Windows 10: consult-client.jnlp

Discus and support consult-client.jnlp in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how to open consult-client.jnlp? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/consult-clientjnlp/227810d5-7349-4670-b978-236857a0d8f6 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wei YeLIM, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Wei YeLIM Win User

consult-client.jnlp

how to open consult-client.jnlp?

:)

Wei YeLIM, Jun 11, 2021
  2. LeoSeabra Win User

jnlp

Hi Mary,

Welcome to our community.

This is Leocadia, independent community expert, and I am glad to assist you today.

Sorry to hear about this inconvenience. Now, we would like to help you promptly.

What is the exact error message while you try to open the file?

I suggest you to refer to the link to install the latest version of Java:

http://www.java.com/en/

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

But, beforehand, If you have installed Java Web Start, then you need to set it as the Default for JNLP files.

Try: "Start Button" > "Settings" > "System" > "Default Apps" (Scroll to the bottom of the right-hand pane) > "Choose default applications by file type" and scroll down to JNLP and set the app by clicking on the icon to reveal the options.

Or, in order to bypass this, In the Java Control Panel, click on the Java tab.

- click the security tab

- add Honte. The Best Apps and Games Collection with Reviews to the exception list

- hit apply & try run the jnlp file again

Let me know if it works.

LeoSeabra, Jun 11, 2021
  3. jnlp files openin problem

jnlp files are not assosiated with java tm launcher which is not listed in default apps, instead there is only MS explorer and no choice

Please help to resolve the issue

N.Teplukhin, Jun 11, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

consult-client.jnlp

jnlp

Hi Mary

A jnlp file is a Java Network Launch Protocol file

can you please explain further, where you got this file and where it is located on your PC

Generally, you are not meant to open that file, it enables a Java application to be launched on a client desktop by using resources that are hosted on a remote web server

DaveM121, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

consult-client.jnlp

1. consult-client.jnlp - Similar Threads - consult client jnlp

2. An alarming response from a consultant.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An alarming response from a consultant.: Hello. Not long ago, I wrote on the forum about a problem with the activator of pirated applications, in which I did not know what to do. I was answered by an "independent consultant" who said that I had a virus on my computer and in general, in order to fix everything, I...
  3. An alarming response from a consultant.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    An alarming response from a consultant.: Hello. Not long ago, I wrote on the forum about a problem with the activator of pirated applications, in which I did not know what to do. I was answered by an "independent consultant" who said that I had a virus on my computer and in general, in order to fix everything, I...
  4. Consult / Consulta

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consult / Consulta: Hola buenas, Cuando hago un Reset de mi disco ssd, los archivos o informacion del anterior sistema operativo no se elimina ya intente con un software, tambien intente con Cmd Consola con permiso de root, y ademas tambien intente con un pendrive e intentar resetealo con la...
  5. Consult / Consulta

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Consult / Consulta: Hola buenas, Cuando hago un Reset de mi disco ssd, los archivos o informacion del anterior sistema operativo no se elimina ya intente con un software, tambien intente con Cmd Consola con permiso de root, y ademas tambien intente con un pendrive e intentar resetealo con la...
  6. Consult / Consulta

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Wsus server consulting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wsus server consulting: Hello, IT Microsoft expert I have some issue with a new Wsus standalone deployment, below info: Infraestructure: Windows Server 2016 patch last update. WSUS suceed latest Sync Database is completly cleanup Destination computers info Windows 7 Windows 10 LTSB...
  8. jnlp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    jnlp: can not open file with jnlp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jnlp/60afc732-42cd-4e1c-97fc-43f7d5fdbbd1"
  9. JNLP default won't change.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    JNLP default won't change.: I was attempting to open a JNLP file with Java (per usual) when Windows 10 told me I did not have a default application and I could choose one if I'd like, which I would so I don't have to browse every time. When I selected Java as my default application it failed to launch...
  10. Windows SCAM by Shankar Consulting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows SCAM by Shankar Consulting: Beware of Windows scam that I foolishly fell for on July 27, 2018. My PC was frozen and had a huge Windows Security Alert stating my computer was hacked and all of my photos and data would be lost if I tried to shut the system down. I called the number on the screen and...