.5GB of system files is increasing on my Lenovo V14-IWL laptop only in the 222 SSD part in C: drive following the recent update. Could we fix this problem because of this increasement ? Thank you for the suggestion....
  3. System files is growing my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System files is growing my laptop: Since the recent windows update, I have saying that 13.5GB of system files is increasing on my Lenovo V14-IWL laptop only in the 222 SSD part in C: drive following the recent update. Could we fix this problem because of this increasement ? Thank you for the suggestion....
  4. DAT file concerns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DAT file concerns: Just now, I deleted a lot of temp files. I was going really fast and I ended up deleting some DAT files. I read about these just now and I learnt that they contained critical about programs used to create specific files. I also read that DAT files can have Windows registry....
  5. DAT file concerns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DAT file concerns: Just now, I deleted a lot of temp files. I was going really fast and I ended up deleting some DAT files. I read about these just now and I learnt that they contained critical about programs used to create specific files. I also read that DAT files can have Windows registry....
  6. .dat file are appeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .dat file are appeared: hello Suddenly some files are appeared on my desktop which are of .dat extention .files names are : backup.dat and settings.dat so i want to know that this kinda file can harm the laptop or not ?thank you...
  7. Delete a DAT file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete a DAT file: Hello, My program SuperAntiSpyware detected a malware file named "UsrClass.dat", because this is a Data file when I try to delete it an error message appears "this action can't be taken because the file is open in the system". How can I delete this file? Thanks,...
  8. growing file

growing file: I have a file that grows to take up most of the room on my hard drive. when ever I delete or move files to a different drive the file grows to fill the spaces. I searched for the file but it does not show....
  9. WaasMedic file keeps growing

WaasMedic file keeps growing: Simple question: Why is my WAASMEDIC file growing every single time I log on to my computer? It started out in the KB realm, but has now reached 5.93 MB. I know this isn't a huge bite of space, but if it keeps growing at this pace, then it will be soon. Anyone?...
  10. System and Reserved Keeps Growing.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    System and Reserved Keeps Growing.: Hi, So I'm posting here because I have yet to find a thread with an actual solution to this problem online. I've seen other folks ask about this question, and so far, no real solutions. My concern is that the system and reserved folder on windows 10 seems to grow at an...