Windows 10: Consumer Reports Withholds Recommendation for Microsoft Surface Book 2

Discus and support Consumer Reports Withholds Recommendation for Microsoft Surface Book 2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Microsoft Corporation MSFT is back with a new model of its Surface Book after Consumer Reports rebuffed the original, but it still isn’t winning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cliff S, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Cliff S New Member

Consumer Reports Withholds Recommendation for Microsoft Surface Book 2

Consumer Reports Withholds Recommendation From Microsoft's Surface Book 2 | Benzinga

[youtube]dqO0nOgVD8w[/youtube]

:)

Cliff S, Oct 18, 2017

2. iexplore.exe 0xc0000142 error after windows 10 1709 update

Is it a Surface Pro 4, Surface Book 2, Surface Laptop, or Surface Studio computer? cf.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/surface

Is...

• Programs and Features | Turn Windows features on or off | Internet Explorer 11 <=this option

...turned off (disabled) and if so, can you turn it on (enable it)?

COMMENT: Since its release on 17 October 2017, we've discovered that Windows 10 Version 1709 (AKA Fall Creators Update) is still fully of bugs, especially for Surface computers. If Fall Creators Update was installed within the past seven (7) days, you may want
    to rollback to Windows 10 Version 1703 & "cool your jets" for a while.

Yes, a brand-new computer shouldn't have such problems but WYSIWYG.

Consumer Reports will still not recommend Surface Book 2

https://www.neowin.net/news/consumer-reports-wi...

PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 18, 2017
  3. Windows store icon missing, unable to pin to start after creator update 2017

OPTION A:. Start here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

OPTION B: Take the Surface Pro back to the store and have them fix it under terms of your Warranty or politely but firmly demand a full refund (not a credit, not a replacement) - then take your business elsewhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Microsoft Surface Laptops and Tablets Not Recommended by Consumer Reports

[The problem is predicted reliability, with estimated two-year breakage rates of 25 percent.]

https://www.consumerreports.org/laptop-computer...

Microsoft Surface devices fail on reliability: Consumer Reports

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-microsoft-su...

PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 18, 2017
  4. Consumer Reports Withholds Recommendation for Microsoft Surface Book 2

Microsoft is adopting the trend of creating an almost disposable devices with shelve life of 2 years before an upgrade becomes eminent , this is sort of acceptable with mobile devices (ex: IPhone) judging their upgrade-ability isn't a hassle process like that of a Microsoft laptop/tablet (Double to Triple the price , Disk spaces are enormous and backup/sync solutions aren't free, They are oftenly used for work purposes yet reliability and upgrade time are questionable) so it is quite logical to not be recommended , guys either copy google/apple or just stick to PC ancient standards both trends are incompatible , thumbs up for CR .

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 19, 2017
Thema:

Consumer Reports Withholds Recommendation for Microsoft Surface Book 2

1. Consumer Reports Withholds Recommendation for Microsoft Surface Book 2 - Similar Threads - Consumer Reports Withholds

2. Surface Book 2 Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2 Ethernet: Hi I have a Surface Book 2 and a Surface Dock, recently my ethernet LAN just disappear not sure why. I have tried rebooting, surface diagnostic, change lan cable and tested lan cable in other device in it worked fine. but not on my SB2. I checked that there is no driver...
  3. Surface Book 2 Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Book 2 Login: My buddy purchased his MS Surface Book2 a couple years ago. He always used facial recognition to log in. About a week ago, the facial recognition ceased to exist. He doesn't remember his Pin or Password. The hyperlink that says 'Forgot Pin' doesnt send me to another page...
  4. Surface Book 2 will not reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book 2 will not reset: I created a USB restore drive from my machine, reset the computer and the restore dies at 65% and then not able to do anything. Is there any way I can create another restore usb without using my PC since it now does not work? I even went as far as saying wipe the whole...
  5. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  6. instagram on surface book 2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    instagram on surface book 2: While attempting to install Instagram on a new surface book 2 device, an error read that requirements were needed. Directx and more than 2 GB of ram were indicated as the need but the machine has 8GB and is on Directx v12. Do you have any advice on what we should do next?...
  7. Surface Book 2 overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 overheating: Okay so I know the Surface Books have an issue with overheating. I absolutely LOVE my computer but obviously the overheating is an issue. Other posts talk about how its their screen that has the issue. I've even seen where the battery in the screen swoll up. My keyboard is...
  8. Surface book 2 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface book 2 update: Just bought the surface book 2 from best buy it had an update from microsft, so i installed it. After i installed it, it made me enter my bit locker key and now it wont let me restore it?...
  9. Introducing Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Surface Book 2: [img] When you think about Microsoft and you hear our mission – to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more – it’s powerful. As product makers, we have to believe in the reasons we build our products. From Office to Windows to Surface,...
  10. Consumer Reports Stops Recommending MS Surface PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Consumer Reports Stops Recommending MS Surface PCs: Consumer Reports stops recommending Microsoft Surface PCs over reliability concerns Consumer Reports is stripping its "recommended" badge from Microsoft’s entire lineup of Surface PCs because the hardware was found to be "significantly less reliable than most other...