Windows 10: Constantly have to reinstall sound drivers windows 10

Discus and support Constantly have to reinstall sound drivers windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop with windows 10. My problem is that I have to un-install my realtek audio drivers and reboot to use my headset via the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ken Andre Gulliksen, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Constantly have to reinstall sound drivers windows 10

I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop with windows 10. My problem is that I have to un-install my realtek audio drivers and reboot to use my headset via the 3.5mm jackplug. If I disconnect my headset and reconnect it won't be reconized.

I have unticket the enchanded audio, updated my windows and have been reading about others with the same issue without finding a working solution.

Any suggestion for a fix to my irritating problem?

:)

Ken Andre Gulliksen, Mar 29, 2020
  2. rzn6jw Win User

Constantly reinstalling sound drivers after reboots

It's a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi. I downloaded the drivers from the Creative website and they are dated 2015. Windows says they're the most up-to-date drivers available.

I noticed that there's a RealTek device listed in Device Manager and a couple of 'High Definition Audio Devices' listed, too, so I disabled them (see attached). Maybe that's where the problem lies. I'll have to reboot and see what happens.

Constantly have to reinstall sound drivers windows 10 [​IMG]

rzn6jw, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Matt M76 Win User
    Constantly having to reinstall sound drivers in Windows 10

I recently installed Windows 10 (Tuesday). The install itself had no apparent problems, other than no sound when it first loaded up. Following the suggested instructions I uninstalled the sound drivers and restarted the computer -- on restart I had sound
    so I assumed the problem was fixed.

The next day (Wednesday) I again had no sound when I turned the PC on. So I uninstalled/reinstalled the sound card again. This time there was a reverb coming from the speakers. A second uninstall/reinstall got rid of the reverb.

Yesterday and today I again have no sound when I first turn on the PC for the day. Today has been about a half dozen attempts at reinstalling the sound -- getting the reverb each time,

I had no issues with sound prior to the Windows 10 install. The computer is not that old (<4 years) and the sound card is a creative labs X-Fi titanium, which according to the documentation should be Windows 10 compatible.

Suggestions? Getting really frustrated here.

Matt M76, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Constantly have to reinstall sound drivers windows 10

Sound doesn't work - but driver won't reinstall

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I would suggest you to go to the device manager and check if the sound drivers are installed. If installed please update the drivers and check.

Step 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager, expand “sound, video and game controllers”
      and check if any sound drivers are installed.

• If yes, right click on the driver and hit update.
    Or else go the manufacturer website and install the latest driver.

Step 2: Also run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Constantly have to reinstall sound drivers windows 10

1. Constantly have to reinstall sound drivers windows 10 - Similar Threads - Constantly reinstall sound

2. I Have To Constantly Reinstall Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I Have To Constantly Reinstall Audio Drivers: After I restart my PC, for some reason, audio often stops working. Sometimes it's everything, including my monitor's built in speakers, and other times it's just my headphones' stereo option that does not function properly. The Hands-Free AG Audio still works which is worse...
  3. I Have To Constantly Reinstall Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Have To Constantly Reinstall Audio Drivers: After I restart my PC, for some reason, audio often stops working. Sometimes it's everything, including my monitor's built in speakers, and other times it's just my headphones' stereo option that does not function properly. The Hands-Free AG Audio still works which is worse...
  4. I Have To Constantly Reinstall Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Issue with sound driver even after reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with sound driver even after reinstalling Windows: Hello everybody. For the last couple of months I have a issue with my sound driver. After turning on my pc when I plug in my headphones my pc doesn't register them and it keeps playing the sound trough the speakers. I have to go into drive manager and manually reinstall...
  6. How to correct or reinstall my audio/sound driver for windows 10

How to correct or reinstall my audio/sound driver for windows 10: Every time I turn my laptop on I can not get any sound. I have to put it on trouble shooter then it tries to pick a audio driver. Then my laptop has to be turned off and rebooted. .It is such a pain. Could someone please help...
  7. Constantly having to reinstall windows 10, can't find the cause

Constantly having to reinstall windows 10, can't find the cause: Okay, this is what's plaguing me. Buckle up, it may get long. I have a 2 year-old custom built gaming machine with 8Gb RAM, a GTX 660 and an Intel Xeon processor, running windows 10 since I bought it. I also have a 500Gb HD. At some point, about 6 months into having my PC,...
  8. No sound after reinstalling drivers/Windows 1000 times

No sound after reinstalling drivers/Windows 1000 times: Yesterday i have bought m2 disk and installed it. After that ( lmfao) sound not working. Realtek recognizes plugged in devices etc and the sound level raises in system. I tried different versions of codecs and freshly installed windows 10 but nothing works. This is like hell....
  9. Constantly reinstalling sound drivers after reboots

Constantly reinstalling sound drivers after reboots: After I installed the Win 10 Pro 64bit Fall CU, every time I reboot the system, for updates or whatever, I have to reinstall my Sound Blaster drivers. The reason I know this is because I lose my 5.1 surround sound (everything comes out my front speakers) and nothing brings it...
  10. Having sound driver issues!

Having sound driver issues!: Hi! Just need help with a little problem that has occurred twice now! So, what happens is, out of the blue, all sound on my computer (even system sounds) becomes very slowed down, choppy and glitchy. The first time it happened a few days ago, I restarted the computer, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. have to reinstall sound drivers on reboot

2. keep having to reinstall my audio drivers