Windows 10: Constantly Losing WIFI

Discus and support Constantly Losing WIFI in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I lose wifi sometimes twice an hour on this HP When I go to networks, it will say connected, but I get no data. Sometimes it will just say no internet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by txstoby, Nov 2, 2018.

1. txstoby Win User

Constantly Losing WIFI

I lose wifi sometimes twice an hour on this HP When I go to networks, it will say connected, but I get no data. Sometimes it will just say no internet. When I restart, it will connect and work fine for a period of time, but often less than an hour.

:)

txstoby, Nov 2, 2018

2. windows 10 wifi constantly loses connection

Recently I've encountered a problem with wifi connection on Windows 10 on my asus laptop. The issue appears for about a week (after 3\12\2016). Network drivers were not updated at this time.

Issue description:

• Trying to connect to open wifi network
    • Can't connect for a few times
    • Connect
    • After less than 30 seconds connection loses. State is connected but pages are not loading.
    • Trying to reconnect. Failed again with "Unable to connect" error
    • Disable wifi
    • Enable again - no networks available. Appears only after disabling-enabling several times or troubleshooting.
    Can connect to wifi network for no more than 2-3 minutes. Then need to reconnect again and again.

Recent windows updates are listed below.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3140741 LILO Update KB3140741 Lilo\Lilos 3/22/2016

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3140768 LILO Security Update KB3140768 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 3/12/2016

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3144756 LILO Security Update KB3144756 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 3/11/2016

Driver details:

Constantly Losing WIFI a73e8ac8-8043-4906-bd8b-0a3f431f7a85.jpg

LAN connection works perfectly fine.

Would greatly appreciate some help in this question.

Thank you,

Lilia

LiliiaShamsutdinova, Nov 2, 2018
  3. Wifi constantly sending - Lumia 1520

Hi,

Just noticed my wifi is constantly sending all day. Have closed all background apps and it continues. When I switch wifi off - it begins using the cell data. Tried switching off Microsoft Feedback, still no joy. Any suggestions?

DrummerDude---01, Nov 2, 2018
  4. Constantly Losing WIFI

Losing WIFI

Hi,

I have the same issue as the OP. To try and resolve the issue, following the advice in this thread I have:

1. installed the toshiba wireless lan driver for my PC
    2. completed option 3 of this thread
    3. I have been unable to complete the rest of this thread as when I run the tool I cannot see a windows wireless lan driver to hide.

I continue to lose wifi connectivity on my laptop, usually when I have left it sitting for a while.

Does anyone have any further suggestions for how to resolve this frustrating issue?

many thanks

Spec:
    Win 10 home (OTA upgrade from 8.1)
    Toshiba Kira-10D
    i7-5500u (integrated graphics)
    All drivers updated via windows update except the wifi lan driver
    BIOS 1.50 (latest)

The Megulator, Nov 2, 2018
Thema:

Constantly Losing WIFI

1. Constantly Losing WIFI - Similar Threads - Constantly Losing WIFI

2. Constantly losing internet and bluetooth connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constantly losing internet and bluetooth connection: A few months ago my computer custom build about 5 years old stopped connecting to the internet and my Logitech bluetooth keyboard and trackball would randomly become unresponsive, so I bought a new TP-Link WiFi 6 PCIe card which fixed things for one day. When the issue...
  3. Losing WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing WiFi connection: Hello, I have an Asus Vivobook laptop, running on Windows 10, and I’ve recently started having problems with the WiFI. When I switch it on, I’m connected to my network. I use the internet and less than 5 minutes later, the signal drops out. When I go on to the networks...
  4. C drive constantly losing space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C drive constantly losing space: I need a little help with my hard drive. It’s a Windows 10 and it’s consistently losing space by the day. I scanned it for malware multiple times and no threats are detected. I’ve already tried cleaning up the desk and deleting newer files that I didn’t need. What else can I...
  5. WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity

WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity: This just started happening maybe about 1 month ago. I'm not a novice but this one has me stumped. I have a (home built) PC with an MSI Krait Edition motherboard and a PCI ethernet card with external WiFi and Bluetooth antenna. Worked rock-solid for 3-4 years until now. Now...
  6. Laptop loses Wifi...

Laptop loses Wifi...: Hi! My laptop disconects from Wifi at random moments... At 30 min, 1h... its very random. Then i can see all routers from my neightbour, but mine doesnt appear, then i have to restart my laptop, and then i have conection again. Sorry for my bad english and thanks. submitted...
  7. Losing wifi connection

Losing wifi connection: Both my laptop and PC with windows 10 have been are struggling to with connecting to wifi. It was a few weeks ago after a windows 10 update I started noticing the problem. Try contacting Microsoft tech support and they keep promising a level 2 tech support person will contact...
  8. Laptop losing wifi

Laptop losing wifi: After the last Windows update, my laptop keeps losing the home wifi connection. I can still see all the other networks in the area, but it does not see mine. I have to reset the adapter, or disable and enable the adapter, but it's getting really annoying, because I have to...
  9. Losing WiFi

Losing WiFi: I think I know my way around a computer but I am stumped. I decided to take my laptop outside today and as soon as I did I lost connectivity. I could not reconnect, it would try to connect to my network but tell me it was unable to connect. First thought was the WiFi driver...
  10. Losing WIFI

Losing WIFI: Still losing wifi sporadically for no apparent reason. Other devices still working on same wifi router, so signal is not a problem. It drops off at least once a day. Tried all the recommended fixes including updated drivers, down-shifting to 802.11b. Only "solution" is...