Windows 10: Contact import

Discus and support Contact import in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can I import my contact list from Windows Live to Windows Mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IverCameron, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Contact import

Can I import my contact list from Windows Live to Windows Mail

:)

IverCameron, Dec 10, 2018

2. Import/Export Contacts

Hi,

Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone.

Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list, and then importing the .vcf file from the computer, which instantly results in an complete, updated list.

However, going in the other direction is my problem.

If I try to do the same in reverse, trying to import the .vcf file into the computer contacts, it wants to do it one contact at a time, instead of the full list all at once.

I suppose they can be Imported/Exported thru gmail, but I would prefer doing it directly...phone contacts only, without importing gmail contacts

Thanks

kitpzyxmsir, Dec 10, 2018
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Contact import

Importing Contacts in Windows 10

There is no "Add people" much less "Import from a file" only "Import contacts" and it lists crap I don't have. How do you really import a .cvs contacts file???

ImInChargeNotMikersoft, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Contact import

1. Contact import - Similar Threads - Contact import

2. Unable to Import Outlook cvs contacts in to my Win 10 Contacts folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Import Outlook cvs contacts in to my Win 10 Contacts folder.: Running Win 10 Home 1909. The Fax and Scan does not show any contacts. I exported my Outlook contacts and it downloaded to the downloads folder but will not import to my Contacts folder. My mail account shows I have contacts from Outlook but they do not show up when I use Fax...
  3. Can't bulk import "contacts" from Windows 7 contacts folder into People on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't bulk import "contacts" from Windows 7 contacts folder into People on Windows 10: I am trying to get the contents of a user's "Contacts" folder available as contacts in the Windows Mail App. The computer was previously running Windows 7 I don't know its history any further back than that, and I was able to cleanly upgrade it to Windows 10 without having...
  4. How can I import a CSV file of CONTACTS into Windows 10 MAIL?

How can I import a CSV file of CONTACTS into Windows 10 MAIL?: the question is "How can I import a CSV file of CONTACTS into Windows 10 MAIL?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-import-a-csv-file-of-contacts-into/88f590f5-0ed5-4ab3-b34f-766335300aec
  5. how to import contacts into Windows 10 mail people? from a VCard file on a hard drive

how to import contacts into Windows 10 mail people? from a VCard file on a hard drive: just migrated to Windows from Mac. I exported my Mac mail contacts to a hard drive as a VCard file and I'm struggling with how I then import these into Windows 10 People. When I go into People on Windows and click Import Contacts it only gives me options to import them...
  6. Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder

Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder: I just set up a new PC, and cannot set up Windows Live Mail, as it is no longer supported. I tried to import contacts into the Windows-10 People folder, but it cannot find my Live Mail account. I find no 'help' established for this. Seems Windows-10 mail is geared for mobile...
  7. import windows 7 contacts to windows 10

import windows 7 contacts to windows 10: how do i import my windows vista and 7 contacts/address book to windows10 people ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-windows-7-contacts-to-windows-10/0a88ef82-dda7-4705-a194-0c714c4ef704"
  8. How to import contacts into Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to import contacts into Windows 10 Mail: How do we import contacts into Windows 10 Mail, this seems to be an unanswered problem effecting many people. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-contacts-into-windows-10-mail/a2f9786c-c706-4817-956c-86fa45c1f8d6
  9. importing .vcf contacts into MS Mail - how do I?

importing .vcf contacts into MS Mail - how do I?: I have my MS Mail pointed to my Yahoo account. I need to import contacts from here C:\Users\cechi\Contacts - how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-vcf-contacts-into-ms-mail-how-do-i/f912bfd9-4d93-4633-a8aa-d859ab1b308d"
  10. How can I import contacts into the latest version of Mail in Windows 10

How can I import contacts into the latest version of Mail in Windows 10: If I go to https://outlook.live.com/people/ I can see my contacts listed. I cannot see any way of importing these contacts into the Mail App in windows 10. A pointer in how to do this would be appreciated. Thank you...