Windows 10: Constantly resetting wireless adapter

Discus and support Constantly resetting wireless adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 on a Dell XPS13. Constantly get message cannot connect to sever and must reset wireless adapter to fix or reboot. Happens 2-3 times an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TimPetersen2, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Constantly resetting wireless adapter

Windows 10 on a Dell XPS13. Constantly get message cannot connect to sever and must reset wireless adapter to fix or reboot. Happens 2-3 times an hour. How do I fix this? thx

:)

TimPetersen2, Nov 28, 2018

2. Wireless Adapter constantly requiring to be reset.

The wireless adapter is a Netgear WNA3100.

I am getting a error reading default gateway not available.

It then resets the wireless adapter then it works for about 15 minutes and then I get the same error and have to reset again.

VincentLegalle, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Windows Wireless Display Adapter-not connecting anymore

Hello Phillip,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Since updating drivers did not work, in addition, you can try to reset the Wireless Adapter.

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Constantly resetting wireless adapter

Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Constantly resetting wireless adapter

1. Constantly resetting wireless adapter - Similar Threads - Constantly resetting wireless

2. Constantly need to reset wireless network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Constantly need to reset wireless network adapter: Hi all,I have 5G internet connection Norway throguh the mobiel network, coming in through a special antenna that connects to the router. On advice of the installer Telenor we use Wifi rather than cable. Internet runs smoothly on all machines iPhone, Samsung phone, iPad,...
  3. need to constantly reset wireless network adapter

need to constantly reset wireless network adapter: I have to keep resetting my wireless network adapter. Just started happening out of the blue. Connection drops every few minutes. Are there any solutions?...
  4. Constantly need to "reset wireless network adapter"

Constantly need to "reset wireless network adapter": Product: Hp Pavilion dv6 6b64ex Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit WiFi Driver : IntelR CentrinoR Wireless-N 1030 Problem: Whenever i start my laptop, the internet doesn't work. Laptop is connected to the router but it says "No Internet". Whereas, all other...
  5. Wireless Network Adapter Constant Error

Wireless Network Adapter Constant Error: My wifi connection keeps disconnecting on it's own, sometimes it reconnects on its own, sometimes it doesn't and i have to disable and enable it on the device manager to make the wifi works again. The device manager said there is something like internal error code 43,...
  6. Constantly need to reset network adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constantly need to reset network adapter: This has been going on for about a month now: occasionally (usually every few days) Windows will tell me I have no internet, and when I troubleshoot it it'll reset the adapter and everything is fine again for a few days. Tonight, it's happened about 6 times in the last two...
  7. Constantly need to reset wireless network adapter

Constantly need to reset wireless network adapter: So, within the past 2 weeks my Lenovo laptop has developed a case of constantly needing to reset the wi-fi adapter. I've searched various help forums and have already: Confirmed my drivers are up to date Changed my power management settings Confirmed my wi-fi autoconfig...
  8. Wireless Network Adapter Constantly Needing to Be Reset AFTER Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wireless Network Adapter Constantly Needing to Be Reset AFTER Windows 10 Update: So I'm running a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series Laptop ( a 3558 to be exact) with an Intel(r) dual band wireless-ac 3160 card. On the Windows 10 update before this most recent one in August, my wifi goes out at random on JUST this laptop and needs the troubleshooter to reset...
  9. Wifi Network Adapter constantly resetting

Wifi Network Adapter constantly resetting: The problem is just as described. This could be annoying for a number of reasons. For me particularly, I use the pc hotspot as it is useful since my router is on the complete another side of my house and my wifi using devices have a better signal near the pc. However, since...
  10. DNS and gateway unavailable- constant resetting of wireless adapter

DNS and gateway unavailable- constant resetting of wireless adapter: Hello, I have been having a constant issue with my Dell XPS L702 laptop dropping the WiFi connection. I have to constantly reset the adapter because I get errors that rotate between "DNS Unavailable" and "Gateway unavailable". When I troubleshoot the connection, Windows...