Windows 10: Constantly running Audio Troubleshooter as administrator for my users. Is there an easier way?

Discus and support Constantly running Audio Troubleshooter as administrator for my users. Is there an easier way? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi - I get a number of requests every day from users with sound issues. The red x icon over the speaker shows up frequently after reboots or updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mgovatos1, Jul 18, 2018.

1. mgovatos1 Win User

Constantly running Audio Troubleshooter as administrator for my users. Is there an easier way?

Hi -

I get a number of requests every day from users with sound issues. The red x icon over the speaker shows up frequently after reboots or updates. My users do not have admin privileges to their computers so they are not able to run the Audio Troubleshooter on their own. How do i give them his ability without giving them admin access to other things?

Does anyone know why users continue to get the red x icon after reboots? We have Dell computers with Realtek high definition audio.

Thanks

:)

mgovatos1, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jul 18, 2018
  3. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Constantly running Audio Troubleshooter as administrator for my users. Is there an easier way?

Windows 10 Administrator's Permission Needed. I AM THE ONLY USER!

Hi Quinton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to play the game Civilization IV Gold Edition after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please do let us know the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• As you have already created new user account, have you tried to log-in with that account and access the game?
    • Is this issue confined only to the specific game?

I suggest you to try few of the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the number of user accounts created on your laptop and also to ascertain the administrator account.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account, try to log-in with that account and access the game to check if there is any issues with the current user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Constantly running Audio Troubleshooter as administrator for my users. Is there an easier way?

1. Constantly running Audio Troubleshooter as administrator for my users. Is there an easier way? - Similar Threads - Constantly running Audio

2. Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier: Here are three things that everyone can do to make living with Windows so much easier:1- Backup every dayWith commercial backup software you can backup your computer every day, automatically, on whatever schedule you choose, while you continue to use your computer. Like the...
  3. Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error: In Windows, I have logged in on both normal user and Administrator. But normal user on Run as administrator, it is only error on typing password. But I can logged on Administrator, no password there. Can you help me? EditionWindows 10 Home Version20H2 Installed...
  4. Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error: In Windows, I have logged in on both normal user and Administrator. But normal user on Run as administrator, it is only error on typing password. But I can logged on Administrator, no password there. Can you help me? EditionWindows 10 Home Version20H2 Installed...
  5. easier way to reconnect bluetooth device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    easier way to reconnect bluetooth device?: have bluetooth keyboard. i connected it to computer 1 (c1). works fine. i pressed the bluetooth button to put it into pairing mode, and paired it with computer 2 (c2). it's now paired and connected to c2, and only paired to c1. is there no easy way to reconnect it back to...
  6. Troubleshoot is not running on my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Troubleshoot is not running on my PC: When I start Troubleshooting on my PC, the pop-up says that “Fix-it troubleshooter cannot run due to an error”. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/troubleshoot-is-not-running-on-my-pc/e139b45e-27bd-47c2-a566-d41ec841b881
  7. Running as a different user / Administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running as a different user / Administrator: Hi, I work in a large enterprise and found that many users on the service desk / 2nd line support are having issues when running applications such as CMD, Active Directory, SCCM etc as a different user (signing in with their Admin Account) When they sign in as a...
  8. Run the audio troubleshooter from a batch script

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Run the audio troubleshooter from a batch script: I have an automated home theatre setup - a batch script that enables my TV as a display, and changes the TV to be my primary display (so games and apps open on my TV instead of my monitor). The same script also changes my default audio device to be the TV. The problem is...
  9. Please let the users customize Windows in a more easier way.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please let the users customize Windows in a more easier way.: I like the Windows 10 design, it's beautiful for me. But I think that this system could be more customizable. I'll talk first about icons: the user could change icons of main system folders, start menu and the taskbar more easier; also, let them create themes with those...
  10. Run User Program As Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run User Program As Administrator: I want to create a small program (bat, exe, PowerShell, whatever) to delete all Event logs. I want to put this on the C drive (not a shortcut on the desktop), double-click it, and it runs. I don't want to have to right-click and choose Run as administrator. Approving the UAC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. every restart I have to run sound troubleshooter

2. can you run a recording troubleshooter without admin rights