Windows 10: Constantly have to reset HDR Settings

Discus and support Constantly have to reset HDR Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I recently got an HDR-capable monitor and have noticed, that I always have to readjust the slider "Change brightness for SDR content" when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Salamihawk, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Constantly have to reset HDR Settings

Hello,

I recently got an HDR-capable monitor and have noticed, that I always have to readjust the slider "Change brightness for SDR content" when rebooting my computer or logging back in after I've been logged in via Remote Desktop. It always gets reset to the very minimum, but the slider is sitting at 60 where I usually have it. All I need to do is click the slider and move it slightly to kind of slap some sense into Windows and make it realize that it should be at 60 and not 1.

This installation of Windows is approximately 1 month old, so it's not gunked up with crap.

Anyone else have this problem or is this a known issue?

Relevant specs:

Custom build

Ryzen 2700x

32 GB DDR 4

Nvidia GTX 1060 (soon to be 2080ti)

ASUS PG27UQ HDR Capable 4k display

:)

Salamihawk, Oct 6, 2018

2. HDR settings won't turn on

Hi Rajiv,

There are several factors to consider when you encounter issues with the HDR feature in Windows 10. One of those is the app/software compatibility with HDR. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest checking the troubleshooting methods in this

article
    on fixing common problems in displaying HDR content.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Kris Ver Win User
    intel UHD graphics no HDR

Hi,

We appreciate your efforts in providing details about your concern. To turn on HDR and advanced color
    settings in Windows 10:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > System > Display .
    • Turn on HDR and advanced color.
    • Select HDR and advanced color settings to view the color settings for your HDR display.

The HDR and advanced color settings page shows the color properties for your HDR display—including the wide format resolution, refresh rate, color bit depth, and color format.

Here's an
    article
    for more information about HDR and advanced color settings in Windows 10.

Should you have any other concerns, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Kris Ver, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Constantly have to reset HDR Settings

HDR settings won't turn on

Hi,

You may play a streaming high range video when our Windows 10 device has a display that's optimized for HDR video. For us to isolate your concern, we would like to ask for the following information:

• Were there any changes or updates installed on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

In the meantime, you may check this
    link
    for more information about what you need to play HDR video in Windows 10.

Feel free to post back, and we'll assist you further.

Rachelle Gra, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Constantly have to reset HDR Settings

1. Constantly have to reset HDR Settings - Similar Threads - Constantly reset HDR

2. HDR settings alone not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR settings alone not opening: Today I read about the HDR settings in some article and wanted to try it outwhen I searched HDR and pressed enter, the settings page began loading up, but then it got closed by itself.I tried again after refreshing and the same happened, further, I restarted my pc, still...
  3. Constantly having to reset pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Constantly having to reset pin: About once a month I am asked to reset my pin stating "my administrator" requires it. At first I was scared that someone was controlling my account, but upon looking it saying I am the administrator, but yet it won't let me put a stop to this constant demand of new pins with...
  4. Ethernet Connection Works then stops then i have to constantly Reset Network settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Connection Works then stops then i have to constantly Reset Network settings: As title suggests this is my issue, the steps i have to follow will be flushing the DNS followed by resetting the network settings followed by the mandated restart.I Have only got one ethernet connection and no wifi on this PC which nails down the internet of which is...
  5. Constantly having to reset my password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Constantly having to reset my password: Hello, Each day when I log back into my email, it tells me the password is wrong. It is not. I then have to reset my password and start this process all over again every couple of days. How do I keep the one password I want? Thank you....
  6. Is there a way to change HDR settings? I have HDR-streaming capable display, but I cannot...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change HDR settings? I have HDR-streaming capable display, but I cannot...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Carbon_Trioxide [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g6mirc/is_there_a_way_to_change_hdr_settings_i_have/
  7. Personalization Settings constantly resetting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalization Settings constantly resetting: I'm having an issue where my background personalization settings are constantly reverting to "Picture" from "Slideshow". This happens mostly when I enter full-screen mode from a game, then exit the game. I can reset my personalization settings fine, but the next time I exit...
  8. I am forced to keep resetting HDR Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am forced to keep resetting HDR Settings: I am forced to re-adjust constantly the slider Change brightness for SDR content on my new HDR-capable monitor. This problem always occurs after rebooting my laptop. The slider resets to the minimum. So I need to click the slider to move it to the position I want it. I use...
  9. I am forced to keep resetting HDR Settings

I am forced to keep resetting HDR Settings: I am forced to re-adjust constantly the slider Change brightness for SDR content on my new HDR-capable monitor. This problem always occurs after rebooting my laptop. The slider resets to the minimum. So I need to click the slider to move it to the position I want it. I use...
  10. Mouse settings constantly resetting.

Mouse settings constantly resetting.: Hey, folks. Just upgraded to 10. Not blown away so far, but it's a lot less stupid than 8. Glad they gave it away for free, seems like the fair thing to do considering they actually charged people money for 8. Anyway, I'm here because my mouse settings keep reverting back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winodws 10 hdr/sdr balance keeping resetting

2. windows keeps resetting hdr tv settings

3. hdr setting keep resetting sdr

4. windows 10 hdr sdr brightness reset,
  5. Settings Personalization HDR,
  6. windows brightness for hdr reset,
  7. windows restore hdr setting,
  8. hdr setting windows 8,
  9. windows 10 default sdr brightness,
  10. graphics and monitor both hdr capable but windows wont turn on hdr function