Windows 10: Constantly having BSOD - hardware.sys

Discus and support Constantly having BSOD - hardware.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; From what I can see this case here is identical to my problem:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kim Steinhaug, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Constantly having BSOD - hardware.sys

From what I can see this case here is identical to my problem:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-problem/993c4a07-4fbb-40b5-96cd-95419b1c6d67

Back to my case, shorter version:

Last weeks I have had regular BSOD, where one ended in not being able to reboot so I had to reinstall Windows 10 to make it work again. It's really getting to bug me and cost me alot of hours trying to find the error.

Lately the BSOD are all MEMORY_MANAGEMENT but before I removed a faulty disk drive two weeks ago, the message/problem varied from BSOD to BSOD. To me it looked random.

I have probably had some 30+ BSOD now so roughly eash second lately. I need to fix this.

I have installed and done disk checks for all drives looking for problems or corrupted sectors, I had one disk with some corruption on it this has been physically removed. I have done all the RAM checks I can find, and every one tells me there is nothing wrong with the ram. I have also done extensive testing of RAM from some benchmarking suites I downloaded, also under stress the RAM will not fail. Same for disks, have tested and done ekstra read and write tests suits to find errors - but all disks are 100% top shape every software tool tells me. So why does the system crash?

When I reboot it all works great again, nothing lost. The only pattern I find for the crashes are using lots of RAM, I usually have a lot of Google Chrome browser tabs open - this is the only thing I can guess takes any resources.

I installed WhoCrashed, so hoperfully this can help. Also crashes are back on a fresh installed Windows 10 system aswell strangely enough.

Are there some tools I can use to test, do you require any other info than the dump below?

Thanks in advance.

Kim Steinhaug

System Information (local)

Computer name: DESKTOP-SEK6JSC
    Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, version 1809, build: 17763
    Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
    Hardware: MS-7737, MSI, Big Bang-XPower II (MS-7737)
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3970X CPU @ 3.50GHz Intel8664, level: 6
    12 logical processors, active mask: 4095
    RAM: 68627722240 bytes (63,9GB)

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Tue 15.10.2019 13.48.00 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: hardware.sys (hardware)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41792, 0xFFFF923FFDE9D660, 0x10000000000, 0x0)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred. A corrupted PTE has been detected.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
    Google query: hardware.sys MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Conclusion

One crash dump has been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

hardware.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

:)

Kim Steinhaug, Oct 17, 2019

2. wdf01000.sys and ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

I'm on Windows 10, 64bit

Basically, whenever I try to update my LPC controller through Device Manager, BSOD with WDF_VIOLATION occurs (culprit being wdf01000.sys)

So I try to use the driver verifier to see which driver is causing the BSOD, but then it causes BSOD (cultprit being ntoskrnl.exe)

Have no idea which driver is causing them

Please help!

Here are my list of drivers and system info: Documents

interestingkid005140, Oct 17, 2019
  3. BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys)

Hi Seung,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys).

Please let us know the make/model of your computer.

The L1C63x64.sys is the Atheros LAN driver and I would suggest to uninstall and reinstall the Atheros LAN driver but install the latest Atheros LAN driver by visiting the manufacture's website and avoid using any LAN driver available though Windows Update.

However the problem could also be with any VPN software and other software so make sure you have the latest version of each of these software.

If the errors continue uninstall the VPN software and check if the issue persist.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries for BSOD - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (l1c63x64.sys). We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Oct 17, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Constantly having BSOD - hardware.sys

BSOD Constantly with different errors and .sys files

I checked the BSOD but it was not one triggered by driver verifier - it was an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a) and the analysis points to possible hardware failure.

Code:
    Code:
    MODULE_NAME: hardware  FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  IP_MISALIGNED
    Your RAM seemed to check out OK, please test your GPU and also your hard disk.

Constantly having BSOD - hardware.sys [​IMG]
    Diagnostic test
    Constantly having BSOD - hardware.sys [​IMG]
    GPU TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

philc43, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Constantly having BSOD - hardware.sys

1. Constantly having BSOD - hardware.sys - Similar Threads - Constantly having BSOD

2. I constantly have BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I constantly have BSOD: I constantly have blue screen error. I don't know what is the cause. I collect the minidump files and msinfo files. Please take a look and help me to figure out what happened and how to resolve the problem. I tried to use wingdb to find out why. It says error code 1e. and...
  3. Constantly having BSOD

Constantly having BSOD: Constantly having BSOD, mainly with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I didn't installed any new hardware. It's not happening when play games, only when I browsing internet.PC:AMD Ryzen 7 3700xMSI B450 Tomahawk nonmaxGTX 1080 ti16 gb 3200 ddr4Minidumps...
  4. Constantly having BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constantly having BSOD: Constantly having BSOD, mainly with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I didn't installed any new hardware. It's not happening when play games, only when I browsing internet.PC:AMD Ryzen 7 3700xMSI B450 Tomahawk nonmaxGTX 1080 ti16 gb 3200 ddr4Minidumps...
  5. Constantly having BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Constant BSOD's after cleaning PC hardware

Constant BSOD's after cleaning PC hardware: Hi,Recently I have been getting constant BSOD's every few minutes since I cleaned my PC a few days ago. I have tried many solutions online, such as running diagnostic tests, memory tests, and I even wiped my entire main drive and reinstalled windows but no luck. Almost every...
  7. Constant BSOD caused by hardware and memory_corruption

Constant BSOD caused by hardware and memory_corruption: After running one of my dmp files through WinDBG I found the image_name to be "memory_corruption" I did some research into that and found it to commonly be a driver problem. I reset my PC yesterday and am still having BSOD so if resetting fixed any drivers, it didn't fix the...
  8. Constantly having BSOD - hardware.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constantly having BSOD - hardware.sys: Last weeks I have had regular BSOD, where one ended in not being able to reboot so I had to reinstall Windows 10 to make it work again. It's really getting to bug me and cost me alot of hours trying to find the error. Lately the BSOD are all MEMORY_MANAGEMENT but before I...
  9. BSOD Constantly with different errors and .sys files

BSOD Constantly with different errors and .sys files: Hi, For the last 3 weeks, my computer has been randomly BSODing. The time frame is anywhere from 1 minute to 45 minutes between BSODs. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 7569 2-in-1. I tried updating all drivers (Dell & Intel) and nothing helped. I reformatted the...
  10. Constant BSOD with new hardware

Constant BSOD with new hardware: Hi Guys So I recently upgraded some hardware; Core i7 6700; Asus Maximus VIII; Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4-2400MHz Kit. The parts that I have kept are my PSU, hard drive, SSD, and GPU (Radeon R9 290). Ever since the upgrade I have had endless BSOD crashes. I have updated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hardware.sys

2. hardware.sys bsod

3. FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: IP_MISALIGNED

4. hardware sys bsod,
  5. hardware.sys error on windows 10 bsod,
  6. hardware.sys bosd