Windows 10: Contact email address

Discus and support Contact email address in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I delete a contact's email address?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KathrynOlson, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Contact email address

How can I delete a contact's email address?

:)

KathrynOlson, Dec 17, 2019
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Yahoo Email Contacts List

At work I have a rather large list of contacts, sometimes I have multiple email addresses within one single contact. For example, lets say I have a contact "Bob", within that contact I have L: emailaddress1@techpowerupisawesome.com and L: emailaddress2@techpowerupisawesome.com. When I begin a new email, if I type "Bob", both of these addresses will appear, but I can only select one. I'd like to select both without having to retype Bob to make the list appear again to click the other.

I'm aware you can click the "To:" button to make the list of contacts appear, but you need to scroll down and find your contact, then shift click to select them all. Scrolling around can be troublesome with the amount of contacts I have. I'm not really interested in making groups for various reasons.

So is what I'm trying to do possible or am I asking too much?

OrbitzXT, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

4. Contact email address

email contacts

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add an email to your contacts, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:-

1. Open Yahoo Mail, click on the Contacts icon.
    2. Now click on a contact.
    3. Click Edit Details.
    4. Add email address to the contact.
    5. Click Save.

If you are using Mail App and want to edit contacts stored in People App, I suggest you to refer to following article under
    Edit contacts
    for steps to edit the contact and add an email.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Contact email address

1. Contact email address - Similar Threads - Contact email address

2. is there a email address to contact about emails as i cant get in emails at all despite...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is there a email address to contact about emails as i cant get in emails at all despite...: Cant access email address as its been locked and despite numerous attempts it will not unlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-email-address-to-contact-about-emails/a4482c59-b2ea-4cac-b128-0229f3d9b02f
  3. is there a email address to contact about emails as i cant get in emails at all despite...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a email address to contact about emails as i cant get in emails at all despite...: Cant access email address as its been locked and despite numerous attempts it will not unlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-email-address-to-contact-about-emails/a4482c59-b2ea-4cac-b128-0229f3d9b02f
  4. is there a email address to contact about emails as i cant get in emails at all despite...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting obsolete contact email addresses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting obsolete contact email addresses: I have deleted out-of-date email addresses for my contacts in outlook.live.com but they still show up as options in the autocomplete both here and in the Windows app. For example, I now have 6 addresses to wade through on the autocomplete for my husband no delete buttons...
  6. Deleting obsolete contact email addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting obsolete contact email addresses: I have deleted out-of-date email addresses for my contacts in outlook.live.com but they still show up as options in the autocomplete both here and in the Windows app. For example, I now have 6 addresses to wade through on the autocomplete for my husband no delete buttons...
  7. Windows mail does not offer email address saved in contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail does not offer email address saved in contacts: Hi,In windows mail, I type the name of a person. It offers one email address associated with the contact, random email addresses that it should not have, but does not list the primary email address of the person.When I go to contacts, it does have the correct email address...
  8. Contacts and Address Books

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contacts and Address Books: Hello,Can someone tell me how I can tell the Windows OS to default to using the Windows Address Book and the Contacts in the Contacts folder? It was working fine until I configured my Office 365 account on Outlook. Now it seems the outlook address book has taken over.My...
  9. Multiple Contact Lists attributed to same email address in Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Multiple Contact Lists attributed to same email address in Outlook: On Contacts page in Outlook, two contacts lists exist with the same email address. One shows name on the top line, the other shows email address. Contact lists are similar but not the same. How can we merge the contact lists into one and eliminate duplicates? 178822
  10. Fake email addresses in my contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fake email addresses in my contacts: When I am sending an email and start typing in the name, the suggestions come up. Frequently there is the real name and email, and right under it one that looks almost the same. I would like to remove these asap but don't have a "contacts" spot any more. I am unwilling to...