Windows 10: Constantly have to fix accounts in Windows 10 mail

Discus and support Constantly have to fix accounts in Windows 10 mail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It seems like every other day, my mail stops working and I need to 'fix account'. It has become quite tiresome, and I am considering switching to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xoviat, Oct 28, 2020.

1. xoviat Win User

Constantly have to fix accounts in Windows 10 mail

It seems like every other day, my mail stops working and I need to 'fix account'. It has become quite tiresome, and I am considering switching to the IMAP protocol. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

:)

xoviat, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Constantly have to fix accounts in Windows 10 mail :(

Zakin, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Linking external e mail accounts to the Mail tile in Window's 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to delete and existing account that is added in Mail Tile App.

• Open the Mail Tile App.
    • Click on the Gear icon in the left bottom corner.
    • Select “Accounts” from the list.
    • Select the Account which needs to be deleted and click on “Delete”.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Constantly have to fix accounts in Windows 10 mail - Similar Threads - Constantly fix accounts

2. Outlook Mail fix account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Mail fix account: On Outlook Mail I need to fix my account verifying password every other day or every day. I do I get this to stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail-fix-account/d8522b71-377a-47a7-b401-35e6d0ef3486
  3. Constantly need to fix my gmail accounts in windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Constantly need to fix my gmail accounts in windows 10 mail: It seems like every other day, my mail stops working and I need to 'fix account'. It has become quite tiresome, and I am considering switching to the IMAP protocol. Has anyone else experienced this problem? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  4. Fix Account Message in Mail App

Fix Account Message in Mail App: I use Windows 10 with Version 1909 on a PC Suddenly, a couple of days ago, when I opened Mail, I got a notification that my settings were out of date. I clicked Fix Account. The screen showed the address of one of my two email accounts and asked for the password. I...
  5. account constantly needs to be fixed

in Windows 10 Customization
    account constantly needs to be fixed: Almost every day I get a notification that there is something wrong with my account, with no details provided. I confirm I want to repair the account, which then takes about 5 seconds to fix. Has anyone seen this?...
  6. Windows 10 mail. Do I HAVE to have a MS account?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail. Do I HAVE to have a MS account?: Tired of ThunderBirds old UI look, so thought I would try Windows Mail. I really want to keep my "local" account however. So I keep getting the error shown. Is there any way to get Windows 10 mail to work with a local rather then a MS account? Yes, I'm one of those "privacy...
  7. Windows 10 Mail client keeps asking to Fix Accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail client keeps asking to Fix Accounts: I have 4 different email accounts setup in the built in mail app for Windows 10. For some reason Yahoo is now constantly telling me to fix the account. I also tried my Icloud account but that will not pull any mail. The password is correct for the icloud account because I...
  8. Windows 10 Mail. Yahoo Fix Account

Windows 10 Mail. Yahoo Fix Account: On the Windows 10 Mail app I have added my yahoo mail account but every 10 mins or so it says that my account information is out of date and I have to re-enter my password. I have a Google and Hotmail account that work fine it is just yahoo...
  9. Windows 10 mail keeps asking to fix account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail keeps asking to fix account: For 3 days now each time I try access my Outlook account via Windows 10 this is the message I am getting. I know that my password is correct but even though I say fix the account the following day I get the same message....
  10. mail cant fix my account

mail cant fix my account: when i go to mail, theres a message thats says my account settings are out of date. i click on it and it shows an error message with 0x80070426 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-cant-fix-my-account/102d547f-907a-4c42-8b92-6bdc818f2403