Windows 10: Constantly waiting for my files to be downloaded from OneDrive

Discus and support Constantly waiting for my files to be downloaded from OneDrive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently began renting 1 tera on the clouds, I immediately backed up all my laptop. The problem is that now while working video editing mostly, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clairewymer, May 14, 2021.

1. Constantly waiting for my files to be downloaded from OneDrive

I recently began renting 1 tera on the clouds, I immediately backed up all my laptop. The problem is that now while working video editing mostly, I constantly need to wait for the files I need to be downloaded from my OneDrive storage. It's as if the files are now only on the cloud and not on my laptop storage. This makes things extremely slow and unplactical. How can I change this so that my files are both on my laptop storage and on the cloud?

:)

clairewymer, May 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 14, 2021
  3. Files waiting to be burned on disk error

Hello,

As you want to remove the notification for "Files waiting to be burned", I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open This PC.
    • Navigate to the location: C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder
    • Delete the files preset in the above location and check for status.

Note: This will delete the files which have been selected to burn on CD/DVD.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 14, 2021
  4. S.D.K Win User

Constantly waiting for my files to be downloaded from OneDrive

File History & OneDrive on Demand

I know that "files on demand" aren't saved on my computer. However, I still have the following problems:

• After starting a new File History backup from scratch (as suggested in the first response) the majority of my Onedrive , including almost all files that are marked as "Always Keep on this Device" are not backed up.
    • Even for files marked as "Files on Demand" - surely File History should be able to back them up anyway? The whole point of a good backup system is that you have copies of files in multiple places (and OneDrive's cloud system only counts as 1). The creation
      of the file history would be download heavy as it copies every file to my backup device, but after that it should only have to download single files as changes are made.

S.D.K, May 14, 2021
Thema:

Constantly waiting for my files to be downloaded from OneDrive

1. Constantly waiting for my files to be downloaded from OneDrive - Similar Threads - Constantly waiting files

2. I need to download my file from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to download my file from OneDrive: My account was permanently suspended for no logical reason. I didn't do anything wrong1 : I just used my Skype credit to make an international call to a colleague! All my study and research files are locked I cannot download them. Support sent me, "I understand the...
  3. I need to download my file from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to download my file from OneDrive: My account was permanently suspended for no logical reason. I didn't do anything wrong1 : I just used my Skype credit to make an international call to a colleague! All my study and research files are locked I cannot download them. Support sent me, "I understand the...
  4. File Explorer downloads 32 extra files from Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer downloads 32 extra files from Onedrive: Hello,Repeatable issue whereas when double clicking a photograph in WIN10 File Explorer and it's downloaded from onedrive and viewable, an additional 32 sequential files are also downloaded to a local copy from onedrive when not commanded. Been like this for over a month and...
  5. File Explorer downloads 32 extra files from Onedrive

File Explorer downloads 32 extra files from Onedrive: Hello,Repeatable issue whereas when double clicking a photograph in WIN10 File Explorer and it's downloaded from onedrive and viewable, an additional 32 sequential files are also downloaded to a local copy from onedrive when not commanded. Been like this for over a month and...
  6. Runtime Broker downloads files from OneDrive

Runtime Broker downloads files from OneDrive: Windows 10 and 11I use OneDrive and have set “Files On Demand” to “Save space and download files as you use them.” I also select “Free Up Space” on individual files to remove OneDrive files from local storage. But Runtime Broker always automatically downloads files from...
  7. Runtime Broker downloads files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Runtime Broker downloads files from OneDrive: Windows 10 and 11I use OneDrive and have set “Files On Demand” to “Save space and download files as you use them.” I also select “Free Up Space” on individual files to remove OneDrive files from local storage. But Runtime Broker always automatically downloads files from...
  8. Downloading .PST file from OneDrive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Downloading .PST file from OneDrive: When I try to download a copy of my outlook.pst file, I get an error saying the download was stop because this file could damage my Surface. Is there a way how to get this .pst file from OneDrive to my Surface? Thank you. 182395
  9. Can't open downloaded files from OneDrive

Can't open downloaded files from OneDrive: [ATTACH] As shown above, when I trying to open the downloaded file from one drive It is not opening, but if I go and check that file in one drive it is opening and all the details are correct. This error happens for all files in my one drive I can't download anything....
  10. Download from Onedrive to Save Files on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download from Onedrive to Save Files on PC: Hi! I have just moved over 500 GB of picture files from my old PC to a new PC using OneDrive. It took a couple of days for the files to download from OneDrive. They now sit on the OneDrive folder on my new PC - only they don't. Every time I open a picture file I see a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keep waiting when download from onedrive