Windows 10: Constantly need to reset the WiFi network adapter on Windows 10 v1909

Discus and support Constantly need to reset the WiFi network adapter on Windows 10 v1909 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a new laptop and everything is good but the WiFi randomly disconnects and I have to run Troubleshoot, which detects problem and resets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WPHero, Mar 26, 2020.

1. /u/WPHero Win User

Constantly need to reset the WiFi network adapter on Windows 10 v1909

Hi,

I bought a new laptop and everything is good but the WiFi randomly disconnects and I have to run Troubleshoot, which detects problem and resets the adapter, and laptop connects to WiFi.

So far:

• I have reinstalled WiFi 6 driver. It's up to date.
    • Reset Windows 10

I tried turn off power management options in Device Manager, but it turns on again after I reboot the PC. So I'm unable to disable power management in Network adapter device manager.

Please help! It's an ASUS laptop with WiFi 6, 16GB RAM, Core i7, GTX 1650 4GB

submitted by /u/WPHero
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WPHero, Mar 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Network adapter constantly drops and needs to be reset

Hi Brad,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

You may try these steps and check the status:

• Run the Network Troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• You may try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.

• Further you may also check for Windows Updates and check for updated drivers for the network adapter.

You will be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with Windows Update.

Open the Network troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View All.

Click on “Network Adapter” troubleshooter to fix problems with
    Network Adapter. Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Further, you may reset the winsock settings and check if this helps:

Run CMD as administrator.

In the command line type: “netsh winsock reset”.

Press Enter then restart your PC to check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Kashegan Win User
    Resetting Network Adapter

While I have read several suggestions for resetting the network adapter, they all involve rebooting the PC. I am wondering why the Windows Network and Internet troubleshooter doesn't reboot after resetting the adapter? Whatever it does appears (mostly) to solve my network connection issues and a solution that doean't involve rebooting would be an improvement.

Kashegan, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Constantly need to reset the WiFi network adapter on Windows 10 v1909 - Similar Threads - Constantly need reset

2. Wifi Adapter Keeps Needing Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter Keeps Needing Reset: My ASUS laptop's wifi keeps dropping. When I run the troubleshooter it says it resets the wifi adapter, and that usually fixes it. Sometimes I have to uninstall the drivers for my wifi adapter and restart my computer to solve the issue....
  3. Wifi Adapter Keeps Needing Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Adapter Keeps Needing Reset: My ASUS laptop's wifi keeps dropping. When I run the troubleshooter it says it resets the wifi adapter, and that usually fixes it. Sometimes I have to uninstall the drivers for my wifi adapter and restart my computer to solve the issue....
  4. Constantly need to reset wireless network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Constantly need to reset wireless network adapter: Hi all,I have 5G internet connection Norway throguh the mobiel network, coming in through a special antenna that connects to the router. On advice of the installer Telenor we use Wifi rather than cable. Internet runs smoothly on all machines iPhone, Samsung phone, iPad,...
  5. need to constantly reset wireless network adapter

need to constantly reset wireless network adapter: I have to keep resetting my wireless network adapter. Just started happening out of the blue. Connection drops every few minutes. Are there any solutions?...
  6. Constantly need to "reset wireless network adapter"

Constantly need to "reset wireless network adapter": Product: Hp Pavilion dv6 6b64ex Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit WiFi Driver : IntelR CentrinoR Wireless-N 1030 Problem: Whenever i start my laptop, the internet doesn't work. Laptop is connected to the router but it says "No Internet". Whereas, all other...
  7. Constantly need to reset network adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constantly need to reset network adapter: This has been going on for about a month now: occasionally (usually every few days) Windows will tell me I have no internet, and when I troubleshoot it it'll reset the adapter and everything is fine again for a few days. Tonight, it's happened about 6 times in the last two...
  8. Constantly need to reset wireless network adapter

Constantly need to reset wireless network adapter: So, within the past 2 weeks my Lenovo laptop has developed a case of constantly needing to reset the wi-fi adapter. I've searched various help forums and have already: Confirmed my drivers are up to date Changed my power management settings Confirmed my wi-fi autoconfig...
  9. Wireless Network Adapter Constantly Needing to Be Reset AFTER Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wireless Network Adapter Constantly Needing to Be Reset AFTER Windows 10 Update: So I'm running a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series Laptop ( a 3558 to be exact) with an Intel(r) dual band wireless-ac 3160 card. On the Windows 10 update before this most recent one in August, my wifi goes out at random on JUST this laptop and needs the troubleshooter to reset...
  10. Wifi Network Adapter constantly resetting

Wifi Network Adapter constantly resetting: The problem is just as described. This could be annoying for a number of reasons. For me particularly, I use the pc hotspot as it is useful since my router is on the complete another side of my house and my wifi using devices have a better signal near the pc. However, since...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wireless adapter has to be constantly reset