Windows 10: Constantly internet disconnecting with error ID 2505 - couldn't find anything about it Help

Discus and support Constantly internet disconnecting with error ID 2505 - couldn't find anything about it Help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It can happen once an hour or five times in 10 minutes. Whenever it happens the troubleshooter fixes it in 30 seconds, but it's very annoying. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SonyDash, Mar 25, 2021.

1. SonyDash Win User

Constantly internet disconnecting with error ID 2505 - couldn't find anything about it Help

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]
    It can happen once an hour or five times in 10 minutes. Whenever it happens the troubleshooter fixes it in 30 seconds, but it's very annoying.

The troubleshooter says that the "default gateway was not available". The event ID I see when it happens is 2505 "The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{E5444D61-4CEB-490C-96C4-C6E6D00530FA} because another computer on the network has the same name. The server could not start."

I couldn't find any fix. Any help?

It's not ISP-related either because it does not happen when I'm using Linux.

OS build is 21322.1000, I would go back to the not beta version but I don't want to reset the computer.
    [/COLOR]

:)

SonyDash, Mar 25, 2021
  2. onehp1 Win User

uTorrent disconnecting my internet connection

AT&T wasn't much of a help. All they suggested was to replace my router and modem with their products.

The disconnections never happen when I surf the web

onehp1, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Why does my computer disconnect from the internet constantly? (WiFi)

Hi Kevin,

Here are few troubleshooting steps which you may try to resolve the issue with WIFI disconnecting on your Computer.

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    If above method doesn't work I suggest you try below method

Method 2:

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the below article on Fix network connection issues.

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

If you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Ashwin V S, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Berton Win User

Constantly internet disconnecting with error ID 2505 - couldn't find anything about it Help

Berton, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Constantly internet disconnecting with error ID 2505 - couldn't find anything about it Help - Similar Threads - Constantly internet disconnecting

2. Error Event ID 2505

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Event ID 2505: Hey folks,Long time windows user, first time caller.I just built a new gaming PC and upgraded from windows 10 to 11. After completing the build/fresh install, I tried to put the computer to sleep, but it immediately woke back up. I checked the event viewer and saw this: The...
  3. Error Event ID 2505

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Event ID 2505: Hey folks,Long time windows user, first time caller.I just built a new gaming PC and upgraded from windows 10 to 11. After completing the build/fresh install, I tried to put the computer to sleep, but it immediately woke back up. I checked the event viewer and saw this: The...
  4. 2505 error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2505 error?: Anyone know how to fix these? I have 2 NIC's, wifi and Bluetooth on motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2505-error/c5659cc5-7fd0-4cb5-bf06-defdd246131d
  5. 2505 error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2505 error?: Anyone know how to fix these? I have 2 NIC's, wifi and Bluetooth on motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2505-error/c5659cc5-7fd0-4cb5-bf06-defdd246131d
  6. Constant disconnection from internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Constant disconnection from internet: My new MSI computer and my ipad all of a sudden have started constantly disconnecting from my internet, which is Viasat satellite. Other devices, such as my android phone and Thinkpad have no problems....
  7. Constantly internet disconnecting with error ID 2505 - couldn't find anything about it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constantly internet disconnecting with error ID 2505 - couldn't find anything about it: It can happen once an hour or five times in 10 minutes. Whenever it happens the troubleshooter fixes it in 30 seconds, but it's very annoying. The troubleshooter says that the "default gateway was not available". The event ID I see when it happens is 2505 "The server could...
  8. A weird problem that I couldn't find anything about it on the Internet.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A weird problem that I couldn't find anything about it on the Internet.: Hello everyone, I have a problem and I need your help, I will try to make it short as much as I can. My problem is when I start my PC if I don't type my PIN and login fast or if I don't touch anything the PC just goes to something like sleep mode (but it's not), the...
  9. Constant Disconnecting From Internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant Disconnecting From Internet: Hello, I have had a major problem going on with my PC for a very long time. The problem stopped after a while but then started coming back. As the title says, I am constantly disconnecting from my internet at random times of the day. I would say this problem happens about 3...
  10. Constant internet disconnection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Constant internet disconnection: I got a brand new HP Windows 10 laptop last week and on the second day of having it I noticed some internet performance issues. Basically this laptop will only connect to the Internet for about 10 minutes before switching to only a "limited" connection. When I try and...