Windows 10: Constantly need to fix my gmail accounts in windows 10 mail

Discus and support Constantly need to fix my gmail accounts in windows 10 mail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It seems like every other day, my mail stops working and I need to 'fix account'. It has become quite tiresome, and I am considering switching to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xoviat, Oct 13, 2020.

1. xoviat Win User

Constantly need to fix my gmail accounts in windows 10 mail

It seems like every other day, my mail stops working and I need to 'fix account'. It has become quite tiresome, and I am considering switching to the IMAP protocol. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Constantly need to fix my gmail accounts in windows 10 mail 2d4a30e0-4c5f-49ac-a875-32de6e70bdc0?upload=true.jpg

Constantly need to fix my gmail accounts in windows 10 mail b0d1de1c-8c2b-437b-a892-648852b519b1?upload=true.jpg

:)

xoviat, Oct 13, 2020

2. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 13, 2020
  3. 10win10 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

hi, you can add images how you re-add your gmail account?
    i don't find right now but i search for some article about that, but pretty sure that i read somewhere about that
    Add Gmail and Other Email to Windows 10 Mail Calendar (Updated)

thanks

10win10, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Constantly need to fix my gmail accounts in windows 10 mail

Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Constantly need to fix my gmail accounts in windows 10 mail

1. Constantly need to fix my gmail accounts in windows 10 mail - Similar Threads - Constantly need fix

2. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail: There are tons of pages worth of people asking this question, most of the solutions are the same and this does not work - maybe someone has figured this out more recently. I have IMAP enabled in my Google/Gmail settings, the problem is getting past the "add ann account" page,...
  3. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail: There are tons of pages worth of people asking this question, most of the solutions are the same and this does not work - maybe someone has figured this out more recently. I have IMAP enabled in my Google/Gmail settings, the problem is getting past the "add ann account" page,...
  4. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Mail unable to sync my Gmail accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail unable to sync my Gmail accounts: As the title says my windows 10 mail app is unable to sync and download new emails on my gmail accounts. I use one outlook account and the two gmail ones, my outlook one works fine, also on my second pc the gmails sync just fine. Had this problem for a long while and I...
  6. Constantly have to fix accounts in Windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Constantly have to fix accounts in Windows 10 mail: It seems like every other day, my mail stops working and I need to 'fix account'. It has become quite tiresome, and I am considering switching to the IMAP protocol. Has anyone else experienced this problem?...
  7. Fixing GMail account

Fixing GMail account: I keep getting a message that my gmail needs to be fixed. When I click 'fix here', I get a message that oops something went wrong and we can't fix that. Error code Ox80070042b I cannot access my email account on my laptop, but can on my phone. Any ideas how to fix it?...
  8. account constantly needs to be fixed

in Windows 10 Customization
    account constantly needs to be fixed: Almost every day I get a notification that there is something wrong with my account, with no details provided. I confirm I want to repair the account, which then takes about 5 seconds to fix. Has anyone seen this?...
  9. Fix my gmail account message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fix my gmail account message: Microsoft says my gmail account needs to be fixed and when i sign into microsoft and click on fix my gmail account it asks me to enter my password but i find that the logo of windows that appears on the top doesnt look like genuine windows logo as the squares are missing and...
  10. Unable to archive mails on my Gmail account

Unable to archive mails on my Gmail account: Go to Inbox and click on archive icon of any mail. Getting green notification "Archived". Expected result: Mail should be removed from Inbox. Actual result: Mail is not removed from Inbox....