Windows 10: Contact list for Windows 10 mail

Discus and support Contact list for Windows 10 mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I was using Windows Live Mail with my Windows 7 system but I want to use Windows 10 Mail from now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ian MacMillan, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Contact list for Windows 10 mail

I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I was using Windows Live Mail with my Windows 7 system but I want to use Windows 10 Mail from now on. I have created an email account under Windows 10 Mail which works. It is an IMAP account. However this account does not yet recognize the contact list I transferred from my Windows 7 system (nor does it seem to store any email addresses for people I have sent or received messages from under the new account). I understand that the People App includes contact information use by Windows 10 Mail. When I go to the People App to import the contact information from my Windows 7 system, the People App asks me to create a new account, even though the account has already been created under Windows Mail and is recognized in my account list under Settings: i.e., it does not recognized my IMAP email account.

Please tell me how I can import my contact list to the People App for my existing IMAP Mail account.

Thank you.

:)

Ian MacMillan, Dec 5, 2019
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Dec 16, 2019
  3. willden Win User
    Contacts in Windows 10 mail In

In Windows 7 I had a long list of contacts in Windows Mail but when I opened Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 there is no contacts list or draft folders.Is there any way I can add these to my mail account?.

willden, Dec 16, 2019
  4. DerDonc Win User

Contact list for Windows 10 mail

Contacts in Windows 10 mail In

Yeah, there´s a separate app.

DerDonc, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Contact list for Windows 10 mail

1. Contact list for Windows 10 mail - Similar Threads - Contact list mail

2. Contact Lists in Windows 10 Mail and People?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contact Lists in Windows 10 Mail and People?: I've been searching the knowledge base and there hasn't been much since 2017-2018 on this subject. Is it still impossible to create a contact list in Windows Mail and the People App?I was able to create a list on the web when logged into Live and accessing my contacts,...
  3. Contact Lists in Windows 10 Mail and People?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contact Lists in Windows 10 Mail and People?: I've been searching the knowledge base and there hasn't been much since 2017-2018 on this subject. Is it still impossible to create a contact list in Windows Mail and the People App?I was able to create a list on the web when logged into Live and accessing my contacts,...
  4. List of contacts in Windows 10 mail app

List of contacts in Windows 10 mail app: I can not find any way to get to a list of contacts in the mail app. I know it collects a list of all people who send me emails, because when I start to type a name in a new email, it automatically comes up with the complete name and address. How can I edit this list or add...
  5. List of contacts in Windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List of contacts in Windows 10 mail app: I can not find any way to get to a list of contacts in the mail app. I know it collects a list of all people who send me emails, because when I start to type a name in a new email, it automatically comes up with the complete name and address. How can I edit this list or add...
  6. Sort contact list in People app in Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sort contact list in People app in Mail: I want to sort the contact list in People on "Last Name". Whenever I change the options for sort order and display name order, these always return to "First Name" and the order is not changed. I cannot find a way to make it stick.Is there somewhere a hidden setting or...
  7. Windows 10 Mail Contact list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail Contact list: Contacts list from gmail won't import into Windows 10 Mail. Originally tried from old Windows Live Mail, same result. How do I import bulk Contacts??! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-contact-list/7c00f0c6-dfc8-4496-b798-a3e9a19f4885
  8. How to create group mailing lists in contacts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to create group mailing lists in contacts: How can I create a Group mailing list in Windows Mail Contacts ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-group-mailing-lists-in-contacts/59dd64ad-e686-49a8-870e-eecac12a5a4a"
  9. Import Contacts list to the Mail App in Windows 10

Import Contacts list to the Mail App in Windows 10: I recently purchased a Windows 10 (v. 1809) machine. I previously had a MacBook Pro. Can I import the Contacts book from my Mac to my Windows PC? If so, how?...
  10. Contacts in Windows 10 mail In

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts in Windows 10 mail In: In Windows 7 I had a long list of contacts in Windows Mail but when I opened Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 there is no contacts list or draft folders.Is there any way I can add these to my mail account?. 36552