Windows 10: Consumer Reports Stops Recommending MS Surface PCs

Discus and support Consumer Reports Stops Recommending MS Surface PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Consumer Reports stops recommending Microsoft Surface PCs over reliability concerns Consumer Reports is stripping its "recommended" badge from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by sygnus21, Aug 10, 2017.

1. sygnus21 Win User

Consumer Reports Stops Recommending MS Surface PCs

Consumer Reports stops recommending Microsoft Surface PCs over reliability concerns

Source: Consumer Reports stops recommending Microsoft Surface PCs over reliability concerns - The Verge

Thoughts? Personal Experience? FUD?

Of note on that list which is just 3 steps up form Microsoft has me thinking I should buy an extended warranty before my warranty upgrade Window expires *Redface

:)

sygnus21, Aug 10, 2017

2. 2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for amd64-based Systems (KB4048955) -Install error - 0x800f081f - Surface Pro 4

You shouldn't be having such problems with an expensive, four-month-old computer!

Please contact the Surface Answer Desk for further assistance =>
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

If still no joy, return the computer to the Microsoft Store & demand a full refund, not a replacement or credit, then take your business elsewhere (e.g.,
    Dell Offizielle Seite | Dell Deutschland).

Cite:

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 10, 2017
  3. Windows store icon missing, unable to pin to start after creator update 2017

OPTION A:. Start here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

OPTION B: Take the Surface Pro back to the store and have them fix it under terms of your Warranty or politely but firmly demand a full refund (not a credit, not a replacement) - then take your business elsewhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Microsoft Surface Laptops and Tablets Not Recommended by Consumer Reports

[The problem is predicted reliability, with estimated two-year breakage rates of 25 percent.]

https://www.consumerreports.org/laptop-computer...

Microsoft Surface devices fail on reliability: Consumer Reports

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-microsoft-su...

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 10, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 10, 2017
  5. I wouldn't be surprised to discover that the constant stream of dodgy updates is responsible (rather than the hardware).

lehnerus2000, Aug 10, 2017
  6. sygnus21 Win User
    Somehow I doubt this is all due to software updates.

And no, I'm not a hater. In fact if it wasn't for MS's slow show in updating the current Surface Book Pro, I'd have one of them instead of my recently bought Lenovo. REALLY wanted that Surface Book Pro, but wasn't going to pay top dollar for last year's tech. So yeah, I'd be owning a Surface Book had they released a new version by now.

Anyway if this is an issue I hope MS gets in fixed. They might also lower the prices, but that's another story for another time.

sygnus21, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Consumer Reports Stops Recommending MS Surface PCs - Similar Threads - Consumer Reports Stops

2. Is a screen protector recommended for the Surface Pro 7+?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is a screen protector recommended for the Surface Pro 7+?: I recently bought a new Surface Pro 7+ which I plan on using for college. For the vast majority of the time, I use my Surface inside, rarely taking it outdoors. I would buy a screen protector, but I personally find them difficult to apply without making mistakes. Though, of...
  3. Reset MS Surface

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset MS Surface: I have a MS Surface tablet that was purchased through the company I used to work for. The company configured this unit with the corporate security. Now that I have retired I would like to reset this tablet to factory defaults and remove all aspects of the business. I have...
  4. Surface Retail Production Release For Consumers. 05192020

Surface Retail Production Release For Consumers. 05192020: Hey Folks: Please update your Firmware on your surface device as its fixes the issues of battery to CPU / MEMORY INTEGRITY of code execution on software to boot the machine SOFTWARE THAT PROGRAMS THE HARDWARE TO WORK TOGETHER. As seen below you'll see Firmware v.Build...
  5. MS Word - Comment Reports

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Word - Comment Reports: I have a lengthy word doc with many edits from multiple users. As the versions have moved along, I've addressed comments with revisions, marked the comments as "Done", and as the final product was reached, deleted some comments and responses. I need to print the comments...
  6. send reliability report to MS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    send reliability report to MS: how to send reliability reort to microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/send-reliability-report-to-ms/aa3d14d8-509b-4354-8f42-34486d3c8ffd
  7. Reporting bugs as both a developer and consumer electronics manufacturer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reporting bugs as both a developer and consumer electronics manufacturer: I have a paid developer account and work for a consumer electronics company that makes Windows-compatible devices. A recent Windows 10 update has broken our device compatibility due to erroneous driver selection. How am I supposed to report this to Microsoft? I've reported...
  8. Legal Issues: Consumers verses Microsoft (MS)

Legal Issues: Consumers verses Microsoft (MS): LEGAL How many out there experienced the same problem as I just did? Millions? Is there enough for a class action against MS? Basically, the tried to sell me something and failed miserably by ruining my laptop, then disappeared without a word - very convenient! It's like...
  9. Consumer Reports Withholds Recommendation for Microsoft Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Consumer Reports Withholds Recommendation for Microsoft Surface Book 2: Microsoft Corporation MSFT is back with a new model of its Surface Book after Consumer Reports rebuffed the original, but it still isn’t winning approval. “We will evaluate the performance of the Microsoft Surface Book 2 once we get it into our labs next month for testing,...
  10. Error Reporting to MS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error Reporting to MS: I check out my Reliability History fairly regularly and often find an error there. However when I try Check for Solution I get Problem Uploading to Windows Error Reporting - please try again later. Is there some setting that I need to activate or is there a real problem in my...